Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please)

+30
stevepudney
hreggtir
clarebear
warpspeed
Bones
richpulsar
mikewazowski
saddler
toaster55
Jammin
Hardy172cup
nomad
mightydquinn
GTIR James
Girl racer
johnny gtir
buckym120
pulsarmoley
Digitalfaze
ROB_IOW
Pulsar Paul
Stu
Gaz GTiR
BEBB GTIR
johnboy
Andy Sunny Gti
Concrete-GTIR
Welling_AL
Gl3nnGTIR
GTI-R US
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

2015 anniversary, where???

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 71% [ 20 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

nomad wrote:There could also be a boxing ring set up for those long time forum fueds ... sort the men out from the keyboard warriors  Razz

F**k that... ill just bring a baseball bat  Laughing 

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Sounds like a great idea bob, hopefully it will be a good turnout on the day and it will be a great anniversary event for the old gal Very Happy. I like the sound of Blyton park if you can get a good discount and it's fairly close to me Smile

Jammin

Jammin

Great idea Bob! Depending on where, and when, you can count me in.
Not interested in POD though, straight lines are boring, and i have no intention of launching the car. But a track or airfield........... OOOH YEAH, now thats my cup of tea.

Cheers

Ben

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ok ive made a poll up for this to see where the majority would prefer but my guess is that blyton park would be by far the best venue due to reasons ive already stated

but you decide guys it will be your day so we will go with the majority vote on this.

if you want something totally different to the above then please post your idea up

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

castle coombe also? id rather a track than a drag strip im not up for launching

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I not bothered either way ps i dont go round launching my car but you all seem very scared to launch these cars done properly is no problem and track puts alot onto engine brakes tyres all just as likley to brake

toaster55

toaster55

Castle coombe for me, as its nice and close  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

How about contacting lord march and see if we can get a special stand at the goodwood festival of speed  Cool 

saddler

saddler

location is a major factor if your looking for a good turn out so a central location is a must in my opinion
my vote would be something totally different like one of these big Rally day shows.. doubt that they have even seen a Gtir.. anyway all the best..

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

great ideas guys! Very Happy hopefully my R will be on the road and fully done by 2015 Smile

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I voted Blyton park for the reasons bob mentioned and its not far from me Smile
It's early days yet though and someone might come up with a better idea as to were and what we should do.
I agree the central location is a must so everybody has a chance to come (and me living in the midland meens a central location will be spot on Wink lol) I think Blyton park is a good contender and its also a fairly central location

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep sorry guys but central type location is only fair which is why I suggested blyton park

would be nice if we could all have it on our doorstep but ive got 3 or so hours travelling to blyton so you boogers can all travel aswell  Laughing 

that's looking like the runaway leader at the moment anyways

johnboy

johnboy

This one's only a couple of miles from me..  Smile 
http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/woodbridge.htm

But agree, got to be central and Blyton looks as good as any.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

475 views and less than 20 votes

something just don't add up there lol : /

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

People will be looking in on the post to see what te replies are Bob, so the views are what I would expect Smile
I have looked in on this thread about 5 times lol

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Blyton aint really thaty central for people in cornwall etc .. i'd say around birmingham is more central for uk ..
Fook all the scots

richpulsar

richpulsar

add me to blyton

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I though it was going to be more south than north!
It's 121 miles from me so god knows how far away it is for the guys down south?
Think you might find it's to far out?!?!
Silverstone was the last place and everyone that turned up ( over 60 ) were happy with that?!?
I think we need to get an idea of where everyone will be coming from and the majority. Determines where the location is.
Silverstone is a great place and there's track time available! Great track too.
Trax is a better show these days so it would be a viable option?
Donington is a great track aswel and japfest 2 is held there and a great show with track time.
So we could probs do a joint venture with them?
There's proberbly more jap events with a good following that have track time that we could use.
Which will give the Gtir a good audience apart from ourselves!

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well were ever it is I don't mind travelling seeing as its a special event, I think anywhere will do as long as its not located right out of the way.
I like your idea stu of trying to do some kind of joint venture so we can get more of an audience for the mass gathering of GTIR's lol

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

trouble with going to shows like trax there alot of boy racers, at least at a track day (whichever track) you can have fun and its for the more serious petrolheads imo!!

silvestone would be good and i missed it at the 20th ann but we need to try different places each time, I like the idea of goodwood, cos theres the main track and the hillclimb event Smile and alot of prototype cars

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I've read you can hire the top gear test track...
But that's south so a no go really

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

That's a point about all the boy races at trax events, I don't want to drive my car too hard but I know if there's a load of boy racers buzzing around I know I'll get roped into racing them every 2 minits lol

Top gear test track would be good fun especially if you could get top gear to agree to put even a small clip of us in the show (I doubt it lol)
And I wouldn't mind the traveling but I'm guessing top gear track will be expensive

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

why not make the le mans trip an anniversary trip aswell as a domestic one?

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

The lemans trip is too far and expensive for me Sad other wise would be a brilliant idea. I don't mind travelling as long as its within the uk, preferably in england lol

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think the Leman trip woul limit the turnout to those that can afford it and who have the time to do it and those who are willing to travel, all the rest wouldn't turn up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum