Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project

+16
nomad
shroom
PartyPete
GTI-R US
ducie54
johnboy
Mr B
gtir_woody
burrows1980
Cosmic73
Bandyleg
GTIR James
wrc
pulsarmoley
splmum
buckym120
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 20]

126Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 8:32 am

wrc

wrc

As above, gtir crank has larger flywheel bolts. If you use a de or det crank from an s body you will need to use the matching flywheel. Clutch is the same throughout all det's though.

127Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 11:46 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

wrc wrote:As above, gtir crank has larger flywheel bolts. If you use a de or det crank from an s body you will need to use the matching flywheel. Clutch is the same throughout all det's though.

That's great advice chaps, I'll definitely be asking for the exact part number.
Cheers
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

128Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 2:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if you want to save a few quid I have got a very good crank here that I may sell but there not cheap as hard to get hold of crack free

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

129Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 2:39 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

GTI-R US wrote:if you want to save a few quid I have got a very good crank here that I may sell but there not cheap as hard to get hold of crack free

If it's got no cracks i'll take it, how much you after for it? Very Happy

130Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 7:17 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

There normally  550 plus as over 700 new not sure what bob sells them at

131Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 9:25 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheaper than that Johnny

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

132Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 9:57 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

GTI-R US wrote:cheaper than that Johnny

Cheers Bob, Ive sent you pm to arrange this. Very Happy

133Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 24th November 2015, 10:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

GTI-R US wrote:cheaper than that Johnny
Very good of you as there hard to come by these days

134Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 28th November 2015, 7:12 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Bit of a lull this weekend as i'm waiting for the engineering co. to pull their finger out with the block, head etc  drink
So as stared at where the engine was and scratched my arse for a bit and noticed a leak coming out the gearbox/tranny joint.  pale
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Image_zps0jswi3pw

So its been decided for me, the tranny has to come off. cant fix it
Could anyone give me some advice please; Smile  Smile  Smile
The tranny and gearbox dont share oil right, as they are completely seperate assemblies?
Is it simply a case of removing the n/s drive shaft and unbolting rear prop shaft and sliding out?

I tried to drain the tranny oil, is this the right plug because b'jesus it will not fuckin budge!
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Image_zpsdo0oqsku

Also one of my jobs is to treat the front x-member, does this simply unbolt?
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Image_zpsdfasd0uy

135Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 12th December 2015, 6:56 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Its all been happening this week. bounce

just bought new CP 86.5 piston kits plus all my rebuild parts from Erics. Hopefully have them before Christmas. santa
I've also dropped the gearbox/tranny assembly and split them ready to stripped and refurbished.
Cool
Can you buy gearbox rebuild kits? Eg new bearings, seals etc?  anyone?

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Image_zpseqb0snyq

136Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 12th December 2015, 7:26 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Some from Nissan some are no longer availible but most bearing places should be able to match them

137Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 13th December 2015, 12:22 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Yeah, ill strip it down and make a list of the real bearing and seal numbers shown on the parts, then i can buy the whole lot from anywhere. The Nissan part numbers wont mean anything to anyone outside Nissan and like you say are probably not available.

Has anyone written these part numbers down before? If so it would be quite a useful thing to have.

138Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 14th December 2015, 2:53 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Nissan still do bearings & it only 2 nachi ones that you ideally want from nissan as all others can be exact match/make sourced from any decent bearing supplier. seals can be sourced from bearing suppliers etc but prefer nissan if budget allows, especially so for input shaft seal .

139Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 14th December 2015, 6:34 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Like you say if you get any numbers for both bearings and seals please list them. Is there a diagram with all part numbers on that Nissan page ?

140Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 14th December 2015, 7:13 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

gearbox/transfer box diagram with all seals marked in red is in another thread, I'll list gearbox bearings & a diagram when get some free time .

141Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 14th December 2015, 8:43 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

You have been quiet lately Mr B Sad

142Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 14th December 2015, 2:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ lol, missing you too woody, just busy, working away from home too which sucks .

143Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 14th December 2015, 2:54 pm

shroom

shroom

Bet wrapping all those pressies is hard work and the north pole is realy cold huh

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

144Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 15th December 2015, 4:46 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Got the gearbox stripped and ready to inspect. Very Happy
Bit of a pain removing the shift rails but all sorted now,
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Image_zpsjmcihagj

Theres signs of moderate micro-pitting on all flanks as you would expect on a 100k gtir but not enough to cause macro-pitting or spalling that would generate whine. The gear roots were all manufactured to have full fillets and were shot peened and look great, no cracks or signs of interference.
Ill check the floats and baulk ring thickness next but the gearbox is looking shit loads better then the block did. santa

145Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 15th December 2015, 8:18 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Just measured the float and baulk ring wear (clearances)
All in spec except 2nd gear which has 3x float and zero clearance.
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Image_zpsqwburw61

Can anyone confirm if 2nd gear is dual cone?
In the workshop manual the exploded view shows only a single, but further into the manual it sshiws 2nd gear has both inner and outer cones?
I suppose ill find out soon enough once i pull the bearings off and slide the synchro off.
santa

146Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 15th December 2015, 9:02 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

2nd and 3rd are dual cone after all Very Happy
http://www.japtuning.se/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1227/language/en

147Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 17th December 2015, 7:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

want me to make your day Neil?

That gearbox you have there is worth more money than you paid for your entire car you lucky bugger

Heres a pic of stock gearset, note the straighter cut gears in yours and the larger teeth where as stock are helical cut gears. Looks like a quaife gearset to me Wink
Made your day haven't I lol
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 01012

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

148Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 17th December 2015, 7:42 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Oh my days lol so he has. Thats a sweet find..

149Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 17th December 2015, 8:03 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's awesome, go have a beer and celebrate, Christmas has come early santa

150Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 6 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 17th December 2015, 8:32 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Well bugger me Very Happy
I thought quaife were all spur gears (0 helix), so with these having some helix to them i thought they were stock.
Well, well, happy days, Christmas has come a bit early
Ho, ho, ho santa santa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum