Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing injectors and fuel rail

+2
GTI-R US
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 3:11 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ive decided I'm gooing to change over my fuel rail with all the injectors and fuel pressure regulator from my old engine baceause my car is starting to run more and more like a bag of shit!

Any advice on doing this? because I've never fitted an injector in my life so I could do with some advice before I attempt to do anything.

Any help and advice appreciated guys,
Cheers.

2Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 3:41 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just unbolt the fuel rail (5 hex bolts) remove the fuel pipes (remember return goes back on fpr side) a bit of fuel will spray out so don't have a fag in your mouth or youll have no eyebrows left like me lol.
gently lever injectors out by lifting the rail up.
make sure all the lower seals are in the plenum when replacing and o rings are on top of the new injectors
that's it, easy as that bill

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 3:48 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers bob, I'll remove the rail from my old engine first that way I can get an idea of how it goes before I take the rail of my car.
I just want to rule out the if FPR and injectors are being problematic.

4Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 3:53 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I doubt it but no harm in trying them

read what wrc wrote, spark blowout is more thasn likely due to the big gaps your now running

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 3:53 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Just check the rubber hose on the fpr Bill. Often it corrodes or splits and this can cause the car to run like shit. If it looks cracked or split at the end just cut a bit off the end and that usually does the trick.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

6Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 3:58 pm

wrc

wrc

I wouldnt go mucking about changing a fuel rail, generally if you have a fuel/fps/injector problem it would be much more pronounced than that you have been describing. Check your other post.

7Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 4:23 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Plug gaps are at 0.7mm now bob with new plugs

8Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 4:27 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Not a cracked plug is it ? You had em in and out enough times

9Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 4:30 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I don't think so mate, I'll check em but I bought 8 plygs when I bought them and I've been switching between one set of 4 and the other as I've been changing gaps and the problem has always been present.

10Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 4:37 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I don't think I'm experiencing spark blow out because plug gaps are now at 0.7 mm, I wouldn't know what spark blow out feels like but when I get the holding back sensation the engine is still running smooth and dosent seem to actually be missing or anything, just holding back and it happens on the transition of off boost to on boost at low revs, if you were to keep your foot in it will feel normal after a second or two

11Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 5:43 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Check the earth or re earth the fuel pump

12Changing injectors and fuel rail Empty Re: Changing injectors and fuel rail 25th April 2014, 9:37 pm

wrc

wrc

Spark blow out and actual det can often feel similar, though blow up is more pronounced.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum