Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

selling on ebay

+5
nomad
Thermal
Mr B
Indy
Stu
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1selling on ebay Empty selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 3:07 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Just sold two nova engine mounts.
Sold for £5 and postage and packaging £8.
Ebay and paypal fees £1
packaging £2
Postage £12.98
Its cost me £2.98 ffs Laughing

2selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 3:13 pm

Indy

True rip off

3selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 3:40 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Some things its okay to sell on there.
But they suggest a postage price. Obviously this time they suggested wrong Sad
I would of given the parts away anyway. But thought i would throw a few things in and make a few £££ and treat the pulsar to a few little bits like new bolts. Screws and nuts etc with what i made Laughing

4selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 5:41 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

P&P is a problem unless you check it , royal mail is a big cost on stuff like that.
should find the online delivery companies cheaper & possible door to door cost would be about the £8 mark from what I have had in past.
Wrapping can be cheap if stockpile some bubble wrap & cardboard etc,
I use black bin bag cut open then cut to size as final wrap on parcels, it super cheap looks neat, reasonably water proof & tape sticks to it indefinitely :-)
is quite tight on profit on eBay these days, so much at low cost & so many ripping off sellers. only people quids in are eBay.PayPal ...

5selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 5:48 pm

Should have just posted with myhermes would have been less tha n fiver

6selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 8:28 pm

Thermal

Thermal

I have used parcel monkey a few times, they even come to your house and pick up your item for dispatch, on their website you input the weight and size so you know how much it will cost before shipping. The post office are convenient but expensive.

7selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 8:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Never heard of parcel monkey before .....are there rates comparible to hermes ???

8selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 9:07 pm

sooni

For lightweight parcels 1-2kg.hermes are great in price especially if you drop it yourself,lately I use myparcel delivery they compare all couriers and give you best quotes.I stopped using eBay for long time now as a seller -still buy from there,but their fees with paypal are way too much,the only good is that the listing are free now lol.

9selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 9:17 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I cant use an online company because you have to print the delivery ticket off and put it on the parcel.
I dont have a printer.

10selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 9:32 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I hate using eBay to sell stuff aswell. Buying is great though Smile

11selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 9:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Stu wrote:I cant use an online company because you have to print the delivery ticket off and put it on the parcel.
I dont have a printer.
not all of them do, last time I used one in UK it was parcel2go & no printing was required (stated during getting quote) as when the out-sourced company came they had label & barcode to attach. Did handwrite my own label though just as backup :-)
almost turned into an out of pocket experience as got lost for 12days, parcel2go proved useless at support but lucky the guy I was shipping to was understanding/helpful & his efforts at moaning to delivery firm along with my images of parcel led to it being found, lucky as worth over £200 & insured for basic cover so I would of been good £150 out of pocket :-/

12selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 11:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I now only use parcel2go on large items, everything else goes by interlink express, there not the cheapest but certainly the best service I've had by any courier company, never failed to deliver as of yet and no lost parcels. Only thing is you need an account I think to use them which is quite hard to get, took ages before I was accepted.

P2go even managed to lose a wing which had brake discs and few other items on inner side boxed and shrink wrapped big fook off parcel but no the idiots lost that somehow ffs

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 24th March 2015, 11:51 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

interparcel is another one, and if have a parcelforce nearby you can drop it off and don't need a printer, and a bit cheaper

14selling on ebay Empty Re: selling on ebay 25th March 2015, 12:23 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Parcel monkey seem cheap enough, not sure how they compare to other independent internet based companies, they do search for the best deal and you then get a choice which carrier to use, I just know they are much cheaper than Parcelforce and I have has good service every time I have used them. On another note, I have had a few items that have been delivered to me by YODEL, totally useless, the tracking has said it has been delivered or they have left a card, but no sign of the items, and their customer service have never got back to me, the items are probably in a ditch somewhere !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum