Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please)

+30
stevepudney
hreggtir
clarebear
warpspeed
Bones
richpulsar
mikewazowski
saddler
toaster55
Jammin
Hardy172cup
nomad
mightydquinn
GTIR James
Girl racer
johnny gtir
buckym120
pulsarmoley
Digitalfaze
ROB_IOW
Pulsar Paul
Stu
Gaz GTiR
BEBB GTIR
johnboy
Andy Sunny Gti
Concrete-GTIR
Welling_AL
Gl3nnGTIR
GTI-R US
34 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

2015 anniversary, where???

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) Vote_lcap71%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) Vote_rcap 71% [ 20 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

was thinking the other day about what people would like us to do for the 25 year gtir anniversary?

the 20 year one was organised by stu and jon saddler and as you know was a huge success so was thinking of something along those lines maybe or we could hold it at a track somewhere or maybe an airfield (blyton park) would do the club a good deal and is centrally located in the uk plus they will allow camping for those wishing to camp out over the weekend so that has to be a strong contender.

think whatever we sort out for this date will be a huge success, il also contact the guys who run the other 2 forums so its one big event as its about the cars and not who we like and who we don't on any of the forums lol

whats your thoughts lads n lasses?

Last edited by GTI-R US on 23rd January 2014, 3:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Sounds good bob

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

The 20 year bash was a good gig - so defo think something similar for 25 years !

Airfield sounds good - something a bit different too, considering we went Silverstone for the 20 year thing.

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

sounds a brilliant idea with the airfield and camping

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Santa Pod seems to be the best location, they have night camping, or even if they have hotels and bars around the area then its a no brainer.
Go on one of the quiter rwyb days in the Spring/ Summer. Weekend jobbie.

johnboy

johnboy

Like the idea.

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

maybe contact jap performance or similar mags and see if we can get a couple of pages in them about the birthday bash Smile

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Deffo sounds good, I just came into the pulsar world just after the 20th annerversary so I just missed it Sad

Blyton would be a good spot as you say Bob with camping etc as its out of the way so can all hve a drink & bbq

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep was gonna contact a few mags with regard to a write up etc but a fair bit off yet so no particular rush with that.

not gonna do the pod tbh for a few reasons
1) its expensive there with everything from camping to food and drinks
2) not everyones cuppa with dragging their car
3) they will give you nothing in the way of a club discount

with blyton park which is a newly laid track and only been open a year or so I know I can get a great discount on bookings and probably free camping too as ive been to a r5gtoc club meet there before and was talking to the guy who runs the club who told me about the big club discount they got.
its also a forgiving track with regard to runoffs etc and we as a club would book the entire track so will only be us on there so no other numpty drivers to worry about.
we can get a club marque, dj and have a big club barbeque as well so then theres something for everyone
plus we will use a big lump of the club funds to sponsor the event which will keep costs down to a minimum for gtir motorsport club members

hows that sound in a nutshell lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sounds like a palan stan Smile Blyton is the perfect place for this imo, because of the reasons you have stated above, But the track isn't to hard on the car either & also in a nice open space

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

GTI-R US wrote:yep was gonna contact a few mags with regard to a write up etc but a fair bit off yet so no particular rush with that.

not gonna do the pod tbh for a few reasons
1) its expensive there with everything from camping to food and drinks
2) not everyones cuppa with dragging their car
3) they will give you nothing in the way of a club discount

with blyton park which is a newly laid track and only been open a year or so I know I can get a great discount on bookings and probably free camping too as ive been to a r5gtoc club meet there before and was talking to the guy who runs the club who told me about the big club discount they got.
its also a forgiving track with regard to runoffs etc and we as a club would book the entire track so will only be us on there so no other numpty drivers to worry about.
we can get a club marque, dj and have a big club barbeque as well so then theres something for everyone
plus we will use a big lump of the club funds to sponsor the event which will keep costs down to a minimum for gtir motorsport club members

hows that sound in a nutshell lol

yes  Cool Cool 

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Sounds good Bob.

I don't mind helping to Marshall on the morning to get people in and parked up...
Be good to get to a big Gtir event again! That's what the scene is missing!
Need to get it out there tho so people can get their car on the road.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

As above il happily help stu as I no longer own a Datsun Sad

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep I have no problem helping marshell people in the grounds Smile

Ill also put this up on the facebook page once its all sorted & booked... As I think there are a lot of owners on there that don't realy use the forum much

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

How many GTIR's are still on the road in the uk?

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

sounds good atleast when something breaks theres someone there to save the day  Cool 

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Some good ideas, would be great to make it to the 25th anniversary as I didn't make the 20th.

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Just wondering what kind of turnout could be expected... How many purple attended the 20 th meet

buckym120

buckym120

There was a great turn out for the anniversary meet, not sure on number but was a great day abd the parade laps around Silverstone were great fun.

I've got a huge marquee which can be used

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

More than you think i know that its been covered lots. Sounds good to me stu has previous for marshaling pointed me in right direction on phone then once arrived so he gets my vote. Paul should do it as for the reason he mentioned as punishment for not owning one shame on you both really ha ha and gaz great idea keep a eye on them make sure there not sending people to essex for a tan or a scooby meet down the road  Laughing

Girl racer

Girl racer

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:Santa Pod seems to be the best location, they have night camping, or even if they have hotels and bars around the area then its a no brainer.
Go on one of the quiter rwyb days in the Spring/ Summer. Weekend jobbie.

I agree with this Cool  I like the idea of going to Santa Pod!!  bounce Smile

GTIR James

Blyton park sounds spot on with me. Seems & pretty good place & if you can get a good discount id say most people would be keen.The 20th anniversary was a amazing turn out but I thought the actual show was pretty lame.

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Santa pod sounds good

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

This would actually make a nice change! As Blyton is the closest track for me! It's only 40 minutes away! A lot easier than a mission to get down your end! The venue is much smaller than the likes of silverstone but if it's just us, then it's plenty big enough! I really enjoyed the 20th, so this should be good too! Definitely liking the sound of actually been able to use the track as a racetrack too, instead of a parade lap!'

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There could also be a boxing ring set up for those long time forum fueds ... sort the men out from the keyboard warriors  Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum