Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are people's thoughts?

+5
ROB_IOW
nomad
gtir_woody
Mr B
PartyPete
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What are people's thoughts?  Empty What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 9:58 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Do you guys think this is worth the asking price or not? And are the front seats a different colour to the ones in the back?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201343529620

2What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 11:00 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

seat colour is mainly camera & lighting issue in shots I would think.
With that sort of price you could win any auction bid on finest in Japan & still have couple grand in pocket & import a fresh truly original mint example.
Do be sure it not one of autoinfusions cars as they all polished tat ...

3What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 11:17 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks really clean, but geeze that price is up there.

4What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 11:17 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm not thinking of buying, just wondered as it did seem a little steep especially as it's not 100% original

5What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 11:34 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's very true if it isn't original, I could buy 2 half decent R's for that price in Aus

6What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 11:35 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Hard to say a value without actually looking at it.
If it is truly immaculate with just minor tweaks as mentioned then it worth good money. DL2 being rare colour too I would probably be happy pay £7k if it really was a good clean one, all screws & clips present & not looking fiddled with, running truly perfect & without dubious past/silly seller tales & just 1 uk owner .
Still possible buy super low mileage clean ones direct from japan & with that sort of budget you will cover the best they got landed/reg'd & have change.

7What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 11:39 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

gtir_woody wrote:That's very true if it isn't original, I could buy 2 half decent R's for that price in Aus
Do you have quite a few always on the used market then or would it take a few months to get a selection.
How do buy used In Oz, You have used car eBay section ? you have other specific sales market for used private/trade sales ?

8What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 11:55 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Either carsales.com.au or gumtree is where I'd normally look but there are a couple of other sites aswell. Honestly there used to be quite a few R's on the market but the last couple years the market has declined, I haven't looked lately but there is certainly a lot less. I'd spent awhile now looking for another R in good condition if I was buying again IMO

9What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 12:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think woody must be on about this beauty when he says half decent http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/221758448924?nav=SEARCH affraid

Last edited by nomad on 4th May 2015, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

10What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 12:01 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Must be a pain in the arse in aus going to look at cars, here in the UK especially with me being in the Midlands I'm never too far away from what id like to look at, you could be thousands and thousands of miles away?!

11What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 12:20 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Gotta ask why has it got braided brake lines!
It's probably been Demodified

12What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 12:29 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

nomad wrote:I think woody must be on about this beauty  when he says half decent http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/221758448924?nav=SEARCH affraid
Mmm be hard get your 4.99 ozzy-dollars worth from that crumpled can :-O

13What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 12:59 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

ROB_IOW wrote:Gotta ask why has it got braided brake lines!  
It's probably been Demodified
Possible, only way to find out is a good look.
If he is the only uk owner then should be able judge a lot from him personally & way he answers any questions you bring up. Would like all the jap paperwork too as that normally shows up any dodgy claims straight away.due to amount of info they record.
Nothing wrong with paying good money as long it truly a honest decent car, pretty easy see ones that had trim panels removed, bumpers etc on & off  & engines out if really look for marks/hints of mod work & know the cars well.
His low annual mileage is promising & if paperwork backs that up it a good thing.
Lack of good pics & details in ad is a bit surprising !
You can debate for hours though from advert/pics when you could spot a possible lemon in a few seconds by viewing .
Most promising one I seen listed for a while :-/ would be on my call list & if questions answered positively probably a viewing .

14What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 3:49 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Rear seats look phase 1 to me. The camera wouldn't make phase 2 look dark grey.
The price is high.
But find me another winter green gtir for sale...
You will find most if not all standard example gtirs will be demodified.
Whats a standard black gtir worth? £5k £6k?
Winter green is rare and more apealing so will command a higher price tag.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

15What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 4:08 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

Maybe alittle expensive but if i had room and money wasnt an issue i wouldnt mind it in my garage.

16What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 4:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Stu wrote:Rear seats look phase 1 to me. The camera wouldn't make phase 2 look dark grey.
The price is high.
But find me another winter green gtir for sale...
You will find most if not all standard example gtirs will be demodified.
Whats a standard black gtir worth? £5k £6k?
Winter green is rare and more apealing so will command a higher price tag.
You can catch a tiny bit of front seat in that rear seat shot & colour looks same !
headrests look phase 2 solid.
Lack of pics makes me suspicious, would like see what clock set it got.
Other thing that makes me suspicious is rear boot sits off to the o/s.
Another winter green I know of from the famous autoinfusion in bristol  had that fault on boot & was a reverted car with a lot of false claims & dubious history inc a engine rebuild by bob as it blew up on a test drive :-) do believe that car was older than this one though !
certainly needs be looked at properly & in real depth for the price .

17What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 4:27 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure the winter green only came in L registration. 1994?
Needs someone to have a good look around it to pick fault with it to give it a true enthusiast value.

18What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 4:54 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Stu wrote:Pretty sure the winter green only came in L registration. 1994?
Needs someone to have a good look around it to pick fault with it  to give it a true enthusiast value.
I've worked on 93 K winter green.
pretty sure late 1992 was possible for winter green as they made more than most sources suggest
Ones I've seen all been 93 on & with nissan badge not the P badge so unsure if original could of been produced with a P badge .so that could of been changed by owner as personal preference.

19What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 5:13 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

They only produced them in phase 2 so wouldn't of thought the p badge would be on any from factory.
I know someone looked through the production numbers and said it was closer to 200 made and not the 20 that was first thought.

20What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 5:29 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

200 sounds realistic but if done in different small runs in 92/93> possible more than that ...
I would assume too that all phase 2 so late 92 would be possible.
Would love to give it a good looking over :-P
Quite few people like the P badge so I can understand that being changed.

21What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 5:35 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Where is it at ?

22What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 5:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It doesnt state johnny .... its obviously top secret being such a rare car Laughing

23What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 6:04 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

Theres ppl on this forum that can build these cars from scratch and build them into powerful cars and practically know everything about them, but when it comes to numbers built and how many in there colours were built its all guess work. Why is this??

24What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 6:45 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Gti-r dannyboy wrote:Theres ppl on this forum that can build these cars from scratch and build them into powerful cars and practically know everything about them, but when it comes to numbers built and how many in there colours were built its all guess work. Why is this??
Because there isn't anywhere where it's documented apart from nissan fast.
Around 15000 were built so you would have to search through 15000 vin numbers to see what each car colour and spec was.
That in itself would be a task and a half.
Pretty sure caleb or someone else off gtiroz has done a lot of this research.
Thats why the 20 myth was thrown out. And the more like 200 was introduced.
Theres a few discrepancies tho because the cars were made in two different factories in japan.

25What are people's thoughts?  Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 7:17 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

There it is again, more like 200 its guess work again. Thats new to me didnt know it was two different factories that made them thats one reason that its abit hazy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum