Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Head rebuild or full rebuild?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Head rebuild or full rebuild? Empty Head rebuild or full rebuild? 8th March 2017, 4:56 pm

gtir_primera

Hi all, new to this forum but been around Nissan and the SR20 motor for a while now. My GTiR swapped Primera has been going on strong for about 6 to 7 years.

It is a Stock Gtir motor with a Nistune ecu. The other night it popped out of 2nd gear around 4500 rpm and free revved and the rocker arms are done. 6 out of 8 rockers a busted up or out of placed, Funny thing is I did not notice any metal to metal noise when trying to start the motor up again.

So my question is should look at a full engine rebuild or can I just perform a top end rebuild?
I was thinking of performing a compression test and visual inspection with a borescope. All of the springs and retainers are in place.

What advice do you all have on this?

Thanks

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum