Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAB Suspension Rebuild

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty GAB Suspension Rebuild 18th July 2014, 8:41 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

As per title anywhere in the UK that rebuild GABs my fronts are knackered but the rears are good?

Thanks in advance.

2GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 18th July 2014, 9:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think gaz shocks in essex do lots of differnt shock rebuilds so could be worth a phone call at least ...

3GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 18th July 2014, 9:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There you go mate ...... http://www.gazshocks.com/contact-us

4GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 19th July 2014, 2:30 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Think you will be hard pushed find someone rebuild standard style sealed strut type GABs.
You can convert them with Bilstein inverted inserts as GABs have 50mm metric tubed bodies, B6 cartridges for 50mm strut bodies with top metal interference fit seal ring can work or you need thread top of struts or chop threaded tops off VW or bmw struts & weld on to give wider option of possible inserts.
Bilstein inserts are rebuildable & can be custom valved .
other option is used set of GABs off bob then work on old ones.

5GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 19th July 2014, 9:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry i didnt realise they are sealed shock  Suspect 

6GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 19th July 2014, 9:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I may possibly have 2 fronts I could flog you spike if they can't rebuild them. You won't be able to get hold of me next week though as il be in germany

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 19th July 2014, 10:09 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Searched for a while seems the front shocks are a common issue both sets ive had one of the fronts went soft, dont think anyone rebuilds them, shame as they are great shocks Sad

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

8GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 19th July 2014, 10:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I remember seeing a post on the blistien mod think it was a guy from new zealend that had it done like mr b said ....

9GAB Suspension Rebuild Empty Re: GAB Suspension Rebuild 20th July 2014, 4:50 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes it is a shame, standard style strut options for the GTiR are very limited & all used options are pretty old, the Bilstein mod is way go as end product better than original GAB. Main hassle is sorting what insert to use, likes of RX7 inserts will fit the 50mm GAB bodies but need look at rod thread & cut for top hat fitting plus rod length etc.
If I was to do this I would probably opt for crossing the GAB strut with threaded top of a VW strut as increases possible inserts drastically & threaded top seal ring collars are far better.
You can also use Koni inserts same as Whiteline opted to do but Bilstein are far better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum