Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Torque Of The South Motorsport

+30
stevie904
pulsar23
ROB_IOW
Digitalfaze
gtir_woody
the vamp
nomad
boyciegtir325
Mr B
Andy Sunny Gti
Indy
pulsarmoley
Gl3nnGTIR
Sparkie
Girl racer
pulsarmad20
buckym120
BEBB GTIR
richpulsar
johnboy
Ajay.
johnny gtir
Spark plug spike
Bones
Stu
Concrete-GTIR
octainejunkee
PartyPete
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 13th December 2014, 10:02 pm

stevie904

whens the dyno going to be up and running as have a few mates off the gtr and scooby forums who would be interested in a shootout.

77Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 8:04 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

right not been on here lately as been mega busy with the new dyno cell and dyno arriving this week, sorry if ive missed pm's ect but will try answer them all tomorrow.

first of all though would like to give a massive thanks to johnny gtir on here who kindly gave up his own time, drove all the way down from Geordie land to spend 5 days with us helping to get certain bits finished in time, helping shift the dyno and loads of other stuff, the guy does not stop and is one of the most genuine people your ever likely to meet and was a real pleasure having him here with us over the days, but was worth it for him too as he's now also a trained dyno operator so another string to add to his bow.
also like to thank danny (hregtir) who once again gave up his sunday to help his electrician mate to finish the wiring install.
Its helped restore my faith in people again after the last bad episode I had with you know who.
There are still genuine honest people out there, lots of offers of help from many on the forum too and I appreciate each and every one of them.

Right the dyno is now obviously fully operational Cool
not gonna ramp on about it but im like a kid at xmas at the moment, its an absolutel brilliant bit of kit and extremely accurate too as the guy that did our training wrote all the software and helped produce dyno dynamics but then after leaving dyno developments was formed so he has now put all his skills into this company and evolved basically the dyno dynamics rollers with all the previous flaws now ironed out to give the most reliable and accurate readings possible, he has run and held on the dyno an 1800bhp Celica with no slip which is quite an achievement.  
for example ''my gtr'' with the new ecutek and stage 4 map that was done by Litchfield they quote you should achieve 620bhp on normal v power (weather conditions dependant)
well i ran my gtr and it made 619.8bhp with a high torque figure so spot on with litchfields quoted figures Very Happy

got a forged pulsar sitting here with normal mods stock boost and injectors, induction kit and tmic, goose exhaust, I took it for a run up the road and said I reckon car is about 260bhp as im generally not too far out with guesstimates on power after a drive.
after run on dyno it made 258.8bhp so once again pretty spot on

also ran a Yamaha 600 bike on there which is brand new and still restricted with liomiter restriction to 48bhp
so ran the bike and it made 47.8bhp spot on again

im sure johnny will add his bit but this dyno and what it does is absolutely top notch in every respect plus the back up is second to none in terms of anything mapping related and other diagnostic problems with many solved over internet direct feed.
He has also offered to teach me to do my own mapping so il be mapping the rasheen myself with his help of course Cool then will see how I get on with it as I know the basics already but not confident enough to map any one elses car, but some of the new stuff is simple as its already done for you so just needs to be uploaded to car then run on dyno with datalog then they tweak anything which may be out so fool proof really.

cant wait for the new year now and early spring as we have bookings flying in already not only with cars but with bikes also Shocked  
next week we have another gtr to run, bmw, 2 bikes and a jag xkr with charger and 3 vauxhall vxr's and not even started advertising yet, plus ive still got lots of contacts with bike racing as well as the car stuff.
one of the guys that was here doing the training has a lot of connections with time attack series, and rob barnes who I know through the gtr scene so looks like we may possibly have some real big power cars here too.

so really looking forward to next year now, just getting bits finished in workshop then il add some pics of the whole new setup as its changed drastically from how it was a few months back.
So once again a big thanks to the people mentioned and everyone else who have offered their help also cheers

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

78Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 8:13 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Its great news Bob, I do hope all goes well with your Dyno, I am sure you will be very busy Cool and yes there are genuine kind people such as Johnny and Danny Smile

79Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 8:40 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Great news, looking forward to my next visit down there to have a look around. cheers

80Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 8:41 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

GTI-R US wrote:
also like to thank danny

Had to read that twice...lol:affraid
Then realised different Danny...lol

Big well done to all involved and good luck, keep going.cheers

81Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 8:43 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Onwards and upwards now Bob, big respect for Johnny and Danny as well for helping you out thumbsup

82Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 9:00 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Great news mate and big rep for the guys helping you out. Can't wait to see some pics of the completed setup, I'd love to be over there thumbsup

83Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 9:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Flat out with paper work before my xmas hols but must add a big thanks to bob for the opportunity to learn the dyno and that gtr is a fooking beast to drive. I wont lick no ones arse nor big something up but spending time with the dyno guy as he is a real car lover and not a sales type at all he is a engineer with a computer back ground. No bull shit from him he was genuine as can be with massive knowledge and evidence to back it up with, i tried to get him to slag off other models of dyno and he pointed out floors but would not slate them just give reason why his models are far superior.

believe me, and like i say bob is a mate but i am a no bull shit kinda person take it from me lads this is a serious bit of kit one of the best bits of kit availible, accurate and grip levels of the rollers been a major part of it this is a massive plus for me and you lads, the club, and anyone who uses the dyno for that matter

84Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 10:01 pm

hagger

Hard work always pays off,so fair play to you bob (and helper elves). Hope the new year is a good one for TOTS. ;-)

85Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 10:03 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Great news. . Mine will be booked in next year

86Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 10:22 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Great news, all the hard work is paying off thumbsup

87Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 11:04 pm

Ajay.

Brilliant news glad its finally there all the best with it,can't wait to make a visit down Very Happy

88Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 18th December 2014, 11:21 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Its good to hear some good news for a change Bob.
Look forward to seeing you grow with confidence and seeing what you achieve over the next few years Smile
Glad you have also had your faith in humanity changed too! Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

89Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 19th December 2014, 1:18 am

Indy

Fantastic news bob I'm so glad it's all coming together nicely well done to the lads that helped out cant wait to book mine in for a session bye bye 2014 hello 2015! Twisted Evil

90Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 19th December 2014, 2:52 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Brilliiant news Bob, Glad everything has turned out well & glad you already have business rolling in Wink Sounds like a great dyno & the guy eho teaced you is obviously very knoligable, which is what we want lol

As for you Johnny I hate you Twisted Evil lol, Ive always wanted to learn about the dyno side of things, you lucky git Laughing
But no glad you had fun mate

91Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 19th December 2014, 2:32 pm

houghy_1

Onwards and upwards is exactly what I said to bob on Saturday when I picked my new engine up. 2015 is gonna be a good year for TOTS :-)

92Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 19th December 2014, 5:44 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

This is great news then Smile! So when is the first big pulsar meet going to be down there then? Have a bhp shoot out etc? Very Happy should be a good day to look forewords too! And show these skylines a thing or two Razz

93Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 20th December 2014, 9:40 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Bet someone will read this and realise what an opportunity they let slip through there fingers, so who's out of pocket now. Well done Bob and everyone who helped. No holding back 2015 now

94Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 22nd December 2014, 9:56 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Good to see its all running Bob, so you've had no probs from my electrics, blimey that's a first Wink
I'm in Cambridge tomorrow, if I've got enough time I'll pop my head in briefly to see the final result if ok with you

95Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 23rd December 2014, 11:48 pm

boyciegtir325

nice one Bob, will defo be down.

96Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 11th March 2015, 1:13 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Right guys

Bit of a weird request on here but am after: 

A fully skilled technician with good all round skills to work on a full time basis. Help me assist in the running and growth of this company which has the potential to become absolutely huge, with large volumes of work already rolling in which I can no longer cope with by myself

Ideally will have a good knowledge of all performance vehicles as will be working on some very expensive machinery, mainly Nissan gtr32,33,34,35, Nissan gtir's, s13,14,15s and many other jap performance vehicles such as evo's & Scoobies,as well as some exotic super cars 

Must be capable of building engines to a high standard and ideally gearboxes too but not essential

Have knowledge of mapping, tuning and good diagnostic skills, training will be given with regard to Dyno use. Welding/fabrication skills would be a bonus but not essential

Will need to help the 2 apprentices we have and a semi skilled mechanic we may be taking on very shortly so needs to have a good professional and understanding manner as well as goodcustomer skills also.

Massive prospects and earning potential for the right applicant

Please drop me a pm if you think you fit the above or know of someone who does that's after what can only be described as a dream job for many

Will be interviewing people shortly for this position as help is urgently needed with the ever growing workload so must be able to start at short notice.

97Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 11th March 2015, 7:38 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI-R US wrote:Right guys

Bit of a weird request on here but am after: 

A fully skilled technician with good all round skills to work on a full time basis. Help me assist in the running and growth of this company which has the potential to become absolutely huge, with large volumes of work already rolling in which I can no longer cope with by myself

Ideally will have a good knowledge of all performance vehicles as will be working on some very expensive machinery, mainly Nissan gtr32,33,34,35, Nissan gtir's, s13,14,15s and many other jap performance vehicles such as evo's & Scoobies,as well as some exotic super cars 

Must be capable of building engines to a high standard and ideally gearboxes too but not essential

Have knowledge of mapping, tuning and good diagnostic skills, training will be given with regard to Dyno use. Welding/fabrication skills would be a bonus but not essential

Will need to help the 2 apprentices we have and a semi skilled mechanic we may be taking on very shortly so needs to have a good professional and understanding manner as well as goodcustomer skills also.

Massive prospects and earning potential for the right applicant

Please drop me a pm if you think you fit the above or know of someone who does that's after what can only be described as a dream job for many

Will be interviewing people shortly for this position as help is urgently needed with the ever growing workload so must be able to start at short notice.

Might be worth doing a separate thread?

98Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 14th May 2015, 1:20 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Little update with things guys
First off a huge thanks to Johnny and his mate Dave, Danny (hreggtir gtir) as well as many others who have been helping out over last few months british

we have now managed to get a new member of staff who is fully conversant with gearboxes and all transmission components. As well as being a highly skilled technician the guy is a qualified mechanical engineer so fabrication of parts are now no longer a problem
We've been looking for the right guy to join our team for a fair while now and with him as well as a world class mapper at our disposal we have the right people in place to launch the company to a whole new level
He has the necessary skills to be able to build /repair any style of gearbox to a very high standard and also has contacts to obtain necessary parts no longer available from NIssan.
iif a certain part can not be obtained he has the necessary skills to be able to make what's needed 
The guy is a real catch for us as his skill set is nothing short of amazing. 

Gtir r&d remains a big part of my business and we have some great ideas in the pipeline that can now hopefully become a reality so watch this space.

We are extremely busy at the moment and I'm now in workshop or on the Dyno most of the time so if you don't get reply please leave a message and I will come back to you even if it's in the evening.

We now have all the software to map virtually all ecu's to an extremely high standard including Motec, link, syvecs, emerald, and many piggyback chips such as nistune etc
All mapping/tuning work carried out by our very experienced resident tuner

Busy busy times ahead

99Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 14th May 2015, 1:49 am

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Sounding good Bob, exciting times ahead. Will have to pop down soon, getting withdrawal symptoms . Think I'm your way next week, will have to bring that gearbox down. Speak to you soon

100Torque Of The South Motorsport - Page 4 Empty Re: Torque Of The South Motorsport 14th May 2015, 6:27 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Now lads bob is a good mate but anyone who knows me knows I ain't no arse licker nor am I going to big something up or bob for that matter (he knows this) without good reason let's face it none inc myself are perfect but trust me when I say this that place is well well on its way to been amazing and will carry out work to a very high standard and above  I have met the new member of staff and f**k me he is clever and knows his stuff so why don't instead of telling bob he is great so his big orange head swells and he gets stuck in a door (joking aside) lets all spread the word around and let people know tots motorsport is ther second to none. I don't have face book but let's really get it out there AND just as important This forum our forum members forum wher members are what matters and its you/me that have helped make it what it is AND once again for any doubters I say this as I truley belive it NOT to please any1 or any doubter

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum