Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost 3rd gear tonight :(

+10
nomad
pulsarmoley
Mr B
Digitalfaze
Greygtir
GTI-R US
BEBB GTIR
buckym120
Stu
Gaz GTiR
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Lost 3rd gear tonight :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost 3rd gear tonight :( 18th September 2013, 9:09 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

similar idea been used on one R here that done some drag competitions. Was originally going to do it in 2 piece casting, collar & end-plate that bolt together but they was happy enough with resin. Main thing is adding good amount of metal shavings into the resin in the voids & end plate as increases hardness for impact loads in that area. also adding long end-plate well greased studs & having end-plate already cut allows you to use it during moulding to make perfect mating between plate & resin face & give a flush edge to finish the resin sides to.
Any reasonable effort will result in an improvement that should be good enough to move failure to the next weak spot.
Ozi's done this years ago & had a similar one to STR with rods going down to the casing mating bolts.
I think your press & hammer testing gives a good enough outline of the potential strength that can be gained from this. Good idea & like you say cheap :-)

52Lost 3rd gear tonight :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost 3rd gear tonight :( 23rd September 2013, 5:50 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

did you pull box off yet as wondering what the outcome was?

53Lost 3rd gear tonight :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost 3rd gear tonight :( 23rd September 2013, 6:13 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

No not yet. Will prob be after xmas now as need to save some pennys to either fix mine if I can, or get another box

54Lost 3rd gear tonight :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost 3rd gear tonight :( 23rd September 2013, 6:21 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Drop that fluid so we know if there's any metal in it.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

55Lost 3rd gear tonight :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost 3rd gear tonight :( 23rd September 2013, 6:34 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh that a point... Ill drop it next weekend as im busy this weekend

56Lost 3rd gear tonight :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost 3rd gear tonight :( 23rd September 2013, 11:50 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Shame about your box, if you decide to get rid let me know as I would be interested.

Rb parts are hard to come by, but the gears can still be made unfortunately it's not cheap but it's always an option.

57Lost 3rd gear tonight :( - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost 3rd gear tonight :( 24th September 2013, 1:34 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cheers whytie & yeh ill let you know as soon as I decide mate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum