Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

boxing tonight

+2
nomad
ben15476
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1boxing tonight Empty boxing tonight 21st May 2016, 9:13 pm

ben15476

ben15476

Is it me or are all these fights tonight just set up bollocks.
All the opponents are rubbish, just brought in for Hayes fight night.

Probably should be expected but not so obvious surely.

2boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 21st May 2016, 9:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Just watching it myself .... haye's fight was abit short lived seemed like it was a walk in the park ...nothing too exciting ...

3boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 21st May 2016, 10:03 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

What you have to realise is haye is on his come back. He wont be fighting any big names until he has proved himself.
It would be stupid of his camp to put him in against anyone world class when he has been out the ring for 3 years...
And because he isnt fighting anyone of any sorts his under cards arent going to be of any sorts either.
It was on Dave after all lol
He is proving himself tho and after the briggs fight we should see him going against someone with some class.
Briggs is a joke to be honest. Isnit 6 years since he was a champion? After 6 years out his come back is like formans. Just for money and noteriety. A good boxer but thats it. After 3 rounds he would be huffing and puffing and punched out.
When fury looses in july im sure joshua will fight klitchko and become world champion and then we should see some decent fights.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

4boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 27th May 2016, 12:13 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

^^^ agree with you there Stu
Haye is currently promoting and putting these show together himself under his Haymaker promotions group so this reflects the level(s) of opponents to date - but to give his team credit - they've filled the O2 twice now (i went to his 1st fight) and broadcasting on Dave, the channel got their largest viewing figures ever for his last fight so they must be doing something right - even if the fights are short lived.
I think Briggs has done well to talk himself into this fight - he's in great shape for his age and proved he can bang - but alas i see him gassing out after a few rounds and Haye should move on swiftly - be patient - take on a few Eastern European fighters in the top 10 ranks and then get into a mandatory position for a title. He's annoying to listen to but as a UK heavyweight brings some excitement to the party - and Shane is proving to be a good trainer too so lets see !

5boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 27th May 2016, 12:43 pm

shroom

shroom

I thought it was a good night tbh I enjoyed a curry and some beer and a free boxing match. I paid 20 quid to watch AJ bust that bum american out in two rounds and that was boring too as he was miss matched as well but who cares he also won a belt and is onto bigger and better things too.

Its not like other sports it takes time to build up, sort out the stupid politics (mandatory challenges and people wont fight dangerous fighters)

Haye really didn't have many options, all decent fighters would either not fight him or are already in fights so he chose the 2nd ranked guy with an unbeaten record, yes he was useless but lets face it boxing is a weird and wonderful sport. I give it to Haye at least he is giving the public some free to watch boxing and is trying to rebuild his career, he hasn't always been the nicest guy but has created some hype over the years and given us something to watch, it was a shame he bummed out against Klitchko but at least he didn't get badly nocked out so he will still be in contention to rip up the heavy weight division.

6boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 27th May 2016, 7:59 pm

Ricks1983

Ricks1983

Tbh I'm a quite a big boxing fan and I don't know about anyone else but I really thought I was watching a bloody wwf match with how Briggs came ringside after and started trying to hype up the crowd. It all looked like one big fix. If anyone was to compare this whole farce up against an actual boxing match from the 80's ranging through to the 90's eg:Tyson v Bruno or Eubank v benn or even prince naseem hamed. The whole boxing scene has changed now and seems like more of an entertainment rather than a sport which is quite a dissapointment considering how many greats there were and people actually compare some of the boxers from back then to the nowadays so called boxers.

7boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 27th May 2016, 8:25 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Back in the 80s and 90s we didnt have social media like today.
The characters in boxing today act up to get people talking. All publicity is money to them. Wether it be good or bad or ridiculous like many of the clowns around today.
It does make some of the fights a joke. Its like marmite i guess. Some like it but most hate it.
Naz was a show man in his day. Exciting at times but a knob most of the time. But atleast he kept it to the ring and wasnt mouthy or disrespectful.
But put the few that are like this aside. We have some great boxers coming through atm and boxing on a whole is exciting in the uk right now.
I will hopefully be at hayes next fight.
My brother and niece were at the last two and have invited me to the next Smile

8boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 27th May 2016, 8:33 pm

Ricks1983

Ricks1983

I agree with how nas was a show man but he knew how to box, aj is a world class boxer in my eyes. Haye is a good boxer on the other hand but that previous fight looked too much of a fix as his opponent didn't even try to put up a fight especially when he dropped to the floor after a jab lol. He has everything there as a world champ but he really don't do himself any favours going against the people he does tbh

9boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 27th May 2016, 9:47 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Im still un decided on AJ
I think he may be another khan. Or even a david price.
We havent seen him take a punch yet so his chin is un tested.
He was rocked a couple of fights back.
Hes a good boxer dont get me wrong. I just dont know how i feel about him yet. I feel he is being brought on to fast..
David haye is an exciting fighter. He can bang thats for sure.
I think the fights he has had on his come bak are justified. He doesnt want to be jumping straight back in with world class fighters.
Just look at hatton on his come back. He was out classed straight away. If he had taken lesser fighters on. Maybe his come back would have been different.
Haye is working his way back in and putting on a good show at the same time.
His last fight he came out fast and landed some sweet punches early. Which shook the other boxer. Haye didnt let off and took the advantage to finish it early.
Im loving the haye come back.

10boxing tonight Empty Re: boxing tonight 27th May 2016, 9:50 pm

shroom

shroom

Ricks1983 wrote:Tbh I'm a quite a big boxing fan and I don't know about anyone else but I really thought I was watching a bloody wwf match with how Briggs came ringside after and started trying to hype up the crowd. It all looked like one big fix. If anyone was to compare this whole farce up against an actual boxing match from the 80's ranging through to the 90's eg:Tyson v Bruno or Eubank v benn or even prince naseem hamed. The whole boxing scene has changed now and seems like more of an entertainment rather than a sport which is quite a dissapointment considering how many greats there were and people actually compare some of the boxers from back then to the nowadays so called boxers.

Lol and how long ago was that! People can always bang on about the good old fights but lets face it MMA and all the other sports have taken over. Its only hyped up mega fights that has kept boxing going. Their just trying to get into the media and get something going so its not that bad, heavyweight boxing was as stale as a month old loaf of bread, you talk about real fights but who has their been for years! Klitchko lmfao.

The flood of pot bellied european fighters and bums from america or England was a disgrace. I like hype and it gives something to boxing, who can be bothered to wait half a year to 3 years for some fights to happen when football and the likes is always on. Careers can be destroyed in one night in boxing so im not suprised people are cautious about who they fight. At the end of the day he is working up, Tyson fought a load of nobodies to start with bombing them out in no time, so did many others. Its on a turning curve and hopefully its on the up.

Just be glad we can still watch something and its not men rolling about on the floor with a rear nacked choke as a win! MMA has to tight shorts and too much man hugging for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum