Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please)

+30
stevepudney
hreggtir
clarebear
warpspeed
Bones
richpulsar
mikewazowski
saddler
toaster55
Jammin
Hardy172cup
nomad
mightydquinn
GTIR James
Girl racer
johnny gtir
buckym120
pulsarmoley
Digitalfaze
ROB_IOW
Pulsar Paul
Stu
Gaz GTiR
BEBB GTIR
johnboy
Andy Sunny Gti
Concrete-GTIR
Welling_AL
Gl3nnGTIR
GTI-R US
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

2015 anniversary, where???

2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 3 Vote_lcap71%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 71% [ 20 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%2015 gtir 25 year anniversary (your thoughts please) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Stu wrote:I though it was going to be more south than north!
It's 121 miles from me so god knows how far away it is for the guys down south?
Think you might find it's to far out?!?!
Silverstone was the last place and everyone that turned up ( over 60 ) were happy with that?!?
I think we need to get an idea of where everyone will be coming from and the majority. Determines where the location is.
Silverstone is a great place and there's track time available! Great track too.
Trax is a better show these days so it would be a viable option?
Donington is a great track aswel and japfest 2 is held there and a great show with track time.
So we could probs do a joint venture with them?
There's proberbly more jap events with a good following that have track time that we could use.
Which will give the Gtir a good audience apart from ourselves!

thing is stu nearly everyones gonna have to travel from somewhere, its around 170 miles from me but I don't mind for an event over 2 days that only happens say once every 5 years, you cant please everyone so people have to give and take a little.

no doubt it could be organised at an event such as trax etc but were not gonna get the facilities and club discount we would get at somewhere like blyton park, plus theres a lot of nobs on the track which will put a lot of people off of using their cars if they think there likely to get hit by a 17 year old in a saxo who aint got a clue what hes doing lol.

I did the poll to get the general thoughts of what people wanted and your best off going with the majority vote to get the numbers..........no not everyones gonna be happy and everyone would like it somewhere close to home but it just cant work like that in reality.

maybe its best to chuck a few more options up in the poll and see what happens then but will take someone else to organise the event as I wont have time trying to organise it with an already existing event as trax etc as much more time is needed to organise it.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

I kinda agree with lots of different points here:
- The blyton park proposal seems like a really good call for something different.
- Silverstone was good - but it kinda feels like a been there done that....
- Pod is always good fun but only worth it on a simple RWYB day as the main events are so busy and full of jokers normally
- A different track day holds appeal for us to show off the mighty R to the general public
- A more Owners Only affair would be good for the forums/ owners in a different way

I'm not fussed about voting as TBH ill make the effort to go wherevere in the country.
Blyton Park - is around 4 hours from Kent - do'able at a sensible pace - as i dont want to re-mortgage for fuel - but anywhere in the UK is good.

I guess we have plenty of time to scope events at venues with tracks otherwise Blyton Park it is.

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

theres also oulton park which is pretty central aswell

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Digitalfaze wrote:theres also oulton park which is pretty central aswell

problem with the large circuits owned by msv ( palmer motorsport) is they are expensive and you will not get any real discount on them as a club booking
so if people do not mind paying £220-275 and that's without camping or anything then that's fine with me, these circuits are expensive to organise stuff like this

but I know a lot of you wont want to pay out big money so gone for what could and will be a much cheaper alternative where you can camp, set up a marque etc without any aggro with the people who own the place as it will be a prior agreement with trackday included just for us

otherwise as stu says we could organise it at a ready made event somewhere with just a stand similar to last time but theres a fair bit involved in the organising of this

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i think it need to be seperate from any other event like trax, ok i didnt know that about oulton so just dismiss that idea Smile

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I'm sure Topgear test track can be had for about £1000 per day..
20 cars is only £50 each per day

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

GTI_R_IOW wrote:I'm sure Topgear test track can be had for about  £1000 per day..  
20 cars is only £50 each per day

can someone maybe look into this cos if your right then the topgear test track would be a great day out  Cool 

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Right ive emailed them and enquired about the top gear track .... i will post up here my response ...obviously nothings set in stone  but if we know the prices it could be an option .... long way to travel for the northerners though ?

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It is a long way from us up north but I realy don't mind travelling seeing as its a special event that dosent happen very often although I'm not as far north as some being in the midlands lol
I think the top gear track would be cool because we all know how quick a lot of cars can get round that track so would be good to compare our times with cars off the top gear board (although those times are set by the stig lol)

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Would be cool.. But it would only be one car at a time because it's a figure of eight track...

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Timed lap then  Wink

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I don't know lol timed lap sounds abit dangerous to me, if i know the clocks ticking I will want to be putting in a good time and i will start pushing myself and that's when things break (or my talent runs out) Laughing

Would be good fun though Very Happy

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

where is the topgear track?

would be good if we could get that at a fair price and put in some timed laps to see how we compare to some of the celeb drivers and so forth
plus no doubt we could get some kind of mag feature going

yes fair way to travel if its somewhere down south but how many times in your life are you gonna get the chance to do something like that, and we can still make it an overnight event with all the shananigans that go with it lol

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

i thought it was dunsfold? or somewhere near bedfordshire???

toaster55

toaster55

Its in surrey bob, dunsfold aerodrome.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its near cranliegh  not far from horsham ..i know ive drove on it  Cool  ... still waiting on a reply from them ...

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Some say he owns a Nissan pulsar gtir....

All we know is he's called the stig Laughing

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol i wish .... will give them till tomorrow then if no reply il chase it up ...

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think if it can be done for a reasonable price etc Top Gear track sounds like a strong contender and would get my vote out of everywhere mentioned so far

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

even if not for this event lets see for the future

Am easy just say when,

I can help out where needed??

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

any news on the topgear track yet Leighton?

if not it seems that blyton park is clear winner in the poll

Just hold your jets bob if not had my vote yet lol

Topgear track would be a good shout.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not as yet il chase it up again doesnt seem good though tbh as have not heard a thing back  but il keep trying  do we know a sort of date for this ?

One month next year take a pick there is 12 of them I would go for one in summer xx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum