Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View on induction kits and Bonnets

+6
gtir_pimp
MartyMG
BEBB GTIR
shroom
Mr B
Daniel232006
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty View on induction kits and Bonnets 9th July 2015, 4:51 pm

Daniel232006

Just looking at a few bit - any views on the best Induction kit for the gti-r

I've currently got a HKS green mushroom filter on mine it seems - I've heard a few horror stories... I'm look to change it when I get mapped - Blitz sonic power? Pipercross viper in take system?

and

Has anyone seen the carbon bonnets made by Knight Racer? Are they any good? what s the quality like?

Thanks

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Knight racer bonnets are not the best. more fg than cf and most of ones I seen had cracks or issues with original clear coating.
I prefer foam filters myself as balance of filtration to air flow is sensible. Pipercross, Ramair not bad, apexi did do some nice filters but not foam.

shroom

shroom

My knight racer is fine only brought it recently. Try and find anything else and they are very nice in my eyes.

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Daniel232006

I might go see them - they are near me in Milton Keynes :O)

Was just about to say I'm using an apexi induction but I'm not I've got the air filter pretty much straight off the turbo lol benefits of z32 blowby setup ! And you're not too far from me dan might have to pop and see you soon Smile

Daniel232006

AH Pete sounds good - PM me if you want my number...we can sort something out. I'll be down with Bob in about 6 weeks getting mapped...you might fancy coming down!

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

bracpans bonnets where the best but hes stopped making them Sad

MartyMG

MartyMG

Back in the day, i read an article about air filter flow performance in a car tuning mag. The Apex I & K&N flowed best. I've used an Apexi & found them to be good but you can't clean them as its a paper element so need changing once in a while. Lightweight bonnets are a good idea as loosing weight high up at the front is what our front heavy cars need. Don't think CFX in Canada are doing our bonnets anymore but they were reckoned to be very good.

9View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty Re: View on induction kits and Bonnets 9th July 2015, 10:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

cfx was the real proper carbon kevlar bonnets with good framing support.
You'll pay a lot of money to get a proper full carbon bonnet done which includes vents, back in day cfx charged around 600gbp for bulk buys so you can imagine cost of one off. weight of standard bonnet is shocking, nissan should of done it from aluminium along with wings too :-/

10View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty Re: View on induction kits and Bonnets 9th July 2015, 11:16 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Both my knight racer bonnets cracked and faded, not called shite racer for nothing.

I remember reading about which air filter works best but can't remember which one was the best.

A lot of people slag off the hks mushroom induction kits but nothing wrong with them in my opinion as long as you change the foam filter when it needs it then it won't get sucked into the turbo.

If I was buying new then I personally would go for a k&n or green air filter

11View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty Re: View on induction kits and Bonnets 9th July 2015, 11:41 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

ive herd the BLITZ filters are reckomended, but unsure why? I did see a mag feature years ago where they tested filters on a C20LET nova & the Blitz did come out on top

12View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty Re: View on induction kits and Bonnets 10th July 2015, 1:40 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

The HKS shroom ones need to be cleaned and oiled when fitted then yearly - This usually gets overlooked hence stories.
Had one on scoob for years, always kept it clean and oiled. It's still going, 10 years this year Very Happy

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

13View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty Re: View on induction kits and Bonnets 10th July 2015, 9:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes hks just need oiled and replacement filters are availible. What was the big k&n ( m's ) or something were supposedly the best

14View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty Re: View on induction kits and Bonnets 10th July 2015, 9:17 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

FPSChris wrote:The HKS shroom ones need to be cleaned and oiled when fitted then yearly - This usually gets overlooked hence stories.
Had one on scoob for years, always kept it clean and oiled. It's still going, 10 years this year Very Happy
Wow Shroom has his own hks filter? Laughing

15View on induction kits and Bonnets Empty Re: View on induction kits and Bonnets 11th July 2015, 8:55 am

shroom

shroom

Haha well I didnt like to say. Just dont buy too many or they will make you start seeing strang things (bit like Petelesta most of the time)

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum