Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

induction pipe

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1induction pipe Empty induction pipe 13th November 2013, 4:49 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Right so Ive decided to make my own induction kit using the one off my old sunny, which consists of alloy tubes and blue rubbers etc, spent a few hours today putting it together and looks tidy tbf, better than the oem black plastic one, got a few Q's though:

Do the alloy pipes need a ridge to stop the silicone pipe blowing off? (thought they would be ok as the turbo is sucking not blowing on that side????)
What do I do with the valve solenoid pipe? (small pipe from solenoid located at the rocker cover?) Do i need to weld a small flange into the alloy pipe?
What to do with the rocker cover breather pipe which originally goes into the induction pipe, can I just put a breather filter on the end?

cheers Tom

2induction pipe Empty Re: induction pipe 13th November 2013, 7:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I would say your ok without ridges as you say its intake. Up to you personally i would keep the pipe rocker cover breather pipe although alot of people dont. Did you have two 45 pipes on your intake ?

3induction pipe Empty Re: induction pipe 13th November 2013, 9:52 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

no from turbo ive got:

silicone reducer- 90degree alloy- alloy straight- 90 degree silicone and alloy to maf.

4induction pipe Empty Re: induction pipe 13th November 2013, 10:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You avoid 90deg angles  as it will give you turbulance  ....you would be better with 45' bends ...

5induction pipe Empty Re: induction pipe 14th November 2013, 4:52 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

oops too late :/ will try it for now got to run in engine first before boosting or anything, so can change it later

cheers lads

6induction pipe Empty Re: induction pipe 14th November 2013, 6:52 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as Leighton said but we generally use 60 degree bends as its a bit tight with 45s but either will do fine

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7induction pipe Empty Re: induction pipe 14th November 2013, 6:55 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

cheers bob, will keep my eye out for cheap pipes in future Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum