Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits

+4
johnny gtir
Mr B
mike74
MemphiS
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 18th May 2018, 8:27 am

MemphiS

MemphiS

Hi all,

I'm looking for upgrade my front brakes, and so for you which is better for a 50/50 road/track use between the Akebono 2pots from Mitsubishi calipers with Clio RS discs and Wildwood 4pots Midilite 280mm brake kit ?

Thx u in advance! : )

mike74

mike74

I can't comment on the Wilwood setup as I've never tried it but, I have the Evo/Clio upgrade on my R for road use and its absolutely fine. I guess it depends a lot on how much abuse they'll get and the quality of parts used compared to the Wilwood setup.

I've got fairly cheap 'predator' pads in mine along with 'Mtec' discs and for what I use it for they are alright. If I was to track it occasionally then I'd probably want more expensive pads though...then the prices start adding up!

3Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 18th May 2018, 11:40 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Do the 294mm akebono upgrade > http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4937-akebono-2pot-floating-294mm-brake-upgrade
Mix that with carbotech pads and 278mm primera disc/bracket upgrade on rear and you got pretty decent package at low cost if take time source parts and it durable and easily serviceable.
The floating 2 pots are nice calipers, easier on the discs and less issues with knock-off and steering judder .
Only ones I prefer over that are the AP copies by k-sport but they overpriced in europe generally compared to asia .

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I don’t like wilwood midilite the calipers flex to much when I seen them fitted. Depending on power and use to what setup you choose

Whytie

Whytie

I’ve always liked the hi-spec calipers,

MemphiS

MemphiS

Thx u for the reply ! the engine does 285hp at 0.8b and car is pretty light because its a FWD Very Happy
so according to your answers Wilwood kits it not a really a good way related the Akebono calipers and price difference between the two upgrade

More i just see this post : http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t6834-wilwood-midilite-brakes-spong
:S

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What gearbox and shafts do you run ? What struts

MemphiS

MemphiS

Standard Sunny GTI gearbox and shafts, stock sturts with lowering springs actually

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Was just interested as I used to own a one with gtir lump in. I think there the same was also just thinking about mounting points for calipers

10Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 19th May 2018, 7:54 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

johnny gtir wrote: I used to own a one with gtir lump in. I think there the same was also just thinking about mounting points for calipers

You taking about a sunny gti with a gtir lump .?
×What colour is it?

11Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 19th May 2018, 9:46 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Mine was red

12Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 20th May 2018, 10:13 pm

MemphiS

MemphiS

Brakes are same between GTI and GTI-R

13Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 21st May 2018, 8:36 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

I've ran 8 pot k-sport and they were batshit crazy. No fade and the same bit every single time hot or cold. It hurt your ribs.
The wilwoods I've got on at the moment, untested but I can't see there being any issues, flex has been mentioned but I can't confirm.
Everything about them means I have to spend less money changing discs and pads over the k-sports + I can run 17s instead of 18s as the k-sports were fricking huge.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

14Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 21st May 2018, 8:17 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Fcacc010

15Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 21st May 2018, 8:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Midi light used on vehicles up to 1100kg

In my opinion like I say better suited to kit cars etc not a front heavy R but each to there own and like said budget plays a part

16Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 21st May 2018, 9:46 pm

MemphiS

MemphiS

Yep good to know! indeed Midilite its a little bit light for our cars...

17Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 21st May 2018, 9:56 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

k-sport 6 pots are nice but not cheap in europe .

18Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 24th May 2018, 7:19 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

K-Sport, Hi-Spec, PB, Ceika, etc, they're all made by the same MFG in taiwan, they just put their own logo on the caliper lol.

19Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 24th May 2018, 10:03 am

MemphiS

MemphiS

lol...Ceika is interesting but i prefer go to a know OE solution and spare parts are pretty cheap, Brembo Gr.N discs : 50£ EBC Redstull 66£ and flex hoses are same connection that OE

But for the spacers, 5mm could be done ? or absolutely 4mm is neccessary, because its impossible to find...only custom made if i want a 4mm spacers Sad

20Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 24th May 2018, 10:13 am

mike74

mike74

For the Evo/Clio conversion I'm running 5mm spacers like in the link below. The rears bolt straight on no problem but the front ones I used my trusty Dremel to snip off the outer diameter, so the spacer would fit inside the disc properly. You kinda end up leaving something that resembles a snowflake. I think that's probably better than using washers (or similar) as at the very least the disc is fully supported and the thickness of the spacer is consistent.

Been like that for a year and no problems so far! Smile

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pcs-5MM-UNIVERSAL-ALLOY-WHEEL-SPACERS-SHIMS-SPACER-4-AND-5-STUD-FIT-/302740249763?hash=item467cb99ca3

21Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 24th May 2018, 2:45 pm

MemphiS

MemphiS

Ok good news!

Yes because according the seller the spacer are 147mm outer diameter and the discs 140mm internal diameter, if i find same in 140mm it could be perfect cheers

22Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 24th May 2018, 9:35 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Ryaneg6freak wrote:K-Sport, Hi-Spec, PB, Ceika, etc, they're all made by the same MFG in taiwan, they just put their own logo on the caliper lol.
Some of them will be, is a few manufacturers in taiwan though, k-sport copied a lot of AP calipers, you can even use AP pistons and seals lol.
K-sport pretty popular here and in malaysia with rally guys as decent design and price .

23Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits Empty Re: Akebono EVO brakes VS Wildwood Kits 25th May 2018, 11:33 am

MemphiS

MemphiS

I find spacers in 4x100 5mm with 59.1 center bore and 13.8cm outer diameter in this shop(france) :

http://www.ultratuning.com/cales-elargisseurs-voie-5mm-4x100-591-overflat-p61682

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum