Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling on eBay Grrrrr

+2
ROB_IOW
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Selling on eBay Grrrrr 1st April 2014, 10:22 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Why do I have such bad luck with eBay sales!

I recently sold a few items to raise some extra penny's because I'm broke and practically everything I sold went wrong in some way.

I sold two speakers, one went to Italy and got damaged in the post despite being double boxed!
I sold the other speaker to someone in canada and he decided the postage was too much, I relisted the speaker them had to cancel when I realised the other got damaged

I sold a pair of tweeters and they went to the wrong address!

And finally I recently bought an hks evc iv boost controller, just the controller no solenoid thinking I would be able to use it with the solenoid from my hks evc ez but the wiring is different so I listed it up for sale nd it went for half the price I paid and now the guy is complaining that it doesn't work and wants his money back! This fckin useless to me boost control unit is going to end up costing me about £80!!!

So all in all a big failure for my eBay sales  Evil or Very Mad

2Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 1st April 2014, 10:26 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

It annoys me because what part of untested and no returns makes people think I'm going to give them a refund?

If I don't refund them I get bad feedback if I do I loose money which I can't afford to be loosing.

3Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 1st April 2014, 10:39 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Untested means untested .
No returns means no returns.
If you can suck a fart our of my arse you can have your £80

Id send that back to him via Ebay.

4Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 1st April 2014, 10:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

As far as im aware if you refuse to refund him he can raise a complaint to paypal but he will get no where if you cleary have stated no returns etc im not sure if you can have the bad feedback removed from them il look into it for you bill...

5Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 1st April 2014, 11:20 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'm just worried about getting negative feedback, it's took me a long time to earn a good feedback score and I dont want to loose my 100% rating.

He only paid £20 for it so it's not the end of the world if I was to refund him but it's £20 I would rather keep in my pocket. I paid nearly £50 for the damn thing only to realise I couldn't use it lol if I refund him then it's going to have cost me a fortune for it lol

I explained to him that it powered up and seemed to function ok but was untested due to the fact I didn't have the solenoid and I only had the word of the guy I got it from. You would think he would bit the bullet and chalk it up to a loss on his par instead of trying to get a refund

He opened a case without even contacting me first to try and resolve the issue which I find annoying

6Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 8:35 am

negative feedback means little really especially if you look at the sales on ebay.most are posted now by mobile devices and the apps wont let you leave negative feedback.
and if you are left negative feedback just leave the same for them
how did you post to italy?postal insurance should cover the damage

7Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 9:27 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Unfortunately the postal service will not cover the item I sent to Italy as they don't cover audio items or vintage and antique items and it was a vintage woofer from the 1970's  Rolling Eyes 

As for the boost controller this is his response

"i got missing item for item u send me, yesterday i went to master to add it on my car, he connected it and it's not working, then i took it to electronic master and he said that chip is dead inside the item..... u said it was working, but not working for me...."

Well I told him I had not tested it as I do not have the solenoid or wiring but I had plugged it into a power source and it seemed to power up and function fine, as it did.

I think he has realised that he can't use it without the solenoid and is now trying to get his money back, first he says it's got a missing item and then he says it don't work because it's fried  Suspect 

I'm not giving him his money back end of!
I don't rip people off and I'm an honest genuine seller, if he's broke it or made a mistake purchasing it then that's his problem.

8Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 9:44 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You can contest negative feedback although it is a lengthly progrees but if you can show it was unfair they will remove it ...

9Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 9:53 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Great! This is just brilliant! Because this arsehole has opened a case against me I have negative balance in my PayPal account and as a result when I try to pay for my dizzy cap and rotor arm I've just ordered it won't let me!

This guy has pissed me off, I know it's just one thing trivial but he's caused me inconvenience I could of done without! I need to pay for my dizzy cap and rotor arm ASAP so I can get it fitted sooner rather than later.

Why he didn't just message I can't understand, I think he's just trying it on to get his money back. If its broke he broke it and if there's something missing he should of read the description! Arsehole! lol

10Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 10:03 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hate ebay and that's the reason I never hardly sell stuff on there
far too many scammmers both buyers and sellers and the whole system is open to mass abuse if your that way inclined.
also the kangaroo court of paypal are no better. I could ramble on for ages about it but i wont.

tbh in the case you said with regard to the controller, just turn round and quote what you listed without being nasty to him. tell him that electronic goods are not covered under insurance and he as a buyer should have adequately covered the item.
as far as you know he could have damaged it once it got to him so you clearly are not to blame as you have tried to hide nothing and been open about it from the initial ad

and unless its changed recently sellers can not leave buyers neg feedback which i think is diabolical  Rolling Eyes 

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

11Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 10:58 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well I've just tried to add some money to my PayPal account to get rid of the negative balance and I didn't realise it takes 7-9 days for the money to be in my PayPal!

Arrrrghhh  Evil or Very Mad 

12Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 11:00 am

You just started using eBay or PayPal

13Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 11:03 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

as above - I agree - hate selling on ebay - nothing but ball-ache - buying is very handy for little bits-n-bobs you cant pick up in a shop
id rather sell stuff at a boot sale - you get less for it but its a simple face-2-face negotiation there

14Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 11:04 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

No I've been using them for a few years, I'm not exactly an expert with these things but I have a fairly well established PayPal and eBay account

15Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 11:53 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I know it's unrelated but I had my bank statement come through today and having looked through it I realise I'm being robbed by somebody using my card in Nottingham. I haven't been to Nottingham at all recently, infact I haven't even been south of junction 27 of the M1 at all this year.

God it's just one thing after another, today has been one shit day so far!  Mad 

16Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 11:59 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Blimey ring the bank straight away mate cancel your card .... they should be able to refund your money once they realise its fraud....

17Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 12:56 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Well I'm not 100% sure I've been scamed or not, perhaps I could of used a cash machine in Nottinghamshire somewhere asi I do live in Nottinghamshire but no matter how hard I rack my brains I can't seem to think of any cash machine I could of used other than the ones I always use.

Looks like I'll have to contact the bank to see if they can shed some light on it because the details on the statement are very vague.

It's not a massive amount, on transaction at a tesco in Nottingham for £20 and another transaction in BOI Nottingham (whatever that is) for £30, they are both withdrawals from a cash machine.

I will have to look into it, it's not like I've really got anything to rob in my bank account at the moment so they won't get much if they were to try to clear me out lol

18Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 1:04 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ahhh I've sussed it, I've leant my mate some money in blidworth on two separate occasions so that must be it  Embarassed 

Thank god for that because I've about had enough of all this online and bank account bullshit. Call me old fashioned but I'm a man who likes to deal with real cold hard cash not all this digital electronic bullshit lol

19Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 2nd April 2014, 1:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol panic over then fella ..... online banking is soooo much easier .... although i do prefer to just deal in cash with anything ...

20Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 3rd April 2014, 9:35 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If he wants his money back get him return goods.
No such thing as no returns on eBay in reality, if he wants his money back & returns goods he will get it.
Bad luck with speaker to italy ...
if tweeters shipped to address linked to payment (paypal) & preferably confirmed then you done nothing wrong & buyer in wrong, eBay/PayPal will back you on that too especially if payment linked address confirmed.

21Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 3rd April 2014, 9:54 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

The guy is aking if I would give him a partial refund to go towards repairs. What do you think I should do?
The kind hearted side of me wants to give him a tena back to keep him happy but the tight arse side of me is thinking why the fk should I!

What do you think I should do?

22Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 3rd April 2014, 10:04 am

Is this the guy with damaged speakers?

23Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 3rd April 2014, 10:11 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no don't give him anything as can be taken as an admission of guilt

if it was powering up when you sent it then its obviously been damaged en route or since he had it.
its not like you know him or hes on a forum

just be business like in your answer and say:
I would love to help you but the terms were clearly stated in the ad with regard to the solenoid and no returns policy so therefore theres little I can do. if you had taken out some kind of insurance cover then you maybe could have claimed on that, but they would not cover such items when I posted it out to you.
very sorry and hope you can get it fixed but that's the end of the matter as far as im concerned.

its only a few quid and that's the risk you take when buying on ebay
ive bought shit loads of stuff that don't work so just bin it and think 'oh well, should have known better'

Services provided

Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

24Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 3rd April 2014, 10:39 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

That's a fair piont bob, if it was me in his shoes I would just chalk it down to a loss on my part.

I just don't like to rip people off but I certainly haven't ripped anybody off because it was working when I sent it so I shouldn't let his sob story make me feel guilty because for all I know he could be trying it on.

I will just give him a polite but firm NO.

25Selling on eBay Grrrrr Empty Re: Selling on eBay Grrrrr 3rd April 2014, 10:43 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just copy and paste what I wrote above bill
its better than a NO lol

Services provided