Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald)

+21
Gaz GTiR
Whytie
Mad4it
mreguest
r called jay
hreggtir
buckym120
mightydquinn
Pulsar Paul
bensmith907
chopper
johnboy
the vamp
johnny gtir
nomad
Kate&tim
richpulsar
GTIR James
pesh
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

1512013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 12:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes as usual a great day out and only one broken pulsar which aint bad considering it was a hot day.
thanks to all those that participated and came along to watch especially to those that made long journeys as there were a few of you this year.

not sure on the times on the top circuit but evidentally ben was the quickest in the white gtir

fastest straight run in the morning with left hand bend went to myself

ben won the trophy on the short sprint circuit
heres the top 6 times out of 32 participants

1. ben 50.2
2. me with 52.2
3. equal were dan fennel and madman rich with 52.3
4. whyte 53.2
5. pulsar paul 53.5
6 tim (skoda) with a surprising 53.7

hats off and mucho respect to tim well done as he drove the ass off that skoda estate and humbled many pulsars

there may not be a sprintday next year but ive something in mind that I think a lot of you will love but keeping it zipped on that for the moment

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

1522013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 12:57 pm

r called jay

Cheers for another top day Bob and it's really nice to bring together a group of good cars and great owners.

Had loads of fun as ever and just amazed how our little cars survived so well, especially as those sprint circuits are super hard on everything on the cars.

Both Danny's cars are amazing and the time and effort shows. Was amazed to see Danny Fennel's car lifting the inside rear wheels on the short circuit Shocked

The trophy's got pride of place on the mantle piece in the front room Very Happy but not sure how long it will be until the misses clocks on Evil or Very Mad

Can't wait to see what you have lined up for next year.

Thanks again, Ben.

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

Your not buying your own track are you bob;)

glad I changed from standard brakes for this otherwise my car felt realy under powered to some of the cars there! Lol

and thanks to Danny (gearbox man) for showing me how to correctly do things on a car

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Pulsar Paul wrote:thanks to Danny (gearbox man) for showing me how to correctly do things on a car

How to drive it? lol!

Really wished I had got my front brake kit fitted Rolling Eyes still wouldn't have kept up with the rest of you though Crying or Very sad

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 8th June 2013, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

Lol

Mad4it

Mad4it

Big thanks to bob for organising the event. Had a great day and nice to meet everyone. The sprint circuit was great fun and very addictive.

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers

Dan

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Me and my dad both had an awesome day. So thanks for organising it Bob! It was good to catch up with everyone again too. Would have loved to have been in the pulsar to compete for the quick times, but had fun in both the 500's and a big thanks to Danny for letting me loose in his animal! Some good trust with a car with a lot of power, it was awesome too! cheers pal and thanks all for a good day! Wink

johnboy

johnboy

Great day and good to put some faces to names - although it still doesn't help a lot to know who's who on the forum. Very Happy
Thanks Bob, and look forward to the next one.

aardvark101

Hi all, many thanks to Bob for letting an old Sod with an even older car come out to play,it was a great first time out to see what the car was capable of (and me Smile ) if anyone has any video of my runs i would be grateful if you would send me a link or get in touch.
cheers Paul (the mellow yellow anglia man) Very Happy

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

your welcome paul Cool
although this is primarily a gtir forum all are welcome, especially nutters carrying a naked bird in the back Laughing

do think you should take a tip from scott though and drop a turbod sr20det in the Anglia, itll be super duper quick, and give the honey in the back seat something to squeal about Laughing

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

mightydquinn wrote:Me and my dad both had an awesome day. So thanks for organising it Bob! It was good to catch up with everyone again too. Would have loved to have been in the pulsar to compete for the quick times, but had fun in both the 500's and a big thanks to Danny for letting me loose in his animal! Some good trust with a car with a lot of power, it was awesome too! cheers pal and thanks all for a good day! Wink

No prob Chris, I knew where a good driver (i.e better than me who was quikest till then...lol) and you did a superb time in the car considering the tyres were fucked (61.2sec) and others had to fit new tyres to beat your time!

By the way the map the car was running when you drove it was still 500bhp I only turned the torque down a smidge as it made the car loose traction easily.

Pulsar Paul wrote:Your not buying your own track are you bob;)

glad I changed from standard brakes for this otherwise my car felt realy under powered to some of the cars there! Lol

and thanks to Danny (gearbox man) for showing me how to correctly do things on a car

Just glad your spindle didn't break Paul, make sure you fit those bits and tighten the driveshaft nut back up to fuck tight!

pulsarmoley wrote:
Pulsar Paul wrote:thanks to Danny (gearbox man) for showing me how to correctly do things on a car

How to drive it? lol!

Really wished I had got my front brake kit fitted Rolling Eyes still wouldn't have kept up with the rest of you though Crying or Very sad

I'll take you out next time if you want lessons on how to control slides under power on plastic tyres at 50psi!

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

Cheers Danny
Picked up the nut covers earlier from Nissan and you'll be happy to know I have torqued them up to red face/nearly pushing a poo out tight after yesterday lol

Cheers for the loan of the jack again:)

Kate&tim

Kate&tim

Yeah huge thanks to Bob for organizing the day , was a great day . Also thanks to Clare for the sun tan lotion still burnt my nose lol

Well impressed with the little skoda ,and returned over 45 mpg on the way home Laughing

By far still the best track day I've done , cheap , loads of track time , a bit of rivalry and everyone's really friendly .

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like a good day was had by all Very Happy

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Dan the Gearboxman wrote:
pulsarmoley wrote:

How to drive it? lol!

I'll take you out next time if you want lessons on how to control slides under power on plastic tyres at 50psi!

Ill take you up on that Very Happy Oh and my mates brother wants a passenger ride as well Rolling Eyes

r called jay

Dan the Gearboxman wrote:
mightydquinn wrote:Me and my dad both had an awesome day. So thanks for organising it Bob! It was good to catch up with everyone again too. Would have loved to have been in the pulsar to compete for the quick times, but had fun in both the 500's and a big thanks to Danny for letting me loose in his animal! Some good trust with a car with a lot of power, it was awesome too! cheers pal and thanks all for a good day! Wink

No prob Chris, I knew where a good driver (i.e better than me who was quikest till then...lol) and you did a superb time in the car considering the tyres were fucked (61.2sec) and others had to fit new tyres to beat your time!

By the way the map the car was running when you drove it was still 500bhp I only turned the torque down a smidge as it made the car loose traction easily.

Mee ooww.

Was good fun having yours chris's times to chase and learnt a lot as to what works and where time can be made.

1692013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 10:00 pm

Meeoww no, if I was like that Chris wouldn't have been driving my car as I know he is very quick.

At the end of the day you couldn't beat me by 1/10th with equally shagged tyres and Chris did by 9/10ths of a second, so you changed to fresh sticky tyres to win...fair play for having the tyres ,but equally childish for not playing to the spirit of the event.

1702013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 10:05 pm

Kate&tim wrote:Yeah huge thanks to Bob for organizing the day , was a great day . Also thanks to Clare for the sun tan lotion still burnt my nose lol

Well impressed with the little skoda ,and returned over 45 mpg on the way home Laughing

By far still the best track day I've done , cheap , loads of track time , a bit of rivalry and everyone's really friendly .

This gets my vote for the most impressive q car, and it's only a baby 1.4 litre...you pissed on some much more powerfull and definitely lighter cars tim!

1712013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 10:15 pm

r called jay

Really Dan.

I brought tyres to use like you brought a your amazing 500+ bhp car, which is prob 150 bhp more than I was running.

1722013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 10:18 pm

r called jay

And i just pipped you by a tenth on the run before chris jumped in and set that astonishing time on his first run out.

1732013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 10:19 pm

r called jay wrote:Really Dan.

I brought tyres to use like you brought a your amazing 500+ bhp car, which is prob 150 bhp more than I was running.

Sleep well.

1742013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 10:21 pm

r called jay wrote:And i just pipped you by a tenth on the run before chris jumped in and set that astonishing time on his first run out.

We know the truth, same as others do too now with the time you set on the small circuit with new tyres too.....

1752013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2013 gti-r us sprint day (north weald) 8th June 2013, 10:39 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah that skoda was a great little car, always good to see a few other cars among our pulsars Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum