Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project

+16
nomad
shroom
PartyPete
GTI-R US
ducie54
johnboy
Mr B
gtir_woody
burrows1980
Cosmic73
Bandyleg
GTIR James
wrc
pulsarmoley
splmum
buckym120
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 20]

176Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th December 2015, 1:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How much mate .... is that fr+rr ????

177Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th December 2015, 4:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nice find pleased for you

178Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th December 2015, 4:19 pm

wrc

wrc

The full back end I polybushed with nolathane for just over £100

179Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th December 2015, 4:45 pm

shroom

shroom

Thats an awsome find, strange one at that as the car hasnt really got that great a spec? What turbo was on it? You could sell it and have a free GTiR!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

180Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 18th December 2015, 8:52 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Stock turbo i think, it was refurbished by Midlandturbo last month and still in its wrappers,
Heres a pic after i removed it
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpsytos7ytj

181Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 19th December 2015, 1:10 pm

shroom

shroom

Cool, seems odd that it had a quaife gearset but I guess you can never tell what people have done! Maybe their one blew up and they didnt want to put a stock box in place so shelled out 2k or more for a quaife! Well its a fantastic find for you anyway.

182Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 21st December 2015, 3:20 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Wish I had a surprise quaife set......God knows I need it Crying or Very sad

183Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 21st December 2015, 3:46 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Maybe Santa will pull one out of his big sack for you this Christmas Shocked

184Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 21st December 2015, 10:04 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'd do anything Santa wanted if he dropped me a straight cut gear set off this Xmas......anything whip

185Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 1:28 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Happy New Year to you all,
I hope Santa brought you all the toys you wanted, santa

I didnt take much notice of this dent in my oil sump before, but from what ive heard theres very little clearance between it and the pick up so my engine must have really struggled to oil the bearings. Ill defintly be carrying out Bobs mod to the pick up!
Along with kink in the oil cooler hose its no surprise It wrecked the bearings  Shocked
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpsskvmnnbd

186Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 1:34 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Thought id use the Christmas holiday to clean up all my rusty engine brackets and mounts,
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpsjpjnovsa

187Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 1:55 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Every mount and bracket you clean up makes the difference when it's all back together Smile

188Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 2:06 pm

wrc

wrc

3mm (yes you read that right, 3mm) between pick up and sump pan floor. Not much at all.

I would say that is probably the sole reason for your engine issues Wink

189Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 3:53 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

i heard it was 3mm too, pale
Its good to know that this rebuild stands the best chance of lasting the distance thanks to all ive learnt on these forums.
Id be stuffed without this R club. cheers

190Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 7:08 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Crikey what were nissan thinking 3mm?? Think i will look into this area a bit more during my rebuild

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

191Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 10:48 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Im sure you're aware of this but for anyone else who's not, If you zoom in on the photo, the sump inlet has been snipped at the sides.
If the sump gets crushed it doesnt totally prevent oil flow, Very Happy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oil-pickup-modified-unit-Nissan-Pulsar-Gtir-sunny-gtir-sr20det-rnn14-GTI-R-/121835744298?hash=item1c5df9ec2a:g:Zf8AAOSwfZ1WZzju

192Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 30th December 2015, 11:03 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cosmic73 wrote:Im sure you're aware of this but for anyone else who's not, If you zoom in on the photo, the sump inlet has been snipped at the sides.
If the sump gets crushed it doesnt totally prevent oil flow, Very Happy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oil-pickup-modified-unit-Nissan-Pulsar-Gtir-sunny-gtir-sr20det-rnn14-GTI-R-/121835744298?hash=item1c5df9ec2a:g:Zf8AAOSwfZ1WZzju

Yeah i spoke to Bob about this so will be doing the mod myself Wink

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

193Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 31st December 2015, 8:14 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

If you hitting the sump you have to soft suspension or the car is to low or you have done something silly. If it's a road car or track car. But this looks a good mod

194Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 31st December 2015, 12:58 pm

shroom

shroom

Suppose it could be anthing like debris on the road specially this year with the wind and tree bits on the road and I have hit a exhaust the once which had fallen off a car but as I was behind a other vehicle I didnt see it until it was too late.

Cosmic whats going on you enjoying too many mince pies and beer to do any more work? Whats ocuring

195Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 31st December 2015, 4:16 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

shroom wrote:Suppose it could be anthing like debris on the road specially this year with the wind and tree bits on the road and I have hit a exhaust the once which had fallen off a car but as I was behind a other vehicle I didnt see it until it was too late.

Cosmic whats going on you enjoying too many mince pies and beer to do any more work? Whats ocuring

Just thought i'd give you chaps a break from my ramblings, but since you ask... Very Happy

Ive been waiting for my new JE pistons and other rebuild parts to arrive from Erics and also the gearbox bearings/seals to arrive from Nissan Sleep
So ive mainly spent the last week cleaning up engine brackets etc.

The good news is ive had an invoice from customs, paid, and the pistons should be delivered on Monday cheers

What about yourself? Been busy on your R? Question

196Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 31st December 2015, 5:38 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

another worthwhile mod is a stainless or thick alloy sump guard which easy made/fit & even easier if have front bumper guard & the lower brace .
You can also buy pre made sump guard plates for sr20s .

197Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd January 2016, 5:29 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Reached a major milestone this morning,
After months of dirty stripping and cleaning (the R not me) Laughing
I rust treated and painted for the final time.
From tomorrow i offially start reassembling all my nice new, sqeaky clean parts, cheers
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpstkbmvd3s

198Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd January 2016, 6:59 pm

shroom

shroom

The fun begins! Great to hear your onto the fun part of getting it all back together seems tidy underside wise did you need to do much?

199Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd January 2016, 7:52 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Nah, just wire brush, degrease, Kurust rust converter, then a final lick of Rustbuster 121 paint.
Ive only done around the engine bay area and engine brackets while its accessible.
The entire underbody still needs sorting out, but ill get that done professionally once the cars running.

200Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 23rd January 2016, 10:34 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I collected the block, head and crank from the engineers yesterday, bounce  bounce
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpsc5q5xlat

Block; tested and rebored to 86.5mm  Very Happy
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zps79bmnxh9

Head; tested and new guides fitted (port, polish and skim to follow)  Very Happy  Very Happy
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpsqanplfgi

New CP forged piston fitted to rods,  Cool
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpstaimo32n

Crank; mains polished, smalls reground to -0.25  Smile
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 8 Image_zpsknxzgyrd

Back on track chaps, just need to figure out how to remove that dastardly diff bearing, Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum