Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help transfer box or gearbox issues who's had problems with transfer box and what was the symptoms

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Long time since I've posted on here.

I've finally got the sunny running on a rainy day last week end this is most proberly the problem Pmsl...

Any way driving along no noises nothing just when I turn a corner it pinches trys to turn more if that makes sence. And on my way to work Monday it smelt of transmission oil so I stopped but struggled to pull of again.
So I had a little look and put my hands around back of engine and noticed the gearbox hot but the transféré box boiling as it would almost burn me touching it...
After eventuelly getting car home I've emptied transféré box and gearbox and oil is pretty normal to be honest the transfer box had a slight shine to it as if I'd put a very very tiny amount of glitter in it.. But nothing un normal.. The car is fine cold but once driven for about 40 mins smell of transmission oil starts and if I stop and try to pull off again it may lock up / struggle.. Has only happened once. Can anyone shine any light on this problem or has anyone had this problem before? Thanks Sam

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

What front diff (in the transfer case) you got fitted ?
any recent work to box/transfer box ?

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Standard I would of thought and no recent work to either.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If happening more when on a turn I would say issue with front diff/side bearings .
side bearing issues not unheard of .
Needs looking at asap as could trash/stress tranny quite quickly

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

U taking about transfer box or the gearbox for the side bearings? Haven't understood lol

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

side bearings on front diff in the transfer box .
Need pull front diff out and see what find ... would be easier cheaper fix than issue with final drive/centre viscous diff .

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Oki cheers I'm pulling the case of this weekend

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You had anything apart ? If you or others have there is fluid back in ?

Forget that I just read it properly

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum