Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stripped & ready for respray

+14
toaster55
b4dgt
GTI-R US
BEBB GTIR
fred05
Concrete-GTIR
buckym120
TurboTom
Welling_AL
johnny gtir
nomad
Stu
pulsarmoley
Gaz GTiR
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Stripped & ready for respray Empty Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 4:56 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Started stripping the R today ready for its respray in 2 weeks time Very Happy Im like a kid at christmas, cant wait lol. It going nissan white KJ7 i think is the paint code, So my vision is it will look pretty sweet in white with the anthresite comp's on Wink

Hers the pics so far, Ill keep them updated!

Stripped & ready for respray 001-17_zps659e45c3

Stripped & ready for respray 004-10_zpsf1e5ff43

Stripped & ready for respray 002-10_zpsf07a1105

Stripped & ready for respray 003-11_zps4d0ce77e

Stripped & ready for respray 005-7_zps802a0b5c

Stripped & ready for respray 006-6_zpse5fa0c09

Stripped & ready for respray 007-2_zpsfab59627

Stripped & ready for respray 008-3_zps6da5f795

Stripped & ready for respray 009-2_zps22c34e9a

2Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 4:58 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Fair play to ya, dont think i cba to go through doing this. What was the rear spoiler like to get off?

3Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 5:04 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

FairPlay Gaz.
Was that bumper I give you any good?

Why you going for a colour change?

Are you having the bump strips etc colour coded or you gonna get them painted black?

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

4Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 5:10 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Its not as much myther as you think lads Smile

I just fancy white Stu, so it looks cleaner & had enough of ivory now lol. yeh bumper is sweet cheers mate it will be getting sprayed with the car & im keeping the trim black, splits the colour up abit if you know what i mean.

Rear spoiler was easy 2 screws at each side behind caps, then 3 nuts in boot lid

5Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 5:27 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I thought the rear spolier was bonded on as well? Agree with keeping the trims black, stands out and looks much better Cool

6Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 5:30 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Sorry there is abit of bond & 2 clips uner it, but just a little gentle persuasion helps :p

7Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 9:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Great work there gaz Wink i took my rear spoiler off was a real tiny bit of silicone and couple of nuts was very easy .

8Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 16th February 2013, 10:26 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

good on you for keeping trim black

9Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 17th February 2013, 5:08 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh johney always been a fan of the original look, never been in to body kits & colour coding malarky lol. just suttle touches make3 the world of difference imo

10Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 17th February 2013, 8:58 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ever thought about tinting the windows? Think a mild black tint would go well with the white and black trim Cool

11Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 19th February 2013, 12:23 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I think the rer ones are slightly tinted anyway. I may think about it once car is sprayed

12Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 21st February 2013, 12:57 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

If you dont mind me asking Gaz - who are you using for the re-spary ?
And how much roughly is it costing ?
This is something I'd love to do with my R.
Had mine 9 years now and it looks more and more tired every year i own her !
Looking for a new home soon - garage is a MUST - as soon as that sorted i will get a respray - same colour - just want it looking crystal clean again like when i bought it all those years ago !
Keep us posted with updates.
Cheers, AL.

13Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 21st February 2013, 1:35 pm

TurboTom

Al, if your only in welling go to Chappell coachworks in west kings down next to brands hatch, they are excellent with restorations etc (I'd know, I used to work there!) and I am sure if you throw my name in they will strike a deal with you Smile

14Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 21st February 2013, 1:56 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ive got a freind doing the respray & putting new rear arches in, £900 - £1000 Al, But it will prob be abit more as it always is. lol

15Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 21st February 2013, 2:26 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

TurboTom wrote:Al, if your only in welling go to Chappell coachworks in west kings down next to brands hatch, they are excellent with restorations etc (I'd know, I used to work there!) and I am sure if you throw my name in they will strike a deal with you Smile

Tom - good man !
Thanks for the heads up. I'm very close to Brands so will keep that in mind and maybe give you a shout nearer the time if you know the guys down there.
Its good to use local businesses specially if recommended.

16Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 21st February 2013, 2:31 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Gaz GTiR wrote:Ive got a freind doing the respray & putting new rear arches in, £900 - £1000 Al, But it will prob be abit more as it always is. lol

That sounds really reasonable Gaz - thanks for the info.

I will defo have mine done - its just a metter of time.
I went to a detailer to get a quote for a machine polish to take out all the imperfections but i have a few dinks from car parks (dickheads opening doors) to have smoothed out as well - nothing major but the company quote was building up and he said the polish would be 85% perfect but not re-spray quality so i thought once i have a place with a garage I'd go down that route. At present the R sits out in the elements - it wouldnt be worth getting it done and them not being able to protect the new paint job properly.

Be good to see how you get on with yours mate.

17Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 6th March 2013, 6:33 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Well arches are alot worse than expected, inner arches mainley but not going to let it put me off, It will be like new once sorted so thats the posative way im looking at it Wink

18Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 6th March 2013, 8:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

As you have said imagine it all done will be top. Only 1 way to do rust chop it out

19Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 6th March 2013, 9:53 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yup thats the plan, Wink

20Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 6th March 2013, 10:28 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Not good mate, hope there's no more hidden surprises for you. Get plenty of pics along the way

21Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 6th March 2013, 10:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Underneith is solid & floor is solid, just common arches Sad ill upload ocs along the way, car is still at home, should be starting next week Smile

22Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 7th March 2013, 9:41 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Well just hat my mate round to look at my arches & he said no myther & igive me the go ahead Smile

Problem is he's got alot on at the min then he's going on holiday, so its going to be afte easter weekend when he starts it Sad so about a month to wait now... oh well hopefully be ready for the shows.

23Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 7th March 2013, 10:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Whats that for the respray or cutting out and welding gaz ? or is he doing the lot ...

24Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 7th March 2013, 11:38 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hes welding inner & outer arches in then filling & skimming them & prepping the rest of the car. Then its going up to the bodyhop for another lad to paint it., But wont be starting untill a months time Sad

25Stripped & ready for respray Empty Re: Stripped & ready for respray 8th March 2013, 7:32 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Least it will all be done mate and you know its done properly .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum