Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project...underway

+20
Mr B
DaniRS
Bandyleg
ducie54
joe gt racer
DC313
shroom
GTI-R US
buckym120
nomad
PartyPete
luke s
GTIR James
MartyMG
pulsarmoley
Supernova
burrows1980
gtir_pimp
Thermal
Stu
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 19]

251Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 13th December 2015, 10:07 pm

Daniel232006

indeed Surprised)

Still not sure what route we will take the gear box next year...

252Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th December 2015, 12:59 pm

Daniel232006

Well as we are just waiting for the clutch have ordered a few shinny bits to add on...new steering wheel, gear Knob, strut brace etc...
Ohhh and new custom manifold and new turbo....I couldnt help it! Looks like we are going garrett GTX series...I'll let you know once its speced today/tomorrow.

Blame Gav he put the idea in my head lol

Now changes build date should still be met Surprised)

Specing to make 400bhp-450....torque to snap you in half so no doubt will peg this until the gear box is done...then really my do the brakes and coilovers all round lol

253Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th December 2015, 3:26 pm

Daniel232006

so looks like we are fully specing a GTX35r turbo (Full spec will stay under wraps) but should be killer :O)

254Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th December 2015, 4:37 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Thats a fair turbo matey, not to put a negative comment but if your only going for 400-450hp isnt that turbo a bit over the top?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

255Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th December 2015, 4:56 pm

Daniel232006

No its fair comment...we had the same debate...Yes and no...could of fully spec'd a GTX30r which would of been perfect too...but as this is also a show car we wanted a bit of a wow factor too...so doing a small spec GTX35r fits the requirement.

Plus is future proofs it....2017 once gear box is done, brakes, suspention etc....we can push it a bit harder towards 500-550.

Surprised)

256Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th December 2015, 6:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Fair enough then matey thumbsup

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

257Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th December 2015, 6:18 pm

Daniel232006

kind of the answer we came up with too lol

258Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 12:32 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That is a big turbo to spool up....what spec is the 35 going to be ???

259Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 6:41 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would of gone with a gtx30 series as far better matched for 400 to mid 500hp .

260Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 7:31 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

If you already have it, run it and you can always change later on if it doesnt suit what you are looking for mate.

Alternatively I hear these turbo's are well matched. Laughing

Project...underway - Page 11 Big

261Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 9:19 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

lol
think that could suck in & spit out an R ...

262Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 11:14 am

Daniel232006

We have a few magic internals on the GTX35r to spool it up...but we are keeping this under wraps...needs to be a few surprises! In fact I dont even know what tricks they are upto on the internals...This is something i'm leaving them too...I have complete faith...They have been spot on upto now so no need to doubt the magic they can pull off Surprised)

263Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 12:54 pm

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

man hope goes well for you but money you spend like nothing is problem some people see it this way maybe.
too much faith in to many people for losing all that money pale
good luck and wishes

264Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 1:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

He has a sponser joe so not so much an ouch in the pocket for him ....

265Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 1:59 pm

Daniel232006

Yes...If it was all my own cash I'd think differently(Im sure)...We have found our selfs in a fortunate postion so able to enjoy the ride Surprised)

266Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 2:01 pm

Daniel232006

The engine build is now compete - just spraying up the rocker cover!
So litterly just waiting on this clutch - then we can finshing putting her together #Beast

267Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 2:26 pm

shroom

shroom

Awsome build been keeping an eye on it
What spec is the clutch I didnt think the helix ones were that good over 400bhp (and thats pushing to their limit) or is it a custom one?

Be great to see how the stroker and big tubby work out for you

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

268Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 4:24 pm

Daniel232006

Helix clutch built to spec requested...it can do what we need! Syvec's is cleaver as it allows you to produce an articifal torque curve as its the torque peaks and not the overal power output that cause the problems for your clutch and gearbox...I'm not an expert but I get the principle of it.

269Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th December 2015, 4:29 pm

Daniel232006

Had a toucan touch screen display added to the centre console too which take care of all the displays and warning alarms in one hit...pretty trick pice of kit.

Litterally waiting on the clutch now lol !! (Its holding us up....come on santa hurry up and deliver it)

270Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th December 2015, 11:28 am

Daniel232006

Morning chaps!! so Banzai magazine are the 1st to reach out to us for full specs and the story so positive there! but more excitingly on the Jap day thread (check it out) I sent a tweet to @japday_offical to say see them there with the new build and the club #gti-rmotorsportclub and we got a re-tweet Cool Cool Cool i'll get Leighton to put the tweet up for us on the events thread. Really starting to build some excitement now!! Hopefully the club will be out in force this year at the big events afro run

271Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th December 2015, 1:32 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Any pics of the engine bay available? drool

272Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th December 2015, 4:22 pm

Daniel232006

Just waiting for them to be sent over - anytime now :O)

273Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 21st December 2015, 4:15 pm

Daniel232006

Excellent news - Clutch kit turned up today...so it full steam ahead to get it back together from tomorrow! Hopefully the near completion pictures will start rolling in so we can have a peak Surprised)

Just then about getting the Turbo on and the custom manifold and we are there!

Banzai Mag editor has already been in to see the car and look at the project so hes already sold on it...we are looking at a March/April feature, Jap performace mag im waiting to meet up with the editor who lives only 15 mins away so its coming together nicely.

274Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 21st December 2015, 5:01 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Nice one mate, can't wait to see the car at a show nxt year. Certainly going to be different from other modded R's!! Well done with build and keeping at it!

Gaz

275Project...underway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project...underway 21st December 2015, 6:03 pm

Daniel232006

thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum