Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peoples thoughts on these

+3
astarozna
ROB_IOW
Ricks1983
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Peoples thoughts on these Empty Peoples thoughts on these 8th November 2017, 6:02 pm

Ricks1983

Ricks1983

was just wondering what people’s thoughts on these and do you think it would be worth it at a fraction of the price of a full on sequential gearbox? Btw they cost $2400 us dollars too
https://youtu.be/DG12jmFsI7M

2Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 8th November 2017, 6:13 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

You'd still need to press the clutch so kinda pointless

3Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 8th November 2017, 6:17 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Looks nice, but Ikeya is cheaper.

4Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 8th November 2017, 7:06 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Hard on the H pattern shift parts and syncros .
Proper decent short shift and linkage bush improvements all really want on a R box.
I used the ikea on a evo box and while it quite good and clever engineering it not a proper sequential and not massively beneficial for hassle they can cause ...

5Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 8th November 2017, 7:24 pm

astarozna

astarozna

If you have a dogbox then it makes more sense but with the syncromesh .....i dunno.

6Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 8th November 2017, 8:50 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

They won’t fit are boxes though will they?

7Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 8th November 2017, 8:57 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

someone was messing around with one a while back ...

8Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 9th November 2017, 7:02 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Ricks1983 wrote:was just wondering what people’s thoughts on these and do you think it would be worth it at a fraction of the price of a full on sequential gearbox? Btw they cost $2400 us dollars too

What is that? I can't view youtube links over here

9Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 9th November 2017, 10:28 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Ryaneg6freak wrote:
Ricks1983 wrote:was just wondering what people’s thoughts on these and do you think it would be worth it at a fraction of the price of a full on sequential gearbox? Btw they cost $2400 us dollars too

It turns a H shift pattern into a sequential

10Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 9th November 2017, 11:31 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

PartyPete wrote:
Ryaneg6freak wrote:

It turns a H shift pattern into a sequential

Uh, that's not a real sequential....ghey.......hahahahaha

11Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 9th November 2017, 7:12 pm

Ricks1983

Ricks1983

Pretty much shit and a waste of money then lol

12Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 9th November 2017, 9:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Ricks1983 wrote:Pretty much shit and a waste of money then lol
If you had a dog box it would be good, I very nearly went for dog engagement, glad I didn't, would have just been something else about the car that pisses me off Razz

13Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 10th November 2017, 8:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Do they make these specific to the R? Completely different shift linkages.

14Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 10th November 2017, 9:56 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Woody, there is a company in Australia making one specifically for the gtir! I messaged them a while
Ago and they said they were basically still developing it, heard nothing since. They put a video up of it in a pulsar and using it to change gear on a rolling road, looked cool

15Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 11th November 2017, 7:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Now that you mention it I think I remember seeing that, might have been posted on here.

16Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 11th November 2017, 11:47 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ yeh it was on here woody, i think i remember it .
incar racing in oz
was for a custom built dog box i think .
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tXNFXYDsn-5LsiejCDTi8iKlJykFAENU

17Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 12th November 2017, 9:03 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Had you saved that in your trove of gtir stuff b?

18Peoples thoughts on these Empty Re: Peoples thoughts on these 12th November 2017, 12:11 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No, that slipped through the net, I remembered the name and grabbed vid for my googledrive stove of R odds and ends just for this thread .
Not best of vids but anyone seen the ikeya units gets the idea . Good see the R still getting development and some good solid power examples about with gearboxes worked on too .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum