Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

engine rebuild

+6
pulsarmoley
hagger
Gostek
shroom
Supernova
luke s
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1engine rebuild Empty engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 5:35 pm

luke s

Hi I was going to have my engine rebuilt
New oil pump,  head gasket, get the crank journals checked and ground if needed, flywheel lightend, have new rings fitted to the cp pistons new clutch fitted
Unfortunately my builder is not able to carry out the work, does anyone know who could do the work around Northampton or Il pay a friend to get the car taken to someone that can carry out the work
I'm after someone that's known and has done these engines
I was planning to get the car to a garage in December then I could have the car back by end of Feb
Thanks guys
Il supply clutch and oil pump

2engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 6:58 pm

Supernova

I'm thinking about having similar work done I'm not really brave enough to try it myself due to lack of experience.

Would be nice if we had a thread with recommended places for work being done on our cars.

3engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 7:19 pm

shroom

shroom

Well its simple for me as with a previous thread. I had an engine rebuild by a "reputable" chap back in the day. Long story short it didnt go down to well.

I would advise Bob at GTiR-us as he has the knowledge and enthusiasm with these cars, everyone has to wait its a good indication how a quality business. Same with everything from Tattoos to wedding dresses the longer you have to wait for a slot the better their doing lol

4engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 8:05 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Hey Luke remind me about it Sunday I might have some sort of solution...

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

5engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 8:13 pm

luke s

Ok cheers Mike

6engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 8:53 pm

hagger

Ive decided to build my own engine so i can learn how it all works.Its fun when you start and at least you know who to blame when it all goes bang ;-). just make sure you have loads of micrometers,torque wrenches,plastigauge and a big hammer.

7engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 8:57 pm

luke s

I could rebuild it and have the tools too, I just have not got the time as I'm so busy at work that's all

8engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 22nd October 2015, 9:21 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I too will also be rebuilding the engine myself, im even tempted to have ago at the gearbox Shocked

9engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 23rd October 2015, 10:20 pm

jay1

have a go at building yourself, they are reli not that hard to build, its a little trek from north hampton but rolan alsop are the best engineering company iv ever used. prices are reasonable and the attention to detail is top notch. thats if ya fancy building your own motor

10engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 23rd October 2015, 11:07 pm

luke s

It's just lack of time that's all I have some weekends but I spend that with my kids

11engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 24th October 2015, 8:30 am

jay1

ahh i see, i guess your best bet would be to go and see bob at gtir us, he seems to have a pretty good reputation with gtirs

12engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 24th October 2015, 3:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It's the small things that make a big difference and can in my opinion only like anything else come with experiance and seeing failed engines knowing the back ground of the car what and how it failed and that's where Bob building a engine is worth the price that and the fact he is bloody cheap for the time he puts into it

13engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 24th October 2015, 4:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah it was the best £20 quid ive ever spent having bob build mine yoursofunny

14engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 24th October 2015, 6:03 pm

Daniel232006

Going through my own build tho having not really got to the engine in a serious way yet...I have good and very positive experiences with Bob at GTI-R us personally (Always incredibly busy) the other recommendation I would make is Torque Development in Thurrock (TDI)

15engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 24th October 2015, 9:13 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Daniel232006 wrote:Going through my own build tho having not really got to the engine in a serious way yet...I have good and very positive experiences with Bob at GTI-R us personally (Always incredibly busy) the other recommendation I would make is Torque Development in Thurrock (TDI)

TDI are good but bloody expensive imo

16engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 25th October 2015, 8:38 pm

Daniel232006

indeed - my is currently with TDI...awesome service, awesome everything...but you do pay for it!!! But I wanted the perfect finish to the project :O)

17engine rebuild Empty Re: engine rebuild 25th October 2015, 9:09 pm

luke s

I think I now have a plan of action thanks to Gostek and Chris wet all helping each other out, there is a lot of gtir love here lol but once stripped Il have all parts sent down to a very good engineering shop that do work on a lot of group N rally cars and Iv worked with the owner doing past engines so very positive for the future
So thanks everyone
Il help Mike wherever I can and Chris with his R
Now to find a chain kit .....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum