Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete

+18
Indy
Papajohns
shroom
GTIRSI
GTIR James
Cosmic73
Mr B
stevepudney
mightydquinn
Spark plug spike
pulsarmoley
Stu
Andy Sunny Gti
johnboy
johnny gtir
Ajay.
gtir_woody
clarebear
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  Empty Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete 21st January 2016, 12:17 am

clarebear

clarebear
clarebear
clarebear

Been carrying out a Complete re-vamp of workshop and dyno cell. 
New lifts installed, we now have 4 working lifts, motorbike lift, 
New  bead blasting equipment, 
pipe bender for all custom pipe work up to 4"
New Ultrasonic cleaner  
Fully updated diagnostic equipment & software for all makes of high performance, supercars as well as mainstream cars

Things next on list....
re-vamp reception area
move office to upper level 
spray booth installation.

Surprisingly enough we have stayed open throughout and the dyno's been rolling with our in house tuning guru Terry Dolphin at the helm alongside Bob.
We have had some very interesting cars in for tuning recently,  one being very powerful WRC car, an Audi R8 v10 circuit race car which produced 842 bhp after terry worked his magic!

Now Complete with a cool wall! No workshop is complete without one!

Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  CD09326E-BFC0-49D4-9EDE-0F82AEC3F94E_zpst09noy72
Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  7D2B0EBA-B407-49C9-8922-9732F2A41A11_zpsnymmyqju

Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  DDA22002-C8C6-4AED-A7AC-0B4CB6F5CBFA_zpshyau76jy

Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  B4360CBD-200A-4C3D-9294-B49036D9E97A_zpssybta7cd
Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  2182C9DE-9ADE-4962-A44F-2D476A8E1D74_zpseuxxa2rh

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The shop is looking fresh thumbsup its great hearing about the progress TOTS has made and Im sure its only going to get bigger. The bonnet looks awesome btw Smile

Ajay.

Wow big change since last time I was up there well done guys well proud keep up the good work can't wait for a visit soon thumbsup

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Like anything it takes time money and a lot of effort so well done it's going from strength to strength 

Very well done  hope to be at another RR day soon

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well done... glad to see the progression of tots going from strength to strength Cool goodpost

johnboy

johnboy

looks great.
Just wondering where the spray booth is going to go??

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Nice work tots tem, your going to need a bigger gaff soon, or could you buyout into the next door unit?
Looks different to when I was last down there when you had the fiat 500 posters.

Edit?

Or do you also own opposite, I think from what I last heard?

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Looks amazing guys. Well done Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Top work, looks very proffesional thumbsup

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 23rd January 2016, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Thanks guys
weve worked long hours in there over xmas and new year and still a lot of stuff to do but its all coming along nicely now.
Since appointing our new technician (also a gtir owner) the place has a real buzz about it and the backlog in work is gradually clearing which is a weight off my mind as was struggling do it all on my own with just one other mechanic and an apprentice.
Still doing long hours (im at work writing this lol) but there is an end in sight to the silly long hours ive been doing  bounce I would be happy  doing just 10hr days as opposed to 16-18hrs

Been taking some mapping lessons with the main man and our resident mapper 'Mr Dolphin' over last few months and getting better and better at this mapping malarkey, really isn't that difficult once you get your head round it, its understanding and being competent with the ecu's your mapping which is the complicated bit but so far done a bit on all the major name ecu's and a bit on a couple of gtr's too and that's easier than the older cars lol.

Sorry to everyone for delay in responses to parts etc etc but within a month or so should be getting back to normal and may then get a bit more time on pc to answer messages and so forth, and you never know may even at some point be able to update our parts thread as have a huge stock of stuff with no updates in parts for well over a year now Embarassed

Heres a couple more pics for you

Thought I would stick a couple of Jap coins on there we found set in car floor pans and meant for luck
Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  00314

(note johnny) your car at top of cool wall as it didn't get in the mag feature on 25th, so thought I would get a couple pics of yours on there. Also top left corner of bonnet is another good luck thing from Japan which came over in my old track pulsar (which strangely enough never broke) so added that to bring good luck and well being to all ''well nearly all'' Gti-r's and their owners  Laughing
Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  00218

Last one is another pic of workshop I took last night
Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  00415

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I see it been meaning to drop you a call mate but don't like to hassle you as we forget to shut up and takes both our day's up then end up at work later lol. Told me Indy and Aj same when I spoke  to them the other week am terrible for keeping intouch with everyone. Keep that pic as its getting stripped and full bare shell rebuild I hope very very soon. Will be intouch keep up the good graft it's looking tops

12Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  Empty Re: Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete 21st January 2016, 10:09 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Looking good Bob, that's what you get with hard graft and dedication.

when's the next RR to get everyone together again???

13Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  Empty Re: Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete 22nd January 2016, 10:30 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

It's looking really good and professional is that set up, very impressive! The cool walls awesome too, feel privileged to be on it!! Smile

stevepudney

Just logged in to have a nosey round, the workshop looks good mate ....nice anniversary sticker on that white bonnet, the person who designed that must be well talented Wink

Steve

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^looks like nissan own design credit for most of it, but yes the logos been tweaked & laid nicely over the green anniversary template.

stevepudney

Mr B wrote:^looks like nissan own design credit for most of it, but yes the logos been tweaked & laid nicely over the green anniversary template.

Why so prickly ?? the post was largely a compliment with a little very light banter on the end...

oh and, the artwork for that sticker (apart from the Nissan text) was all originated from scratch, nothing copied or borrowed - glad it's so popular Smile

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

not prickly at all, just seems you can give light banter but can't take a little. I don't actually have one these but like it .

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Very impressive facilities and a serious bit of investment,
Nice to see someone doing well, top job,
Cool  Cool

GTIR James

Nice one bob. Looks proper. You should be proud of how far you have come. I will pop down soon for a look.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would like a look through all your spare parts but you 6,000miles away lol .

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Bob should hold on open day in the Spring, i wouldnt mind a good gawp at everything too.

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

The workshop is looking amazing so well done to Bob Clare & all the team it's easy to see how much work you all put in top work Very Happy

Loving the cool wall it's a great idea need to come down again and see it soon. Someone say rolling road day ????

shroom

shroom

Cosmic73 wrote:Bob should hold on open day in the Spring, i wouldnt mind a good gawp at everything too.

Restraining order on you! Lol

shroom

shroom

Looks great Bob! You will soon be out growing it! Yes another RR day would be awsome enjoyed it thouroughly last year

25Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete  Empty Re: Re-vamp at Torque of the south complete 23rd January 2016, 11:36 pm

Papajohns

stevepudney wrote:
Mr B wrote:^looks like nissan own design credit for most of it, but yes the logos been tweaked & laid nicely over the green anniversary template.

Why so prickly ?? the post was largely a compliment with a little very light banter on the end...

oh and, the artwork for that sticker (apart from the Nissan text) was all originated from scratch, nothing copied or borrowed - glad it's so popular Smile

Mr B,

I believe that was a little banter/sarcasm from mr pudge you as he designed the original emblem.

I got it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum