Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

looking at other better forms of mapping hardware

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

as you all know were getting the dyno soon so are looking into different ways of mapping the pulsar with various ecu's

it occurred to me today that cobb (same as I had on my gtr) could be a good alternative but I need to find out if its compatible with the old style gtir pre obd2 as the socket is obd2
ive sent cobb an email and they are looking into it for us to see if they can come up with something to plug into ecu port

if this can be done somehow then these are a really good bit of kit and you can also remotely map a car by sending a generic map to the customer same as gtc did with my gtr then upload it direct to the car
you can also run datalogs so can be sent to the mapper then map adjusted then a new one sent to you
so in short you get a perfect map without anyone other than yourself doing say a hard pull in third

only thing is im not sure if theres enough preset info on the stock gtir ecu to allow this but will see what they have to say.

theres a lot of scoobies and evo's running cobb and maps are available to upload direct from the net.
this is definitely the future of mapping and has been for some years now

heres what the cobb accessport looks like
looking at other better forms of mapping hardware 7s1dKx

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Did you ever get any info about emerald ecu's Bob?

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

not contacted them yet but im sure they were able to do it and made a harness up for our cars

il be looking into this too Wink

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum