Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are people's thoughts?

+5
ROB_IOW
nomad
gtir_woody
Mr B
PartyPete
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 7:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its exactly that danny nothing is set on stone so its only ever going to be guess work ....the only thing is definite is the winter green is a rarer colour Wink

27What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 7:43 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

You can't ask nissan because they can't find a replacement part for a pulsar let alone some Information thats upto 25 years old lol
Pop onto gtiroz and sift through their Information as they have looked I to the history of the gtir more than anyone else.
Even the suggestion of the winter green being a commemorative colour for the emperors birthday or 50 year rule is a guess.
Colours were dropped and added at the change over years.
So it could simply be that that colour was in favour at the time...

28What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 7:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I reckon Nissan Japan could tell you all & more if new right people to deal with. I dealt with sourcing some parts for a old Subaru station wagon rebuild, they sourced a lot of bit from various outlets worldwide & for some trim items even had them made again by suppliers & had all the details stored so expect Nissan has too but just need right person at Nissan to start the process. I would of thought a few japanese nissan fans would know the reason on colour as if commemorative event would of thought would done colour on more than just the R, what other Nissan was done in that colour, I would suspect that as another myth as would expect media details to that fact as you not going to run a commemorative model colour & not market the fact ?
I go with fact that colour added late 92 as new option, few colours changed & red was dropped. This pearl green was just a new idea for phase 2 production.
If commemorative it would only been one production batch at one time & run in build number sequence & knowing the Japanese would be badged to the fact.

29What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 8:41 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nomad wrote:I think woody must be on about this beauty  when he says half decent http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/221758448924?nav=SEARCH affraid

Haha that's been on there forever, great condition, low kms, never crashed or raced. Prime example of a great R that one Laughing

30What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 8:46 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

shame it not winter green, I would of paid 8dollars if was hahaha ....

31What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 9:05 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Stu wrote:Pop onto gtiroz and sift through their Information as they have looked I to the history of the gtir more than anyone else.

Yeah there is a heap of great info. I think there was also a spreadsheet of all the R's in Aus by VIN number with heaps of other useful info. Quite amazing the time it would have taken.

32What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 4th May 2015, 9:29 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh I was registered member (Mr B) but since site changed can't login & as not Oz resident they not interested in reactivating account :-(
Was one of best for technical info & first for most ideas & data back in the day.

33What are people's thoughts?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What are people's thoughts? 5th May 2015, 11:31 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

my guess from having dealings with autoinfusion are that it is indeed one of theirs so i would steer well clear of anything to do with it as it does sound too good to be true

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum