Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

mapping a gtr arggggggh

+6
boyciegtir325
nomad
pulsarmoley
Stu
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 8:54 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

just spent the whole bloody afternoon trying to download the datalog from my gtr from the cobb commander and then uploading it in an attachment email and sending it to a guy who writes all svm's maps took me fookin ages, first time ive ever done anything like that before
had to do various runs and a flat out pull to wot in 3rd gear, try doing that in heavy traffic lol, hit 119.8mph (on private busy road) at 6500rpm whilst recording all the data.
gotta ay the datalogging system is absolutely brilliant, you just pick the bits you want data from i.e vehicle speed, rpm, injector duty, boost on both banks etc etc and it all comes up in black n white once you've uploaded it and saved it on a pc

uploaded it all to ben linney and hes emailed me a revised map after taking a look at all the data.
il upload the map he sent tomorrow.
car should then have a massive torque curve and upped bhp too as he said there were numerous flaws in the existing map.

think mappings dear.............wrong! £200 for a rewritten map bit cheaper than a gtir lol
so tomorrow will be chocs away chaps, all be ready for spa at beginning of October then Very Happy 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 8:57 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Atleast now you know it was existing floors with existing map & it wasn't a fault with the car. Also you will have a better torque curve Wink

Are you coming in the GTR on Saturday? I want a spin before you get to pissed Laughing 

3mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep will be coming up in that gaz

I knew there was nothing wrong with the car as such as it runs faultlessly and tbh if it wasn't through putting it on rollers at srr I would never have thought anymore of it
but it obviously never had the oomph that it should have had being a stage4 tune so cant wait to try it out tomorrow once ive worked out how to get the map from my pc into the ecu lol

4mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:06 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

What's going on Saturday?

Amazing how you can email a map to someone and they tweek it and send it back!

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

5mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

dangerous daves coming of age party so were heading to York to slay him lol

6mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:14 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

So didn't you realy notice anything wrong at nurburgring or was it just the RR day that made you abit suspissious? Well atleast you have cured it now & obviously tomorrow you will tell the difference, fingers crossed.

& ill leave you with it finding out how to load it from computer to your ecu, coz I wouldn't have a clue Laughing 

7mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:21 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no was fine at the ring and seemed to have loads of punch in it, more than I can really handle.
no it was just at srr when I went to get a check up run to see what everyone elses cars were roughly making that I noticed the dip in torque curve and it barely made 600hp, cant tell any difference driving it as its faultless and pulls very hard but obviously not as hard as it should be pulling lol.

and yes stu things have come a long way in terms of mapping now with modern cars, if your pc literate its quite easy really, a learning curve for a dimwit like me though

still, learn something new every day as they say

8mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:26 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Everythings trial & error tho & if the guy who writes the maps has now sorted it with a new map then it will be all good.
Are you going to take it SRR again with the new map & compare?

9mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:37 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's pretty cool and good value. Might even be more economical?

10mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:44 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

nah not yet il be able to tell if its quicker or not just by driving it
tbh the things ballisti as it was so not bothered either way but a bit more back in the seat effect at mid range would be good as I can scare clare even more then Twisted Evil 

11mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 9:56 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yup cant beat being put back in your seat more... Think its an addiction lol

12mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 10:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It would be cheaper to buy a recliner chair Wink

13mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 10:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

or better still a dentist chair

14mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 25th September 2013, 11:37 pm

boyciegtir325

You guys confuse me every time - this is way over my head!!! Glad you can do what your saying you can do on the computer Bob, but what your doing is rocket science to me!confused 

15mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 7:04 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

Bob, do you have any idea what the A/F ratio is at full load and/or high RPM on your GTR? The standard maps on our GTiRs provide enough fuel for A/F ratios ~10. This is far too rich (although completely safe from an engine point-of-view), so I find that pulling some fuel out at high loads makes quite a bit of extra power. Even with some fuel out the A/F ratio isn't above 11.5 so still safe, but I have a wideband lambda so can monitor things at all times anyway.

Just interested to know if the new Nissans are tuned as conservatively.
Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

16mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 9:41 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive got the datalog dave if you want to see it il email the full log to you with a flatout run in 3rd gear

once ive uploaded the new map into the car il do another datalog and compare that to the old one if you want to see them.

it does make for interesting reading
for example on the old log I did yesterday at wot the afr's hit 9.9

il try copy and paste a bit of it on here for people to see if you like

paul..............yes it is complex but the theory is actually quite simple.
like you im no whizzkid with pc type stuff but since I bought this car ive learned so much more with regard to mapping and tuning.
as long as you know what the parameters should be then its basically just a graded graph of fuel and air into the cylinders coupled with as much ignition advance as you can possibly have.

its a fine line though between maximum power and destruction which is why a lot of tuners will always map conservatively on peoples cars to protect themselves obviously.
its one job I could never do even if I had the facilities to do it, far too much aggro when something goes wrong and you could be responsible for blowing someones engine up that they had spent thousands on.

in a way its much easier with newer cars as the maps are bespoke to whatever spec the car is through much r+d the maps are then just flashed onto the vehicles ecu and its job done. you haven't got variables to contend with such as dodgy sensors, worn mechanical parts etc etc

17mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 11:13 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

amazing what can be done these days with a laptop and a cable !
reading this makes me think of Fast n Furious 1 when they roll up and start bitchin that the map isnt right and they plug in a lappy to fiddle it !
Be good to read how you find it with the new map Bob !

18mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 1:41 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

GTI-R US wrote:
for example on the old log I did yesterday at wot the afr's hit 9.9

il try copy and paste a bit of it on here for people to see if you like
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info. It seems like Nissan are equally as conservative on their GTR maps as they were on the GTiR maps. I'm sure with a little tweek you'll really notice the extra pulling power at WOT.

Put up any info you have if time allows.
Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

19mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 6:18 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

still cant download the bloody map I was sent from the hand commander to car ecu, its being a right mare Sad 

ive contacted ben the mapping guy and even hes stumped so has had to email cobb in the states to try find out what the problem is.
its possible it could be something to do with the cobb access port which is basically similar to a power fc hand commander.
hopefully he will get back to me by tomorrow or im stuck with a map im unable to use as cant download it to car grrrrr!

tried getting the datalog on here but think the files too big so will need to email it to someone to see if they can get the log on here

20mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 6:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Send it to me bob if you like il see if i can upload it for you ..... so you cant send the file to the ecu ? Is it because there is a map on there already ? I know fook all but just wondering ....

21mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 6:41 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

well evidentally you can store multiple maps on there so don't think its that

if you pm me your email addy Leighton il forward the email on to you with the attachment of the log, thanks

22mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 9:57 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Have you had any issues with the gtr now you've had it about a year ? Have you done many miles?

I'm still on the fence about getting one.

23mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 10:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive had no real issues with her at all davie
have to say I love it now just as much as the first day I bought it.

theres some niggly little things like my post above but just been speaking to the main man at cobb tuning and hes asked me to try something tomorrow hich will hopefully work.

other issues are
rattly bellhousings but not a major job or expensive to sort out
look out for the dash cluster back light bulb going especially on temp gauge..............replace the bulb you would say..........lol no you need a complete new commi unit/clock assembly cost 5k to buy Shocked but Nissan warranty them for five years, I had mine replaced foc.

other than that no probs at all
if you do buy one and its black then get the car wrapped as I did because paint on the black cars is very soft and they get chipped very easy.

I deffo would buy another If I ever sold mine ive done around 8k miles in her 28000 in total from new and its as good as day I bought it

the one downside with these cars are that when you get in another car you tend to compare it and nothing ive ever driven even comes close so you wonder ''where do I go from here'' I cant think of a better car I could possibly own under 40k price bracket

24mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 10:40 pm

Whytie

Whytie

5k to sort dash offt

Summer time I'll decide, it's a lot of money but you only live once.

25mapping a gtr arggggggh Empty Re: mapping a gtr arggggggh 26th September 2013, 10:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Where you go from there is the rasheen Wink .......
Right after trying for over 2 hours i cannot for the life of me open that ptm file you sent me bob .....what do you use to view it ....ive tried various viewers and  converters but sweet f.a. .Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum