Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GTR35 gearbox issues again

+14
Mr B
GTI-R US
ben15476
GTIRSI
nomad
Stu
mightydquinn
johnboy
Bones
FPSChris
Welling_AL
gtir_woody
Bandyleg
splmum
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 23rd August 2016, 7:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks very clean i bet it was a nightmare to put back together as it look real complicated bit of kit ... so il keep my fat fingers crossed it goes into gear ok Wink

27GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 23rd August 2016, 7:35 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yeah fair play for taking that on bob!!! Fingers crossed its all good when put back together mate Very Happy

28GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 23rd August 2016, 7:57 pm

ben15476

ben15476

It will work! Power of positive thought!
Well done though mate looks mint!

29GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 23rd August 2016, 10:25 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Cheers for the good luck messages guys thumbsup
Well box is now back in the car so if i get time tomorrow  and "with power of positive thought" drool

She will all work ok

GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 20160812

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

30GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 24th August 2016, 7:31 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Here's a GTR FSM (browser based online viewing) , no idea how complete or useful wiould be as not viewed them but worth a look/archive ...

31GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 24th August 2016, 8:09 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

GTI-R US wrote:
GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 20160812

Sexy Laughing

32GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 24th August 2016, 10:21 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

[quote="Mr B"]Here's a GTR FSM (browser based online viewing) , no idea how complete or useful wiould be as not viewed them but worth a look/archive ...

Cheers for finding that mr b thumbsup  
i did have a quick look but cant seem to open the pages for some reason but il have a better liok when i get more
time

33GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 25th August 2016, 6:28 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
You need be PC browser with popup blocker off or allowed for this site . IE browser or firefox seems ok, then you get this >
GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Captur10
GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Captur11
some useful manuals & info on that site .

Good luck on test drive, would suck taking that out again :-(

34GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 25th August 2016, 11:15 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

If it doesn't work bob I'm sure cosmic would love to get his hands on that Razz

35GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 25th August 2016, 6:30 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

PartyPete wrote:If it doesn't work bob I'm sure cosmic would love to get his hands on that Razz

Hahaha

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

36GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 25th August 2016, 8:19 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Well? Is it working mr bob?

37GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 25th August 2016, 11:04 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Dont know yet
Car is all back together and ready to start but it will have to wait till tomorrow before i know the outcome.

Mr b.. ..thats what i managed to get to in your screen shot but when you click on something in the left hand column it doesnt do anything, nothing seems to open up scratch

Pete... . He would be more than welcome to have a look at it if it doesnt work.
Its very complicated due to the electrnics and the software that controls it all, but underneath all that it is basically a mechanical gearbox with electronic solenoids engaging and disengaging both the gearset and clutches which i now understand how it all works but what i think is truly amazing is the management system for the gearbox, clutches as well as the 4wd system.
These things can select a gear in a tenth of a second with one clutch disengaging whilst another simultaneously selects, then at that same time another control unit in main gearbox uses solenoids to engage and disengage gears simultaneously.........now who ever designed the software to make all that happen is one very very clever chap. As if that wasnt enough then the gearbox has to sync exactly with the engine and its control unit so the technoligy behind it all is mind boggling to say the least

Dare i tempt fate but im confident in what ive done so il stick my neck out and think that it will work, if not.............it will then be time to weald my trusty mallet lol

38GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 26th August 2016, 9:10 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

To soon Bob you should save things like this until the night before we leave lol

39GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 27th August 2016, 9:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Well the beasty nobil lives bounce015
Seems i have fixed it, took it out for a blast and forgot how quick these cars are.......the central reservation barrier where did that come from What a Face

40GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 27th August 2016, 9:35 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Glad it's sorted mate well done

41GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 27th August 2016, 9:53 pm

Papajohns

Nice one Bob, I'm looking forward to a passenger ride around a track

42GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 28th August 2016, 7:54 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nice one fella glad its working ok hopefully thats the last of the gearbox issues ....

43GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 28th August 2016, 9:43 am

ben15476

ben15476

Cool dude, well done! Someone to play with again!

44GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 28th August 2016, 9:56 am

shroom

shroom

Sounds like a labour of love that one! Computer systems are great until they go wrong. I was driving a £80,000 Tractor and went to change up a range and the biggest crunch slam bang you had ever heard happened, tried it a few more times for good measure and then had to leave it on the verge  Laughing . Company had to come out and do some more programming on it and it seemed happy enough after. Thankfully it was on lease Laughing They are very complicated things these days!

45GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 28th August 2016, 10:06 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

A story of gearbox success! It warms my heart Razz

46GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 29th August 2016, 10:06 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Good to hear it all worked as it should! Smile

47GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Empty Re: GTR35 gearbox issues again 29th August 2016, 6:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Bet that a relief .
Won't be needing the manual then >
GTR35 gearbox issues again - Page 2 Captur12
I don't think it massively detailed unfortunately
Least you can reduce some weekday commute time now ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum