Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally.............Figures! She's nearly ready!

+4
Gaz GTiR
nomad
Digitalfaze
Jammin
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jammin

Jammin

As some of you know ive been having an Engine built at Norris designs, aswell as work on the car, and a revised gearbox built by Danny.
Its a stroker engine (2.35l) running a Precision 5858 turbo, 89mm CP pistons, Tomei cams and all supprting mods, (ill write up a full spec list later)
Well after 2.5 years, i finally got the call saying the engine was run in and mapped on the dyno, and an email with figures.

This is some info from the email from Norris...........

'Mapping is all done on the engine dyno, will tweak it further on the rolling
road once its all in the car. Which should yield some more power I think.

The limiting factor at the moment is your 3 bar map sensor is only allowing
2.0 bar boost pressure, ideally it would be a 4 bar sensor which allows up
to 3 bar boost (Not that you'd run that much). The problem is I have to keep
a boost cut i place for safety which means I can't run the boost too close
to that level.
Figures came out as below;

Low Boost: 1.4 Bar - 384LbFt & 519Hp

Medium Boost: 1.55 Bar - 408LbFt & 530Hp

High Boost: 1.75 Bar - 463LbFt & 546Hp Shocked

Engine is VERY repsonsive, full boost by 3500Rpm and a 8200rpm limiter,
should be a hoot to drive!'

Im well happy with that, and theres more to come Laughing
So hopefully the engine should be in the car this week, then some fabricating work for the intercooler pipework, and i shoule be collecting next week hopefully!
Im gonna use the car for some track days and maybe get some sprints and a hillclimb in before the end of the year, then get a Syvecs ECU fitted with full knock control, and fit the 4 bar map sensor and see what else she can make.

Im also gonna have him set low boost to the wastegate spring, 1 bar, which should drop the power down into the 400bhp area, just so ive got something a bit tamer and more road useable, especially if the misses is in the car, then have medium to 1.4bar, and then high to 1.75, so a nice differnet range of power available.

Anyway, ill keep you all posted of progress over the next few weeks, and maybe get out to some of the events being planned.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited by Jammin on 13th August 2013, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error in title)

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

sounds a complete animal!!!

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds a pure beast .... 2.5 years is a bloody long time though .

Jammin

Jammin

Thanks, Yeah, i think she will be a beast lol. Yes it is a long time, but the spec and plans kept changing, and when your waiting on parts from Australia, Japan and the U.S, time just keeps ticking away. Hopefully shes nearly finished now though!

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Wow sounds like she will be a handful, well done mate Smile cant wait to see some pics

lenzo

lenzo

Nice build mate .. Similar spec to mine but iv kept the 2.0l and running  a Precision 6262 it would be great to see the difference between the two Smile

Jammin

Jammin

Thanks Lenzo. Whats your figures like seeing as your running the slightly larger turbo but less displacement?

lenzo

lenzo

Hi jammin i Have not had it on the rollers yet the big D day is this Saturday Very Happy . I'm coming on full boost at 3800rpm i did have a gt30gtx on it which I mite go back to just thought ill try the 6262 ago and see the difference .. I will post the out come . What made you go for the stroke kit ?

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

atb with it ben, you've certainly waited long enough for it and I dread to think what the final costs are but then again so do you probably lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How come you went for a prescision turbo over a garret or such like out of intrest .? .. ive never really heard of them until recently .

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's some awesome power figures, I wouldn't have the patience to wait that long so fair play to you.

Oli-R

Please!!! Who did the map and set up on your car I need someone I can trust! Please reply. Oil-R

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum