Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project...underway

+20
Mr B
DaniRS
Bandyleg
ducie54
joe gt racer
DC313
shroom
GTI-R US
buckym120
nomad
PartyPete
luke s
GTIR James
MartyMG
pulsarmoley
Supernova
burrows1980
gtir_pimp
Thermal
Stu
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 19]

151Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th October 2015, 9:00 pm

Daniel232006

The manifold blowing sound horrible and that should be sorted too this weekend...they can not map it if its blowing at the 02 sensors wont work properly...but we can do that at the same time.
I'm really interested to see what this who system can do on the current turbo...Might go bigger long term (which is why we went big cooler to start) but.....lets see what happens

152Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th October 2015, 9:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

As I say did not want to ask Incase you thought I was looking for faults. It's a winner by looks alone to me was am just interested

153Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th October 2015, 9:04 pm

Daniel232006

Now always happy for the questions - trust me we were doing the same when working it all out!!! nothing wrong we healthy challenge...its always constructive in the end.

154Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 16th October 2015, 9:06 pm

Daniel232006

I'll get some pics up tomorrow when the sun is out hopefully..... with the bumper on she looks incredible. When it comes up behind you people will think what the hell......

155Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th October 2015, 11:11 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

If I were you I would ditch the cheap stainless manifold in favour of a stock one which has been ported!
you will see better results on the dyno and it wont crack or distort under heat like many of the cheapo type manifolds do

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

156Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 17th October 2015, 3:17 pm

Daniel232006

Food for thought...Need to cure the blow 1st...might end up with new manifold anyway now! keep fingers crossed...with this glitch we forgot new pics....will be up during the week.
Final out come to follow :O)

157Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 19th October 2015, 3:25 pm

Daniel232006

Thank god!!!!!! Just had the call.....The manifold is pucker still...no cracks no nothing....the bolts have sheared inside the block after the heilcoils let go. A fairly simple fix!!!

Its being done now...also found the air intake has a restriction in it which is also being taken off.

I'm feeling pretty happy right now...I feared the worst but seems I've got lucky Very Happy

158Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 19th October 2015, 3:27 pm

Daniel232006

keep you posted when she's all finished and how the Syvec S6 and mapping goes!

Final project pics due anytime now - soon as she rolls back out of the garage for the last time this year (fingers crossed)

159Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 19th October 2015, 7:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What was intake restriction ?

160Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 19th October 2015, 7:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Probably a small boy sucked in from where the bumper has been cut Laughing

161Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 19th October 2015, 9:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It's always good to know as getting new intake soon I hope. So must spec it not to big it sucks small children or trees up

162Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 19th October 2015, 10:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

yoursofunny

163Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th October 2015, 6:59 pm

Daniel232006

The air intake restriction was something between the Air filter and the Turbo...so I have a 2.5inch intake pipe which went to the down pipe and some sort of restriction going to the turbo then opened up again....not really understand the technical side of it. Anyway they have fabricated a new intake pipe, down pipe and filter to address this.

164Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th October 2015, 7:07 pm

Daniel232006

I've sent a screen shot of the current work sheet over to Nomad to throw up just to give you an idea of the final work currently going on and all the kit we are fitting...I wont give away the final cost.
But its a special car and deserves the time and money spent on it to take it to the next level.

165Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th October 2015, 7:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Project...underway - Page 7 IMG-20151020-WA0000

166Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th October 2015, 7:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sorry for the delay just finished making a decat for my mates diesel van and took longer than i thought ....

167Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th October 2015, 7:48 pm

Daniel232006

no problem!!

I think so far we are up to 15hours of labour on top of the parts....we have another 15 hours of major prep work and between 4-6 for the mapping.

Then I need to re fill the piggy bank too!!

168Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 20th October 2015, 7:49 pm

Daniel232006

I get a nice labour break down at the end of each day so I can see the build happening :O)
A nice touch I thought from these guys...

169Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th October 2015, 6:11 pm

Daniel232006

A slight delay on final pictures and collecting car...My Girl Friend had our 1st baby on Wednesday at 9pm...so its been a busy week.
Baby George 8lbs - my other project lol
Car will be ready next weekend Surprised)

170Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th October 2015, 6:53 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Congrats. Pulsar breaking due to no time and funds due to little man lol

Last edited by johnny gtir on 24th October 2015, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

171Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th October 2015, 8:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

congrats on your new baby george ..... thumbsup

172Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th October 2015, 9:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Congratulations fella and keep up the good work thumbsup

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

173Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th October 2015, 9:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What with Pete the car or making babies lol

174Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th October 2015, 9:08 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

johnny gtir wrote:What with Pete the car or making babies lol

I will let Daniel decide on that one Very Happy

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

175Project...underway - Page 7 Empty Re: Project...underway 24th October 2015, 10:31 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Congrats on the birth of your baby. Hope baby and mommy are doing well...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum