Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

my little thingy !!!!!!!!

+15
johnny gtir
beau_1990
toaster55
ROB_IOW
buckym120
Alex341
BEBB GTIR
pulsarmoley
johnboy
the vamp
TurboTom
richpulsar
GTI-R US
Stu
nomad
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 3rd April 2013, 8:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well i wanted to get a mint shell so i could just swap my stuff over but tbh my shell isnt that bad looking at my new one if anything i would say mine is slightly better overall just gone in different places but im happy with it ..... il see how it goes swapping stuff over ... then have a realistic look at budget wise what im going to do was thinking of maybe rebuilding my old shell but maybe do a colour change .

52my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 3rd April 2013, 9:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep gotta say your old shell is in far better nick than I thought it was gonna be, weve sold them in worse condition than that for fair money
got to remember there 20 odd years old now Leighton and your not gonna get a truly mint one
and if there was a true mint one then it would be sold as a complete car

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

53my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 3rd April 2013, 9:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Shes not to bad bearing up well for an old girl bob Wink i know fella they not in there youth anymore i aint unhappy with it far from it .. im well pleased with the new one and once i work my magic on it its going to be a lovely little motor going to treat it all underneath and arches with some waxoyle before i start swapping it all over so it will all be done properly while alot of the stuff is out of the way ...... so a big thanks bob for sorting it out for me mate .... much appreciated cheers

54my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 4:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 20130409_172842 ok ok own up who eat my sill Shocked

55my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 4:45 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

nomad29 wrote:my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 20130409_172842 ok ok own up who eat my sill Shocked

OMFG they look bad .. I would have cried if when i took my sill covers off it looked like that .
Wanna borrow my welder ?

56my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 4:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It is a bit of a piss off rob as it above the paint line from the side skirt but i have jedi knight welding skills for the holes Razz

57my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 6:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

is that the new shell or old one?

if the new one then I could not possibly have known that as the sills were all fitted and colour coded, all I could do was point out the bits I could see which I did with photos
this is why I hate selling things like this without people checking for themselves No

never again will I flog anything like that unless people have looked it over Sad

58my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 7:00 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Nothing a few hours with the grinder and welder won't sort out! and since it's under the trim you can lag it with underseal afterwards to stop it coming back, and no one will know, shhhhh! Mine were a bit like that but it's all been sorted now.

59my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 7:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol bob its the new one mate dont worry fella its cool you wasnt to know it was tucked nice behind the side skirt nothing abit of super welding wont sort out tbh its where they replaced the rear quarter badly whoever did it didnt even weld it to the underneath just bent the lip over it she will be all dreamy once ive sorted out out Very Happy hows your supercharger project going ..?

60my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 7:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats it mate i need to fire up my welder just gives me an excuse to piss the nieghbours of with abit of noise Razz

61my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 7:05 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Thing is bob unless you take every panel off no-one is going to know what's hidden below, just part and parcel of playing with 20 year.

Bloody hell mate the good old tin worn and having a good feast in there, is it rotten between the holes or is that solid? I found some replacement panels if you want the link or you going to use the force and sheet metal it?

62my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 7:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Exactly my point bucky you cant tell until its stripped apart i only took the skirt off as needed to sort out a hole in the inner arch wich is done now ... its no biggy and ive sorted out alot worse than that before .... im going to plate it out as the rest seems ok its only the two holes not sure how good the other side is but will take the skirt off and check while i have the welder out Wink

63my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 8:19 pm

buckym120

buckym120

That's a result only being the 2 holes, least it gives you some practise with the welder. While your checking get the rear bumper off aswell from my recent findings

64my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 8:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah mate thats whats coming off next ..... cheeky bugger i dont need no practice ive been welding for years most of my private jobs is welding Laughing have you finished your r now bucky .

65my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 8:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

as long as your happy with it Leighton that's all that matters.
I just feel bad as it seems like ive sold you a ropey shell which I would never have done if I had of known

bad day today and seeing that pic was final nail in the coffin

66my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry to hear that mate Sad ..... it is what it is mate hopefully wont find to much more i will just sort out what it needs and it will be fine the worst bit is trying to match the paint as i have no idea whether its a colour from another car or been mixed up .its definatly pushing me to sort my other shell out with the arches .. once ive swapped the rest over .... im thinking i might spray it white move away from the black .

Last edited by nomad29 on 9th April 2013, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

67my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:05 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Mines not been touched this weekend, just waiting for a friend to finish welding the floor on his mk1 fiesta before starting mine

68my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Mk1 fezzy sounds nice anything special in it .

69my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:14 pm

buckym120

buckym120

He's picked up a decent wide arch shell but needs some welding on the floor, but he has a replacement floor so not a big issue. Erm he's being a Dick at the moment and wants to put an r5 engine in just to be different (he wanted a 5, but the fez came up) rather than a zvh/cvh turbo

70my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:18 pm

Tell him to put a gtir engine in it with a gti fwd gearbox.

71my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

5 engines are not to bad not exactly reliable lump when pushed .... if i had the choice i would go down the zvh route a good bit of power before you even start plus they arent to bad to work on ....to he fair even the cvh isnt a bad lump one of the first engines i ever rebuilt .

72my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:22 pm

beau_1990

beau_1990

this the black metallic shell with the little dent in the back?

73my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah the very same mate .

74my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:30 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Seeing all these posts of suprise rust is worrying me as to what ill find on mine Shocked

75my little thingy !!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: my little thingy !!!!!!!! 9th April 2013, 9:32 pm

beau_1990

beau_1990

i was just going to say i went all over this car looking for rust (was going to buy the car), and it seemed really solid, i admit i did poke a small hole in the rear (n/s i think it was) inner arch while looking, and it really did seem good, damn shame under the skirts, but i went all over what i could see of the sills and no rust anywhere.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum