Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A road blasting

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A road blasting  Empty A road blasting 12th June 2018, 10:23 am

SonaGTIR

After a long time I actually got to enjoy the pulsar Sunday gone,( work done to it and somewhat scared of opening it up).

I headed out late afternoon as it was a warm day and the pulsar struggles with heat soak (which im looking at addressing best I can)

topped her up with some Vpower and I was off. Following my make that was on his bike she was boosting beautifully and coming on strong (touchwood)

some nice straights etc.

problem was with the windys

the pulsar is always ropey and has you on the edge but something wasn't right.. the car didn't feel balanced and I wasn't too confident licking corners. when both breaking and turning in it wasn't planted and locked in.

maybe im out of toucha dn not as confident as I used to be. started getting a knocking sound from the rear of the car driverside. thinking droplink or something.

considering upgrading suspension and polybushing next....

Never the less I was still smiling

2A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 11:56 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Wouldn't go all out on polybushes if mainly road, mix of some poly and rubber tends be better .
Suspension/handling big area of gain on R's but one hardly ever have much money or effort .
Simple thing can do on rear drop links is junk oem links with bush and get a subaru double ball link and fab a bracket to bolt on and convert the srut drop link mount, cheap and dirty upgrade that looks and works good .
If you on a top mount have a look at recoring it and using water injection .
Least you enjoyed your sunday drive and nice see people getting out on the road with them .

3A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 12:06 pm

SonaGTIR

front mounted matey. Ive heard water methnol mix kills the engine in the long run??

yeah I wasn't going to go full engine gear box mounts, just maybe bits and bats on the subframe. just to tighten. ive got cusco front and rear struts

4A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 12:24 pm

SonaGTIR

Im was thinking heat wrapping the manifold. new push and pull fans. mishimoto rad.

has anyone put there air filter in the wing of the car? would this help

5A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 1:04 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Heat wrapping manifold worthwhile, Rob IOW done a nice example on his and looks decent as well as functional improvement.
I've used water injection for years and never had a problem, used a lot in asia on petrols and diesels, done right it really reduces temps thus component wear and fatigue .
Thermal barrier under top mount another easy way reduce heat soak into top mount cooler .

6A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 1:32 pm

SonaGTIR

is it straight water your using. yeah I really want to wrap the manifold and downpipe but don't trust myself. got the DEI stuff ready

7A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 8:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I don’t think anyone should wrap the manifold. It’s not cheap but zirocoat is the way forward. I have a few ideas you could try mate and if you go down poly route give me a shout. Rear arb bushes ok ? If there is banging on back.

8A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 10:00 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Why not wrap the manifold, pretty easy one do well, you have issue with rain water in wet UK .
coatings are good but want do good port work on manifold prior coating job .

9A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 12th June 2018, 10:09 pm

SonaGTIR

What’s wrong with heat wrap bro. Many of high power cars use this. Plus I’ve brought it all now so can’t really f all. Have no idea what the knocking is mate until we get it up in the air.. hopefully this weekend. And will defo let you know about the poly. Just need to decide how much I’m going to do and still have to decide on possible suspension issue

10A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 13th June 2018, 3:06 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I’m going to ceramic coat plus wrap my steam pipe manifold.

11A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 13th June 2018, 9:48 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nothing wrong with it but even if you soak it first to get it tight it’s itchy when dry it’s a pain to keep on tight even with tie wire. His car lives outside so will keep getting wet and rot and I just find a lot of it is poor quality and makes it a faf to remove manifold in future. Just my opinion the time it takes to fit decent and future  problems. Ceramic coating although not cheap is way better and less hassle and looks ten times better

12A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 13th June 2018, 12:35 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I don't like pipe wrap except on race cars. On a street car that's going to see long term use, a good ceramic coating is a much better alternative, or even Headersheild thermal management upgrade.

http://headershield.com/

13A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 13th June 2018, 2:12 pm

SonaGTIR

yeah I agree lad but I have to balance the costs esp now I have this suspension issue to deal with.

has anyone used a mishimoto rad or these push and pull fans. any good?

14A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 13th June 2018, 2:48 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Yes, I have a B13 Mishimoto radiator with the stock fans

15A road blasting  Empty Re: A road blasting 13th June 2018, 4:34 pm

SonaGTIR

How’s the rad.. help with temp?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum