Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pete (the box slayer) rebuild

+11
mightydquinn
gtir_woody
PartyPete
johnny gtir
shroom
nomad
toaster55
burrows1980
ducie54
mreguest
Stu
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

76Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 17th August 2016, 5:03 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Bit of a milestone moment, Very Happy
Input shaft is fully re-assembled
Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Image15

Just the main shaft left to do when the new PAR gears arrive.....

77Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 17th August 2016, 5:48 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm not going to lie.....I've just touched myself Very Happy

The new gears and seal's will be with you Friday night hand delivered

78Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 17th August 2016, 7:25 pm

toaster55

toaster55

This build is getting a little bit sexual ! Lol

79Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 17th August 2016, 7:54 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Yep a bit of alone time for Pete with a box of tissues Laughing

80Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 17th August 2016, 8:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Did you sort out the size issue neil ?

81Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 17th August 2016, 8:55 pm

shroom

shroom

nomad wrote:Did you sort out the size issue neil ?

He just had to use a little bit of spit and gave it a good rub and it soon came to size

82Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 18th August 2016, 9:29 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

shroom wrote:

He just had to use a little bit of spit and gave it a good rub and it soon came to size

Haha, i just need to look at your sexy profile pic to get the steam snorting out my nostrils like a randy bull. censored

83Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 18th August 2016, 11:18 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

No we didn't Leighton. PAR didn't get back me so Pete's got no choice but to like or lump it.
The 0.5mm issue isn't a show stopper because it didn't effect the actual gear, but it's welded snychro-plate on the side.
All it really means is that Pete has an extra 0.5mm of shift travel in that gear.

The new PAR gears I'm not even going to measure what's the point? what can we do if they're also out?
But as long as it shifts without clashing, everything is clinically clean and the bearing clearances are done properly it should be fine (touch wood  Smile )

TBH the support from PAR has been crap and i don't think Pete is their biggest fan either now. Evil or Very Mad

84Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 18th August 2016, 12:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Trouble is there gear's are good and well tested they won't give support as most people will ring them and say your advice is wrong my box blew up. Every box and tolerance is different on so many components there prob is no right or wrong advice unless it's infront of them

85Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 18th August 2016, 4:34 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

There customer support is id personally say almost non existent, also taking money not just from myself but anther person I know, promising a delivery date and not even posting them out! Also very good at not responding to emails if you have any sort or issue which then I have to ring Australia! I wouldn't usually say anything on a public forum but there 'customer service' is utter shite!

86Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 19th August 2016, 11:53 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ interesting to know. I also contacted PPG about some stuff and never got a response. Bastard australians!

87Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 19th August 2016, 4:18 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeah I had just same with ppg, par was okay on phone discussion on Subaru info. Why they don't have a spec PDF for each kit online is beyond me !

88Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 19th August 2016, 7:08 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I contacted PPG too about there clutch forks! Never had a response either. PAR did reply so I bought from them, although I must say the finish on them is far from what I expected, I think the 40 grit sand paper is as well finished!! Good job they were cheap..... Cough!!

89Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 19th August 2016, 8:13 pm

shroom

shroom

Its all the sun and shit beer its puddles their brains. They are so laid back lol

90Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 19th August 2016, 9:47 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Hey Pete,
I found my post about trying to remove that diff bearing (scroll about half way down)
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t6138-bearing-removal-and-fitting-kits

you can see why i ended up leaving it on as it was in good nick, which isnt option because of your pitted one Sad
But at least i already have a new replacement Very Happy

91Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 19th August 2016, 10:11 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Cosmic73 wrote:Hey Pete,
I found my post about trying to remove that diff bearing (scroll about half way down)
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t6138-bearing-removal-and-fitting-kits

you can see why i ended up leaving it on as it was in good nick, which isnt option because of your pitted one Sad
But at least i already have a new replacement Very Happy

Yep just had a look, perhaps grinding it off is the only option?
Also if you can't find the new gaiter ask your lad if he's put it I the vase Razz ...man that made me laugh

92Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 20th August 2016, 4:38 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Use a bearing separator clamp.
Cut the cage off bearing (screw driver & side cutters)
Use the bearing separator clamp on the lip of the inner bearing race (use flat edge of clamp not tapered)
now either use extensions & puller on the clamp or mount in press .
You can buy half decent versatile bearing separator clamp full kits for around £60 & just a large clamp for about £25
I done this a few times on diff side bearings & pinion shaft bearings.
Better tool is clam-shell kit as can remove saving bearing but they expensive & in most scenarios you replacing bearing .
Google should produce videos on this as methods used a lot on diffs .
cosmic got tools at work fir this (same puller he used on mainshaft)

Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Bearing_seperator_clamp

93Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 20th August 2016, 6:31 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

mightydquinn wrote:I contacted PPG too about there clutch forks! Never had a response either. PAR did reply so I bought from them, although I must say the finish on them is far from what I expected, I think the 40 grit sand paper is as well finished!! Good job they were cheap..... Cough!!

Did you use the online inquiry form? Ive noticed alot of company are terrible with replying when you submit a question through an online form. I always seem to get responses when I send a direct email.

94Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 20th August 2016, 8:34 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Mr B wrote:Use a bearing separator clamp.
Cut the cage off bearing (screw driver & side cutters)
Use the bearing separator clamp on the lip of the inner bearing race (use flat edge of clamp not tapered)
now either use extensions & puller on the clamp or mount in press .
You can buy half decent versatile bearing separator clamp full kits for around £60 & just a large clamp for about £25
I done this a few times on diff side bearings & pinion shaft bearings.
Better tool is clam-shell kit as can remove saving bearing but they expensive & in most scenarios you replacing bearing .
Google should produce videos on this as methods used a lot on diffs .
cosmic got tools at work fir this (same puller he used on mainshaft)

Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Bearing_seperator_clamp

I see what you mean now, yes that would save grinding the race.
We have these seperators at work so i could do this during my lunch,
Very Happy

95Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 20th August 2016, 9:25 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ extended lunch I hope .
Have 2hr+ lunches here quite regularly :-)

96Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 20th August 2016, 10:14 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Mr B wrote:^ extended lunch I hope .
Have 2hr+ lunches here quite regularly :-)

Rub it in why dont you,
I barely get time to bite a sarnie and slurp a brew Sad

97Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 20th August 2016, 10:20 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That sucks ... things here are very laid back on time management lol . with coffee & small food stalls everywhere around company work areas it a struggle fit work into the time schedule :-D

98Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 1st September 2016, 12:39 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

2nd major milestone complete, Very Happy
I've just finished assembling the mainshaft assembly with the new 1st & 2nd gears, new bearings and uber-clean parts,   Very Happy  Very Happy
Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Img_1410

Bit of disappointing news about the diff however.
I have a spare LH bearing, but the RH bearing can't be collected from Nissan till the 20th September!!  Crying or Very sad

99Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 1st September 2016, 1:35 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

So close yet so far! Looking good Smile

100Pete (the box slayer) rebuild - Page 4 Empty Re: Pete (the box slayer) rebuild 1st September 2016, 4:05 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Looking good!
Its not going to hurt waiting a little longer now it's all coming together. Atleast the end is in sight.
Great work Neil.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum