Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proud owner of a 4x4

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 4:33 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I finally have a 4x4 at last after calling half a dozen people, really pisses me off when they say good in and out and you get there and its a real sh*tter!
Anyways it a 94 generation 2 3.0TD Auto Hilux Surf with loads a goodies on it. Got a few electrical things like no interior lights but mechanically sound(fingers crossed). Will put some pics up shortly for those intereted...

2Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 4:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Congrats pete on your new purchase Wink the little niggles dont sound to bad tbh every car has them just depends on how fussy you are i guess .

3Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 6:23 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah, struggled to find one that hadnt already sold or done stupid mileage. Just took it for its maiden tow and all electrics that end are spot on and it tows rather smooth...when you find a pothole free road of course Rolling Eyes
Does need a bloody good valet in and out and a new front tyre but the others got plenty of meat on them. Also tested the 4wd out properly as had to take my car trailer back down my field and its still rather soft. Its bad as i already have been searching for aftermarket things for it but the R comes first Cool

4Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 6:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Tut cant leave anything standard lol .... have you seen the plug and play tuning boxes you can get for them Wink

5Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 6:39 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Why would you torment me like this??? Laughing No i havent, not really gonna do anything to it unless something goes wrong; just jinxed myself now No

6Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 6:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You dont do anything just plug it in and bam extra bhp for as little as 100quid pete my bro in law has one on hes tdi got it rolling roaded made an extra 18 bhp not bad i thought .

7Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 7:47 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I cant actually find anything decent for the surf(now you've done it Twisted Evil ) would only fit it if economy was improved as well. According to the surf oc they dont recommend it, not until you've done other mods first.

8Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 8:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Derv tuning is a big thing now so theres lots of goodies on the market to be had like dump valves etc . Re mapping improves fuel econemy or can be set up amd at lakeside are the tits at dervs .

9Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 9:14 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Not sure if mine can be tuned but ill probably leave alone and save the money, today has already cost me £2.5K

10Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 9:34 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

hope either a good rad flush will be done or purchase of a new tripple core rad ..
or are you going to buy an external oil coller for gearbox oil

11Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 2nd March 2013, 9:45 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Definately gonna flush the cooling system and use a flushing liquid and possibly looking at this radiator for a replacement:

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=164

12Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 3rd March 2013, 10:11 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Here she is:

Proud owner of a 4x4 IMAG0095_zps60d170c3

13Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 3rd March 2013, 10:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You never said it had go faster stripes on it Wink looks clean though pete .

14Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 3rd March 2013, 11:39 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Of course it has the stripes, everybody knows that adds 10hp Razz Apart from some laquer peel and a bit of paint fade on the bonnet; some hidden by them stripes, it is quite clean and cant find a spot of rust on the body. The towbar doesnt look that old and found the jack today while exploring. Really suprises me how much stuff this has on it, the simple things like the drivers seat has a fair few adjustable things on it and a full electric pack. Happy as tested the 10 disc changer and that works Very Happy

15Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 4th March 2013, 8:03 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

A star buy then pete did you have to travel far to get it ....stripes add 10 bhp maybe more depends on the width Wink

16Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 4th March 2013, 6:10 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Picked her up from a dealer in uxbridge which coincidentally is the same area i purchased the pulsar from. Got a puncture on it yesterday so i now require a new tyre as it cant be repaired so 2 in total as spare is fooked. Another coincidence is the exact same thing happened to me with the pulsar on 2nd day of ownership Suspect

17Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 4th March 2013, 7:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The tyre fairy must really hate you pete lol .... bit of a trek for a motor though thing i always think when traveling so far is the dissapointment if its a pooper and expense of getting there .

18Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 4th March 2013, 9:07 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah it seems that way Rolling Eyes Only had to travel 65 miles from my house. This was the fourth guy i called as the first 2 had sold and the third guy didnt put milage on the ad, turned out it had done over 200K miles Shocked I thought on an auto box, no thank you.

19Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 4th March 2013, 9:30 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That is alot of miles .... ive been helping a mate find a van vauxhall crew cab hes got 5k to spend wich gets like 2009/2010 plate ... but loads have like 120.000- 150.000 serious miles on a few year old van .

20Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 4th March 2013, 9:44 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Good luck with that then. Only took just over an hour to get there. A little less coming back Very Happy Doing 85 in the truck feels like 55 as its so quiet and the thing was still wanting to go faster!

21Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 20th March 2013, 10:12 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Just an update, i knew the pulsar wasnt known for its economy but this wins, tanked up tonight and i have achieved 23.3mpg Very Happy Im not that shocked considering ive not exactly been taking it steady; towing on the odd occasion, testing its top speed etc Twisted Evil Reckon ill see similar to the pulsar if i drive it normally and maybe 30+ on a long journey providing i keep and eye on the speedo.

22Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 20th March 2013, 10:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

same average mpg as my gtr at the mo although a lot of the miles are short around town trips to work and back

on another note weve picked 2 of the oogliest mofo avatars you could think of lol, think they should have a fight Laughing

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

23Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 20th March 2013, 10:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My bosses hilux was around the same mpg not to bad for a big old lump .... ive not been long back from abit of roadside repairs on a land rover discovery nothing like fumbling in the dark .... think they are even worse for mpg

24Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 20th March 2013, 10:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My money is on yours bob he has a knife Razz

25Proud owner of a 4x4 Empty Re: Proud owner of a 4x4 20th March 2013, 10:39 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Fair point there Leighton but your forgetting mess with one chav and you mess with em all Laughing Did find it interesting that the speedo goes up to 160km/h yet it hit that in 3rd before changing up to 4th and continuing off the clock Shocked Would love to have seen the look on the chav's face as i overtook him at a ton Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum