Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project

+16
nomad
shroom
PartyPete
GTI-R US
ducie54
johnboy
Mr B
gtir_woody
burrows1980
Cosmic73
Bandyleg
GTIR James
wrc
pulsarmoley
splmum
buckym120
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 20]

301Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 27th February 2016, 7:37 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Lol you guys & your rain :-D
would look like an old steam engine :-D

302Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 27th February 2016, 8:43 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

FMIC fitted, fook me I'm on fire today! Twisted Evil
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Image.jpg1_zps6hn4i6vs

303Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 27th February 2016, 11:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Mr B wrote:Cometic on decent finished block & head with oem bolts should be fine for lowish boost use.
Not my first choice but most bad reviews came from mating them with arp head studs or poor surface finish & building, seen a lot of det engines using them for quite a few years without bother !

Bit like everyone slated par gearkits because one cock in uk couldn't build it right in three or so attempts :-) 

That last remark earned you a rep point thumbsup

Wonder who that was think he may be the wizard of all gearbox builds on the gtiroc Rolling Eyesyoursofunny

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

304Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 28th February 2016, 7:56 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ to be honest I don't know who builder was but was surprised all blame went to PAR as plenty in use at time in asia pacific without issues. Indeed PAR kit improved design but that was not the uk issue lol ...

305Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 2nd March 2016, 9:45 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Fitted the alternator tonight but Sheared the tensioner bolt, Sad
Ill hopefully find a replacement at work tomorrow, Smile
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Image_zps2nizwwv1

306Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 2nd March 2016, 10:09 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Mate if you don't find a new one I've got an engine in bits here that's going for spares I can send you the bolt if you cover the postage.

307Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 2nd March 2016, 10:14 pm

shroom

shroom

Why does everyone do that lol heavy handed thing :-P you need to be delicate with her

308Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 2nd March 2016, 10:24 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Bandyleg wrote:Mate if you don't find a new one I've got an engine in bits here that's going for spares I can send you the bolt if you cover the postage.

Cheers Bandy, ill let you know, Very Happy

309Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 2nd March 2016, 10:45 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

shroom wrote:Why does everyone do that lol heavy handed thing :-P you need to be delicate with her

Usually i am, but tonight she was being a right stubborn little slapper.
I got her thoroughly lubed up with Wd40, talked dirty for a bit and started off screwing nice and gentle.
Next thing i know she's changed her mind and not having any of it!
Anyway I'm at the point of no return and just about to do the money shot, when she goes crackers, making me slip off and slap my tool right across her head.
She's in one of her moods now so ive just left her in the garage to calm down a bit.
Shocked

310Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 2nd March 2016, 11:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

piss taker

311Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd March 2016, 12:08 am

splmum

splmum

Cosmic73 wrote:Fitted the alternator tonight but Sheared the tensioner bolt, Sad
Ill hopefully find a replacement at work tomorrow, Smile
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Image_zps2nizwwv1

Jezuss Shocked I was working on the same on mine yesterday (squealing belt).
When I undid the lock nut and loosened off the tension, 3/4's of a turn, the tensioning bolt was so easy to move.
I just don't know how you could have that much tension on the bolt to snap it.
Tightned up the lock nut and squeal gone.
Hope you have better luck with another bolt.

312Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd March 2016, 6:50 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Probably hit damagaed or corroded thread due to all that rain & salt you get :-D, Bolt could of been fatigued from previous spannering too. I had a similar issue on my old n13 mainly as never been touched for a decade+ . could feel bolt shank twisting with little effort really but had come off one way or other so could be put right.

313Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd March 2016, 7:41 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Little bit copier slip or similar on the new one on install

314Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd March 2016, 7:45 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ive snapped so many damn bolts on my car because they were old and shitty. Common place was the rear muffler bracket and the front cross member. I feel your pain mate

315Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 3rd March 2016, 9:10 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Cosmic73 wrote:
shroom wrote:Why does everyone do that lol heavy handed thing :-P you need to be delicate with her

Usually i am, but tonight she was being a right stubborn little slapper.
I got her thoroughly lubed up with Wd40, talked dirty for a bit and started off screwing nice and gentle.
Next thing i know she's changed her mind and not having any of it!
Anyway I'm at the point of no return and just about to do the money shot, when she goes crackers, making me slip off and slap my tool right across her head.
She's in one of her moods now so ive just left her in the garage to calm down a bit.
Shocked

Well that brightened up my Thursday morning, i just spilt coffee all over my desk whilst reading that!! Rep point given purely for making me Laugh Out Loud yoursofunny

316Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 4th March 2016, 9:35 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Typical,
Just paid for the oversized shims from Aus and then found these brand new cams for sale on shitebay;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-pulsar-Gtir-NEW-sr20det-cams-/262314947991?hash=item3d13307597:g:1DYAAOSwDuJW1eXH

These cams might have paid for themselves if it meant i could've reused some of the old shims.

317Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 4th March 2016, 10:21 am

shroom

shroom

Think you may have got too sexual and carried away with that alternator I think you need to write "50 shades of Pulsar ownership"

318Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 4th March 2016, 11:26 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I need a cold shower and cup of bromide tea mate!

Anyway judging from the bruises on my head, arms, knuckles and legs it should be '50 shades of black & blue'
cant fix it

319Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 5th March 2016, 9:50 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

What a totally demoralising, ballache, pain up the arse, shitty job fitting that twat of a manifold is.
Mad Mad Mad
Twice i had it fitted, only to have to remove and unclip the whole lot because i could not get that metal pipe breather pipe fitted to the rear of the manifold.
Its The one that shares a clip with the large rubber power steering pipe.
In the end i had to seperate them and leave the power steering pipe clip loose.

Its the first time since ive been working on this car that i started to lose the love Sad

I hope its plain sailing after this Neutral

320Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 5th March 2016, 10:18 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I think that inlet mani is one of the hardest jobs on pulsar 1st time it took me 7 hours to get it off just to change little pipe for oil cooler I think I'm down to 1 hour now but still I'd prefer to get engine out than do this...

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

321Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 6th March 2016, 11:36 am

shroom

shroom

Well its your own fault you did it the hard way Laughing man up and get it finished!

322Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 6th March 2016, 12:28 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

yeh stop winging lol .
All good experience for future maintenance one her
The love will soon come back once you both oily & she's fighting with your tool I love you

323Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 6th March 2016, 4:52 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

So Following our recent trial separation we thought we'd give things another go this morning.Rolling Eyes
Started off by fitting the intake support bracket and i could tell she was still up tight but at least she was making an effort this time.Smile
But once that was fitted we got on really well, had a nice time fitting intercooler pipes, and the afternoon went like a dream.Very Happy
By the time i fitted Bobs refurbed injectors i can honestly say it was just like it was when we first met.
cheers
Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Image_zpsdmwukmpz

324Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 6th March 2016, 6:39 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Cosmic73 wrote:Typical,
Just paid for the oversized shims from Aus and then found these brand new cams for sale on shitebay;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-pulsar-Gtir-NEW-sr20det-cams-/262314947991?hash=item3d13307597:g:1DYAAOSwDuJW1eXH

These cams might have paid for themselves if it meant i could've reused some of the old shims.

Is that seller who I think it is?

325Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project - Page 13 Empty Re: Cosmic's Winter Pulsar Project 6th March 2016, 6:47 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Its this one;
http://www.precisionshims.com.au/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum