Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing engine mounts

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1changing engine mounts Empty changing engine mounts 9th March 2014, 9:31 am

toaster55

toaster55

Thinking of changing my engine mounts today for poly ones, anybody know where the best place to support engine with a jack is and any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance paul

2changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 9th March 2014, 4:16 pm

toaster55

toaster55

It's ok done now and were pretty easy. Just supported engine with jack under mount that is being removed and simply remove and replace with new item. Happy days!

3changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 9th March 2014, 9:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Glad your sorted one bit of advice if its a small jack use a bit of wood spread the weight on contact point to engine. Pritty obv but you will be suprised how many i see not doing it. What poly bushes did you go for ?

4changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 9th March 2014, 9:30 pm

toaster55

toaster55

yeah used some wood to support it, went for powerflex, seem ok and were pretty straight forward to fit.  Very Happy 

5changing engine mounts Empty Torque strut replacement 4th May 2014, 8:25 pm

bogstandard

bogstandard

Any ideas as to where to get replacement torque struts? Replacement engine mounting kits don't seem to include these. Ta, keith

6changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 4th May 2014, 8:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Torque struts .... do you mean drop links ?

7changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 6th May 2014, 9:03 pm

bogstandard

bogstandard

Part nos 11350P and 11360 - the term 'torque strut' came from googling them. I think our transatlantic cousins use it...

8changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 6th May 2014, 9:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I just googled part numbers ....it shows the tops of the shock absorbers is that correct ...?

9changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 6th May 2014, 9:41 pm

toaster55

toaster55

are you on about items 3 and 26 from this page?

http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1993_6/type_23/engine_mechanical/engine_and_transmission_mounting/

10changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 7th May 2014, 7:04 pm

bogstandard

bogstandard

3 and 26 are the bits in question. Ta, Keith

11changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 7th May 2014, 8:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.online-parts.co.uk/nissan/advanced_search_result.php?XTCsid=46961fc3598890e8f362915423d0e4a5&keywords=1136060C01++&x=12&y=7#.U2qUMdO3PFo
bargain at £ 67.00

12changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 7th May 2014, 8:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.online-parts.co.uk/nissan/advanced_search_result.php?XTCsid=46961fc3598890e8f362915423d0e4a5&keywords=1135060C00++&x=10&y=16#.U2qU59O3PFo
no26 ..... £47.23

13changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 7th May 2014, 8:48 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

good find I thought they were available as someone sent me them a while back but in opened nismo packets think they were standard and he had previously used the nismo ones. I bought a solid machined one for the front

14changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 7th May 2014, 8:55 pm

nomadtestingaccount

I think ive seen pics of ones with red bushes on somewhere .....

15changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 15th May 2014, 5:26 pm

bogstandard

bogstandard

Thanks guys - looks like a useful local supplier for me! 'Red bushes' could start a whole new thread Wink 

16changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 15th May 2014, 8:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I meant like the nothalane ones it was on another site like sr20forum or something ...

17changing engine mounts Empty Re: changing engine mounts 16th May 2014, 1:39 pm

bogstandard

bogstandard

... and I was trying to be humorous and coarse and probably failing at both. I'll save that for the 'banter' thread!

Back on topic, I'm trying to track down and cure a vibration/noise that peaks between 70 and 90 mph in top, which is why I have started looking at bushes and mountings. 25 year old rubber will have perished or hardened I would have thought, so I'll be working my way round them to see if there are any prime culprits. Cruising on the motorway has to be done below or above this peak - difficult choice! Any suggested causes?

From other cars I know that this speed could be wheel balance, but I don't know what the resonant frequency/speed is for 14" (I'd guess lower as they rotate faster?). Wheels are balanced, although one rear had to have shedload of weights, but the noise level seems to be across the board, not at the back, which is why I'm looking at mountings and bushes.

My car is primarily road use - I'll try it on a track someday - so gentler bush/mounting replacements would be ideal. What are the better softer polybushes brand?

Looking at the parts list in the earlier reply, it looks almost impossible to select the correct OEM replacement from the list of possibles given on the Nissan parts order page. Takes me back to when I had an early Astra - it was apparently fitted with 47 carburettor variants... Very long waits and discussions at the dealer's parts counter.

Ta, Keith

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum