Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? Empty Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? 28th June 2013, 11:01 am

Viper911

Viper911

Rather than PM'ing Bob all the time why not chuck it out there to wider community.

My R is 1 bar looped so running 300bhp ish. Just wondering if I have that available under foot, is it worthwhile getting the ECU mapped, get an ECU for it etc etc.

Obvioulsy I can set it to 0.7 for safe boost or 1.2 for a bit off unsafe boost but just wondering if for fuelling etc is it worthwhile to get it mapped?

Cheers yall

2Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? Empty Re: Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? 28th June 2013, 11:57 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Firstly what ecu do you have ..... if you have a standard ecu it cannot be mapped unless it has a daughter board in it ..... you should be good for 1bar as it is now however if you want more than that i would defo get the fuelling checked before going to mad and obviously its a damned site cheaper than getting your engine rebuilt Laughing 

3Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? Empty Re: Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? 28th June 2013, 12:38 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

The ecu dosnt control your boost! It controls the fueling.
You will need a boost controller to set it to .7 and 1.2bar.

The fuel map is adjusted so you can safely run more boost.

To raise your boost safely you need a boost controller, fuel controller, uprated fuel pump and a boost gauge to monitor.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

4Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? Empty Re: Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? 28th June 2013, 1:16 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Kl cheers

5Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? Empty Re: Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? 28th June 2013, 1:51 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as above steph
your cars running a bleed valve which we set to hit 1 bar on your aftermarket gauge spiking to 1.1 in second gear.

now heres the thing
you could probably run more than that (some have been running 1.4 on stock ecu) but its a dangerous game and could easily result in engine, gearbox, clutch or turbo failiure.

you dont need a remap to run more boost, the stock ecu with good fuelling and ignition system is premapped to run on the rich side so if you do decide to up the boost a little more I would get the car on the rollers with a wideband shoved up its rear and get them to set boost to a safe limit of fuelling, some cars have achieved 1.3bar but still have good afr's others will not achieve that but you wont know until its checked.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? Empty Re: Mapping Needed If Running 300bhp? 28th June 2013, 2:43 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Kl, reckon I will keep as is, its fast enough for road use anyway, may look at it next summer for track purposes, ps the clio (touch wood) is going great guns now lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum