Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engine rebuild

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Engine rebuild  Empty Engine rebuild 9th August 2024, 4:37 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

For the members that are on here lol

Got cracked head or block or gasket fucked on my car ….anyone know who still does pulsar engines ? Is bob still doing them?

A local mechanic said he would double gasket and skim the block and head but seems risky to me 🤷‍� don’t want to to waste money and it blows within a week or a month or whatever

Any ideas would be appreciated

2Engine rebuild  Empty Re: Engine rebuild 10th August 2024, 11:58 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I wouldnt do a double gasket job.

Its a tough one, sounds like you need to tear it down to work out exactly what the issue is? Once you know that, you can start looking at the options. Sounds like its an engine out job. You arent planning to get rid of your R, so worth doing a proper job.

Proper engine builders seem like they are becoming few and far between these days.

3Engine rebuild  Empty Re: Engine rebuild 11th August 2024, 12:44 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah I dont mind I can take the engine out in 4 hours once all the tools are ready and tractor with loader lol

No I’m not was looking at newer cars but you can’t work on them and they’ve all got dog filters and shit on them and the parts are so expensive …

Ok so defo not double gasket 😂

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum