Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts on these

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thoughts on these Empty Thoughts on these 18th February 2015, 9:02 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=391026544182

What do people think to these? Any advantages apart from aesthetics? Or any disadvantages?

2Thoughts on these Empty Re: Thoughts on these 18th February 2015, 9:27 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Wow ive never seen this before. IMO the gtir plenum is pretty good and obviously known to support a lot of power. This would be a waste of money apart from looking good. My car is using a single throttle and it was easy enough and cheaper to mod the standard plenum.

Does look nice though, Its a shame those vacuum ports are on the top side and not tucked out of sight.

3Thoughts on these Empty Re: Thoughts on these 18th February 2015, 9:33 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

What's the advantages of running a single throttle body? What made you do it woody?

4Thoughts on these Empty Re: Thoughts on these 18th February 2015, 9:35 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Is it me or is this upside down. Meaning the inlet will be on the wrong side?
Pretty sure the 5 bolt holes are under the plenum and not on the top side like this one?
Its been a while since i have messed with one so may be wrong.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

5Thoughts on these Empty Re: Thoughts on these 18th February 2015, 9:43 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Ignore me. I was thinking the centre bolt that you undo or tighten with a ratchet spanner. Was a centre bolt. Ie 2 bolts either side of it.
Its not lol
Dumb cunt Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

6Thoughts on these Empty Re: Thoughts on these 18th February 2015, 9:44 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I think it's the right way round, but the pipes connect on top instead of underneath which seems odd, and would actually look pretty untidy I guess? Stracher make them, they look fantastic but they are about £1300.....

7Thoughts on these Empty Re: Thoughts on these 18th February 2015, 10:23 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

In hindsight if I was making the decision again today I'd probably leave the quads. I originally changed because I wanted to simplify the setup and was having trouble with my old quads. As Im also using an aftermarket ecu, I also changed because tuning was easier and I thought the advantage of quads was less on turbo motors, however both are open to debate.

8Thoughts on these Empty Re: Thoughts on these 19th February 2015, 11:00 pm

shroom

shroom

I noticed these on eBay as you said its odd having those vac ports on the top look naff. Would be better getting a second hand unit and polish it up yourself for looks but as said I wouldnt worry too much as it wont gain you anything.

Would be better spending the money else were.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum