Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project

+16
nomad
shroom
PartyPete
GTI-R US
ducie54
johnboy
Mr B
gtir_woody
burrows1980
Cosmic73
Bandyleg
GTIR James
wrc
pulsarmoley
splmum
buckym120
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 20]

201Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 23rd January 2016, 12:26 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Ooooo clean engine parts Smile

202Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 23rd January 2016, 2:58 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

clamshell puller.

203Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 23rd January 2016, 4:20 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Looks just the job Mr B  Very Happy
Ive got no idea how it works but somehow it does, the reviews are excellent.
My only problem is the price or finding someone local who has one Sad Sad
I think my only option is to simply reuse the bearing, its in good nick so should be quite safe.

204Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 23rd January 2016, 9:48 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looking very fresh thumbsup

205Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th January 2016, 2:25 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If not intending reuse bearing & having problems due to tools available just remove outer cage & rollers then use a standard 2.3 leg puller on inner bearing lip, you may also try a bearing separator clamp .

206Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th January 2016, 5:10 pm

GTIR James

Shitting hell that block looks as good as scrap. The head face has some serious amount of detting around it. I'd not be using that. Do you have any better pics of the head face?

207Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th January 2016, 5:55 pm

shroom

shroom

GTIR James wrote:Shitting hell that block looks as good as scrap. The head face has some serious amount of detting around it. I'd not be using that. Do you have any better pics of the head face?

Looks like the reminance of the previous head gasket?

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

208Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th January 2016, 6:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I think he is talking more between liner and block

209Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th January 2016, 6:49 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

shroom wrote:
GTIR James wrote:Shitting hell that block looks as good as scrap. The head face has some serious amount of detting around it. I'd not be using that. Do you have any better pics of the head face?

Looks like the reminance of the previous head gasket?

Dont do that to me James, im shitting bricks as it is pale
Its coming off with a bit of scotchbrite, so luckily its just old gasket, Very Happy
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Image_zps79m3hao1

210Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th January 2016, 6:54 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Mr B wrote:If not intending reuse bearing & having problems due to tools available just remove outer cage & rollers then use a standard 2.3 leg puller on inner bearing lip, you may also try a bearing separator clamp .

Mr B, why didnt i think of that, of course just use pullers on the lip of the inner race. Shocked
Cheers mate,
Im starting to loose count how many times youve pulled me out the shit.
Nice one buddy.
you the man

211Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 26th January 2016, 9:01 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Stage1 of block rebuild complete Very Happy
Crank bolted down 100Nm and turning nice and smooth Very Happy
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Image_zpskqgqagne

212Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 26th January 2016, 9:06 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'm loving the updates on this Smile

213Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 26th January 2016, 9:09 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

gtir_woody wrote:I'm loving the updates on this Smile

Cheers mate, lots more to come Very Happy

214Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 27th January 2016, 10:13 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Another major milestone completed this evening,
Re-assembled my gearbox with its nice, new shiney bearings and seals Very Happy
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Image_zps2vsxjefq

215Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 27th January 2016, 10:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Look at those sexy gears Laughing

216Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 27th January 2016, 10:20 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Gorgeous aren't they,
I love you

217Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 27th January 2016, 10:57 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Very nice Smile

218Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 28th January 2016, 12:04 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Your cracking on with this ... im not jelous one bit Laughing ive been collard for decorating the whole house so wont be touching mine for a while longer now .. Rolling Eyes

219Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 31st January 2016, 11:37 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Just re-assembled the tranny ( with new seals) to the gearbox,
All set for the big refit after a well brew me thinks, drink drink
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Image_zps6zzrfote

220Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 31st January 2016, 12:22 pm

shroom

shroom

Get the tooth brush and clean that box up Laughing

Cracking on with it well good on you!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

221Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 5th February 2016, 8:50 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Engine block bolted back in, Very Happy
Had a bit of a mare when i realised i hadnt fitted the gearbox plate!
Removed the clutch and just managed to fit it without removing the flywheel, phew,
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Image_zpsclcewvr9

222Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 5th February 2016, 8:55 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looking good mate. Haha I have forgotten to put the gearbox plate on as well, very annoying lol

223Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 5th February 2016, 9:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looking good fella goodpost
Im quite suprised you have gone to all the effort with everything ... but didnt give it all a lick of paint stop

224Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 5th February 2016, 10:14 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I just havent the time really, plus i reckon it'll mostly be hidden away,
Plus I'm too keen to get it fired up, Twisted Evil

225Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 6th February 2016, 8:30 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Fuckity fuck, fucks! Mad
Inspected the ring gaps, check,
Fitted the rings correctly, check,
Orientated the rings correctly, check,
Carefully clamped the piston in the compressor, check,
Totally fucked the oil ring on no1 pison, check,
Ahhhhhhhh!
2, 3 and 4 popped in a dream.
Hopefully i can recycle one of my old rings,
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 9 Image_zpsmwjowdba