Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Respray

+2
nomad
11Paul11
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Respray Empty Respray 26th July 2013, 10:34 am

11Paul11

11Paul11

How much roughly will it cost for a full respray in its original kh3 black

And can anyone recommend anywhere?

2Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 10:42 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You not going to have a go yourself paul ? Just remember you saying you sprayed your bumper etc .... i worked out mine paint wise alone is around
175 squid but that is a complete colour change where as you are staying same colour ....also depends on bodywork condition ... if its just a blow over minimun of 500 and thats cheap .... find a local bodyshop mate and say to them you will strip everything off and do the donkey work you might find somebody whos prepared to do it after hours for cash .

3Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 10:45 am

11Paul11

11Paul11

Can't really do it myself as I haven't got a garage to do it in, my garage is full of tools work bench ect, I'd strip it down and rub it down ect will have to go round a few places and get some quotes I guess,

The other thing I was thinking of doing is having it carbon wrapped as a friends had started doing it

4Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 10:58 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

don't do the carbon wrap
after 6 months it looks dire and very very fake and that's even with 3m wrap
I know as I had the 500 done in it..........never do that again to any car!

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:03 am

11Paul11

11Paul11

Thanks for the advice bob respray it is then

6Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:08 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do what im doing mate wich is .... buying a pop up gazebo ..... car is 4 metres long so im getting a 4.5 metre as i will be spraying the bonnet off the car along with the wings so 4.5m× 3 m gazebo drive the car on abit of plastic job done mobile spray booth lol

7Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:24 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah you can spray cars outside on a driveway, ive done a few like that in the past.
youll need to use cellulose as it dries very quickly before flies land on it lol.

make sure its a warm day (not burning sun) ideally dry warm and cloudy with no wind.
once car is prepped and masked itll only take you 2 hours tops to paint it
then flat it down afterwards with some 1200 wet n dry then compound and polish.

you don't have to be a fantastic painter but youll get a mirror flat finish by the work you put in afterwards.
plus youll save yourself a lot of money and have the pride in knowing you did it all by yourself.
ask Jamie on here (concrete gtir) as he did his after never having painted a car before

8Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:40 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I paid £1500 all in for my recent respray, but that included having new rear arches put in & was all done cash in hand so maybe if you have a friend that works in bodywork or know a friend of a friend it will work out a lot cheaper than it going threw the books.

& as Bob says, the finish you get is all down to a good prep & flatting & buffing afterwards. Still got to have mine flatted & buffed, but that will be done after im back of holiday next week Smile

9Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:43 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

make sure you don't flat it yourself at the ring gaz or itll end up being compound-ed Laughing 

10Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:44 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Don't tempt fate Bob Shocked  Laughing 

Touch wood, touch wood, touch wood Laughing 

11Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:46 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

obey all speed limits and all will be fine haha

12Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 11:52 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

Hi Paul, doing it yourself is worth doing like what's been said dont rush. The prep and the sanding after are what takes the time. Also the setting of the gun when I first started out I had it too high a pressure I was getting an ok finish but it wasn't till I turned the pressure down it stared coming out really well. I did mine over like 2-3 months I orted out every dent and deep scratch though. If your going same colour you could also save time by leaving doors on etc. think mine cost me more than 175 though, but I did have to buy gun etc.

If your going to take it o a body shop thn most don't like you doing the actual sanding down cause if there's a defect in the paint when they paint it after you will say what's that and they will say it was down to your sanding/prep. Taking bits of the car isn't a problem obviously. As a rule I find most decent body shope charge 80-100 per psnel

13Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 12:17 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

why don't you go with plastidip?

14Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 12:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

im gonna try a car with plastidip or an old bonnet first off
ive heard mixed reviews with it though being a non smooth surface that's very difficult to clean
and fading areas after washing etc
its also expensive to buy so you don't wanna be doing a car unless you know its all gonna be maintainable and durable

il be a guinea pig with a bonnet and let you all know what its like. if im happy with it il do a whole car and see how it fairs after winter and summer use

15Respray Empty Re: Respray 26th July 2013, 12:44 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

i'd like to test plastidip on wheels...
there is a vid on youtube with a black and yellow GTR platidipped, awesome!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum