Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Induction run

+2
nomad
PartyPete
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Induction run Empty Induction run 8th December 2014, 12:59 am

Sorry guys I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but need to make sure I get this one hundred percent right .
I've got a gt2871r turbo with the two bolt flange so the stock flange and pipe coming out the turbo can stay. I need to know what size of pipe to then join to it to make a short induction run which is ultimately connected up to a z32MAF. I am aware I'll need two 60 degree bends? Is it three inch pipe I need? And what connectors/reducers do I need? My head hurts as been looking everywhere but I just can't seem to confirm my suspicions any help would be greatly appreciated and so would any pictures .
Thank you in advance.
Pete

2Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:24 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm not sure what you mean by 2 bolt flange, as thought it was 4 bolt on the exhaust manifold to turbo then 5 bolt from turbo to exhaust elbow/down pipe! How ever after having recently had a new induction pipe made, the less bends you have and the bigger the diameter the better, so if you have say a 3 inch inlet into your turbo, you will need a constant diameter of 3 inches from your air filter and z32 In to your turbo! The less bends the better, you want a nice smooth equal flow if this makes sense! Hope this makes sense.

3Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:31 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The standard inlet pipe is like 2-2half inch .... i made induction up myself i cut and welded onto the oe flange 3 inch .... and as said stay away from to many bends ...

4Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 9:12 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Is the OD on a z32 3 inches both sides?

5Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 9:37 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

One end 3" compatible, one end coupler - can get coupler adaptor in 3" & various custom housing z32 is possible.

6Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 10:23 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks B. Pete if it helps you out I think I got away using 2 x 45 degree bends on my old pulsar. Are you using a pod filter?

7Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 1:31 pm

Thanks guys so what I need is a reducer from the 3inch to the standard turbo pipe size about 8 inches of 3 inch pipe with a 60degrer bend on either end which will then mate up to the z32 and apexi filter which I've already fitted together

8Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Why 60? The best and dare i say proper way is 2x 45 deg bends as it stops turbulant back flow to maf (i think i used the right word) i know its 2x 45 in opp directions from when i got mine made

9Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:16 pm

taylorrail

taylorrail

What would you advise best way to wire in the maf guys ?

http://Taylorweldingfabrications.co.uk

10Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:19 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

As johnny said ^^ that's exactly how I did mine. If you just buy 2x45's there should be enough length to cut them to size. It's just a matter of having a play with the bends and joiners to get it sitting nicely

11Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:25 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

taylorrail wrote:What would you advise best way to wire in the maf guys ?

What ecu you got buddy?

12Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:30 pm

taylorrail

taylorrail

As far as i know its standard

13Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:38 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You asking how to wire in a z32 ?

14Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:42 pm

taylorrail

taylorrail

yes i cant get a plug in time as off to get mapped next week and wanting to set up now then when i get there fit maf and 660cc injectors Smile

15Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:57 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What ecu will you be running ?

You have no plug for your z32 ?

16Induction run Empty Re: Induction run 8th December 2014, 8:59 pm

taylorrail

taylorrail

Ive been told to use a nistune and have not got a plug i can get one but looking at 2 weeks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum