Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please)

+30
stevepudney
hreggtir
clarebear
warpspeed
Bones
richpulsar
mikewazowski
saddler
toaster55
Jammin
Hardy172cup
nomad
mightydquinn
GTIR James
Girl racer
johnny gtir
buckym120
pulsarmoley
Digitalfaze
ROB_IOW
Pulsar Paul
Stu
Gaz GTiR
BEBB GTIR
johnboy
Andy Sunny Gti
Concrete-GTIR
Welling_AL
Gl3nnGTIR
GTI-R US
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

2015 anniversary, where???

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 4 Vote_lcap71%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 71% [ 20 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Blyton park is only 27 miles for me

warpspeed

How about Mallory now that it's up and running again? Show some support for one of the friendliest tracks in the uk.....
It was around £5-7k depending on dates before, I would guess it'll be cheaper now since they need to get the business running again....
Free camping and great track, perfect in my books...
Blyton is imo too small and technical for pulsars.....remember how quick the wee CRX was when I took you out on track Bob? It only had 100hp that day but wouldnt have been able to go much faster even with more power (btw it's getting rebuilt to have 80% better power to weight ratio)
Just my opinions and at the end of the day what really matters is getting as many gtir owners together as possible...I've kept my head down over the last wee while as all the arguing has gone on, as Bob and some of you may know it doesn't interest me in the slightest who said what and who did what, all I care about is the gtir's, enjoying them and saving as many as possible...
So doesn't really matter to me where it is as it's the people and the cars that are important, let's make good memories  Cool

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep I thought about Mallory park scott but think its gonna be out of our price range tbh

when we went on the 2 occasions with the Renault 5oc once at blyton and once at Mallory it seems that blyton could be offering a far better deal to us as a club, and lets face it the final thing does come down to costs involved in sorting this out as an overnight function.
Mallory is certainly a better track than blyton but you can still have a great deal of fun at blyton too with our cars as its more of a technical circuit.

theres also space too on the big grass areas for stuff like a marque and for all those that wish to camp on the day prior and overnight which could in itself be a right laugh with a few tunes and a bbq etc.
also on the following main day we can organise stuff like a show n shine competition for the best turned out gtir with some prizes for winner and runner up as well as tracktime for everyone without having a load of numptys on track that we don't know then everyone can have a thoroughly enjoyable weekend hopefully

we want to make it a family type weekend so people can bring there wives and gf's too if they want so thought blyton would be the ideal place to fit everything in that we wanted for the best deal I can possibly get for us as a club booking
but il by all means get a price from Mallory too, were considering all options at the moment which is the idea of this thread and poll so keep the ideas coming people

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I still feel a massive club stand on japfest or japfest2 or trax would be a better option.
Simply because they already have food vans on site and have other things going on that people can watch or take part in. Like the drifting and the drift taxi...
I know it won't be just a Gtir specific day!,, but if over 60 Gtir turn up and all park together it's going to raise quite a few eyebrows Wink

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

warpspeed

Since costs are the big concern are there any other clubs/marques that share an anniversary on the same year? Grudge match! lol
Sharing an event with another group could make the event even bigger for everybody with less costs? win win?

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I do believe 2015 will be the 25th anniversary of the Renault Clio lol
Also wasn't the mitsubishi GTO launched in 1990?

warpspeed

Sounds like a fun grudge match...there's some quick clio's about...
3000gto's would never get going at Blyton but too wide to pass! lol

Hardy172cup?? Clio owner?  Wink are you on Cliosport and RTOC?

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

I'll go anywhere as long as it has heating,electric,hot running water and at least 4 stars! ( and not the type that are in the sky)  queen   lol! 

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

warpspeed wrote:Sounds like a fun grudge match...there's some quick clio's about...
3000gto's would never get going at Blyton but too wide to pass! lol

Hardy172cup?? Clio owner?  Wink are you on Cliosport and RTOC?

Ex Clio owner Laughing I have had a couple of 172 cups but I was never on the forums, I don't know why I just never realy thought to join.
I think with the GTIR its just one of those cars were it feels good to be in a community of fellow owners for help and advice etc lol I just kept the hardy172cup name because I use it for a lot of other profiles and it's just easy to stick to one online name lol

To be fair if Blyton is a realy small technical track the light fwd Clios would probably hand us our heavy arses  Embarassed

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

A problem with Clios might be the age and mentality of the drivers lol nothing against Clios or their owners I'm just worried the track would be full of 17 year olds in £300 worth of 1.2 scrap  Rolling Eyes 

warpspeed

fair point but we won't know unless we try....

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

clarebear wrote:I'll go anywhere as long as it has heating,electric,hot running water and at least 4 stars! ( and not the type that are in the sky)  queen    lol! 

il get a nice tent  Very Happy  a night of roughing it and getting pissed stuffing your face full of bbq grub and booze will be good for you   run

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

GTI-R US wrote:
clarebear wrote:I'll go anywhere as long as it has heating,electric,hot running water and at least 4 stars! ( and not the type that are in the sky)  queen    lol! 

il get a nice tent  Very Happy  a night of roughing it and getting pissed stuffing your face full of bbq grub and booze will be good for you   run

i've got a nice 10 man tent, Clare you'd love it  Wink Laughing 

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 4 Th_71bbb84e49a14946141c1bba5f0f8b73_zps057929ec

Found one!! And there was me panicking  Wink Wink Wink

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

hreggtir wrote:
GTI-R US wrote:

. Btw I do not stuff my face!  Shocked 

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

clarebear wrote:
hreggtir wrote:
GTI-R US wrote:

.   Btw I do not stuff my face!  Shocked 

It's ok thanks dan, found my tent  Cool 

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

ten man tent its Clare who asked she only takes one little space who's the other 9 spaces bob and his big wallet  Very Happy plenty room for spare shoes clare

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Stu wrote:I still feel a massive club stand on japfest or japfest2 or trax would be a better option.
Simply because they already have food vans on site and have other things going on that people can watch or take part in. Like the drifting and the drift taxi...
I know it won't be just a Gtir specific day!,, but if over 60 Gtir turn up and all park together it's going to raise quite a few eyebrows Wink
stu I know you have a lot on mate and some people wont travel to both but supposed to be lots up for a show this year would be good to get a turn out at rr day a show and the above meet

warpspeed

Surely a day more focused on gtir's would be better? If it's just another car show folk will wander off.....that's no helping to bring members together is it?

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

warpspeed wrote:Surely a day more focused on gtir's would be better? If it's just another car show folk will wander off.....that's no helping to bring members together is it?

yes that's my thoughts scotty
would be nice if we all had a laugh as a group of people rather than all disappearing then no one really gets talking to each other

we will get a few options up and narrow it down a bit then see what you guys wanna do

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I emailed brands hatch asking how much to hire the track for us all for the day .... £22.000 wich is not bad  Laughing

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that's well cheap we will have 3 of those  Laughing 

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I'm still waiting to hear from japfest2. Sent an email about 5 days ago now.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Hi Lieghton,

Venue and track hire at the circuit does vary in price throughout the year looking at around £22,000 during the peak summer months

If you were simply looking towards a group track day as such you could simply join an MSV Trackdays event

This would be the most cost effective as individuals would be in charge for booking and they would receive a discounted rate

We could look at doing things such as a group photo shoot on the grid, instruction sessions, banners etc..

Regards

Michael Hutton

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That was email i got back from brands ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum