Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pete from Leicester

+8
gtir_woody
pulsar23
johnny gtir
GTI-R US
pulsarmoley
toaster55
Stu
nomad
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pete from Leicester  Empty Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 2:20 pm

Well I've finally got round to signing up to the forum Smile glad to be here and even though I've only owned the pulsar for less than a week , I've already had very positive dealings with Bob from gti-r-us who has got me right out of a mess with his array of spare parts, Im also going for a map soon. Cannot stress how professional and friendly these people are and will definitely do business with them again . Anyway onto the main point .... Hello everyone I'm a new pulsar owner from cruddy old Leicester (censored my own grammar ) this is my first one and I've got to say WHAT A CAR!!!! As is normal with me I've ordered a ton of parts , arranged a remap and have already detailed the car. My car is nearly rust free arches aside and is a beautiful black 92 plate gti-r. It had 73,000 miles on the clock and it's supporting mods as it stands are ;
Plasma glow mph clocks, 2.5 inch mongoose exhaust with decat, front mount inter cooler, induction kit , walboro fuel pump , lightweight compo motive alloys, and I've got evo 560cc injectors and a huge k and n cone filter set to arrive any day now. I've also ordered some new door hinges and bonnet hinges to help with the vibrations / door misalignment. The first modification I carried out myself was to use some self adhesive draught excluder tape round the internal door frame where the rubber meets to stop the wind noise and this has worked with great success. Also on the way are the struts for the boot lid as these are very tempermentall . Only real fault is the high idle but after trawling through many forum posts I've now realised it's because of the cheaper dump valve (single piston) that's fitted . My plans are simple utilise the engine to it's safest reliable power within the modifications I have and to bring the exterior back up to mint condition ! Thank you for reading and I look forward to getting to know you guys.
Cheers
Pete

2Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 2:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum pete from lesta lol nice to see the enthusiasm Wink

3Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 2:54 pm

Thank you nomad Very Happy yeah I'm really enthusiastic wanted one for years but only now in a financial situation to run one haha

4Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 5:42 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome

5Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 6:15 pm

toaster55

toaster55

hello and welcome!

6Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 7:10 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome fella, good work getting stuck in thumbsup

Pete.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

7Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 8:18 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hiya pete and welcome to the forum Cool

nice to see someone so enthusiastic, good on ya fella

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 8:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome and nice to read about someone looking after the ouside of the car not just power

9Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 8:33 pm

pulsar23

Hello mate and welcome! Good site and ppl always willing to help

10Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 9:04 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum pete. Nice write up. You should post some pics once you get a chance Smile

11Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 9:19 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Welcome Pete, I'm Pete also ( great name) and not to far away from you in Derbyshire!

12Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 18th November 2014, 11:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its a pete take over crazy cow

13Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 19th November 2014, 1:25 am

Thanks for the warm reception everyone glad to be here Very Happy will keep you all informed as to progress etc

14Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 19th November 2014, 7:57 am

Indy

Welcome Pete

15Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 19th November 2014, 6:50 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Welcome pete good to see another owner in Leicester Smile
Bob is a top bloke always very helpfull for parts or advice..
There will be a few of us going to the rally day at rockingham on the 6th dec if you want to go watch some amateur rallying..

16Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 29th April 2015, 11:50 am

My god just re read this and now realise how naive I was hahahahaha ohh I wish it had been that simple lol

17Pete from Leicester  Empty Re: Pete from Leicester 29th April 2015, 2:58 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

lol, least you still got the enthusiasm, quite a few end up with a dead engine shortly after purchase as most people sell them on after the home built engine looks to be a possible second rebuild :-S bit of a shame with gearbox too but nothing that can't be fixed if the heart wiling :-) main thing these days is as minimal rot in the shell as possible & nice & straight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum