Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grrrrr car won't start...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Grrrrr car won't start... Empty Grrrrr car won't start... 30th March 2014, 2:32 pm

gbedwardsd

Any helpful types had this problem before?

Car has been parked for a month was fine when I left it....

Now the windows don't work, central locking doesn't work and car won't start.

I've checked all fuses - all ok.

Checked for a spark - No Spark.

Checked for fuel at the rail - no fuel.

Points to immobiliser issues I assume.

I have power to the window switches.

I have removed the lower dash looking for the earth point but I'm struggling to locate it any ideas?

I am going tomorrow to get the immobiliser removed by the guy who fitted it 6 months ago but it is currently beating me.

Any ideas welcome.

2Grrrrr car won't start... Empty Re: Grrrrr car won't start... 30th March 2014, 3:16 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I don't see why the windows and central locking are not operating, immobilser shouldnt have any effect on them. What have you tried so far mate? Have you.tried another battery incase yours has a dead cell

3Grrrrr car won't start... Empty Re: Grrrrr car won't start... 30th March 2014, 3:48 pm

gbedwardsd

It turns over on the starter... And I've tried jump starting.

4Grrrrr car won't start... Empty Re: Grrrrr car won't start... 30th March 2014, 11:59 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

does the fuel pump work? can you hear it?

have you played with any electrics lately on it? any previous symptoms?

seems like and electrical fault, i wouldnt fiddle with the immobiliser yet tho, my car was stood round for over a year and it started fine with no problems at all so you'll be fine aswell bud Smile

5Grrrrr car won't start... Empty Re: Grrrrr car won't start... 31st March 2014, 7:03 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I always look at the last thing I messed with. It's usually that

6Grrrrr car won't start... Empty Re: Grrrrr car won't start... 31st March 2014, 7:55 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Could be the immobiliser but I doubt it as most are wired to the pump and starter so unlikely it would turn over but you still can't rule that out.
Have you undone fuel pipe to rail to see if fuels going to that when cranking over?

If no fuel there then check wiring to pump to see if you have a live feed, if so then prob could lie at where the multiplug fits to underside of cover or pump itself.
If not then could be a relay under bonnet or bad connection somewhere so check behind the centre consul, especially the white multiplug located on lh side fitted to inner part of consul

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum