Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gearbox / transmission issues

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Gearbox / transmission issues 19th December 2017, 8:07 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Since my clutch smashing too bits I’m not thinking about anything and everything ...

I’ve had a issue for a while now where going round corners it kind off pinchers try’s to turn more kind off thing hard to explain . But if I try and pull off on full lock it won’t do it easy if at all .. could this be my problem ? If so what is the problem ? Asking as I don’t really want to put another clutch in for it to go bang too..

Any help much appreciated

2Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Re: Gearbox / transmission issues 19th December 2017, 8:43 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

perhaps a diff issue causing wind up in the transmission . Did you notice any binding feeling and feeling it fighting against itself when on full lock manoeuvres ?
any odd tyre wear ?

3Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Re: Gearbox / transmission issues 19th December 2017, 9:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Always done it or started a while ago ? As above diff related

4Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Re: Gearbox / transmission issues 19th December 2017, 9:47 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Done it since the accident 2 years ago to be fair before that didn’t take too much attention just it has always been fun to pull off and always put it down to the rear diff as I have a plated diff supposably .. but I can’t really justify putting it back together for it to fuck yo a short time later as I think I would set fire to it and call it quits .

5Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Re: Gearbox / transmission issues 20th December 2017, 9:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Did send you a watsap message Sam but dont know whether you got it or not

Is the gear and transfer boxes already off the car?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Re: Gearbox / transmission issues 21st December 2017, 8:12 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Quick test may be to drive on full lock for a few yards, stop then jack up a wheel at a time. If a wheel spins, it's a binding diff.

7Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Re: Gearbox / transmission issues 21st December 2017, 6:27 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

GTI-R US wrote:Did send you a watsap message Sam but dont know whether you got it or not

Is the gear and transfer boxes already off the car?

Yes bob it’s all off the car ???? il double check wats app lol

8Gearbox / transmission issues  Empty Re: Gearbox / transmission issues 22nd December 2017, 7:34 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

If its off the car look through the opening on transferbox where shafts go through and see if there is a round bar running from one side to the other, if there is then its a normal viscous type diff

But if you can see clearly through from one side to other then you either have a nismo or modena diff fitted in there!

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum