Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Think I may have to take the R off the road for a bit :(

+6
Mr B
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
johnny gtir
PartyPete
Hardy172cup
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Looks like the R will be coming off the road for a bit because a few things have popped up and basically I have no money.
I need to sort my tax, insurance and MOT all at the same time and I just don't have the cas at the moment, plus there are a few things I need to sort out on the car and if I get it taxed and insured ect for next month I will be neglecting to service the car properly so the plan is to take her off the road for a few months and get everything sorted while I get some money together for insurance etc.

Looks like I might not be able to make it to the rally day event which is a real shame because I was really looking forward to that Sad but it's just looking a bit impossible for me to get taxed insured and mot'd pluss sorting out the little bits I have to do on the car all in time for rally day, plus the actual cost of the day in fuel etc Sad

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

That's a shame, you must be planning on having it off the road for a fair while then! I saw you car parked at the side of the road the other day at the entrance to MFN! What have you got to do to it?

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I thought you may be at MFN mate but didn't see you, they wouldn't let me in because it was too busy  Rolling Eyes 

I only really need it off the road for a few months so I can sort my finances out but if I take it off the road I might keep it off the road until next year.

I've not got any major work to do on it tbf, I need two new rear tyres, new discs and pads, I need to change the knock sensor once and for all instead of just talking about changing it haha, I have a bit of a clunking knocking noise when going over bumps sometimes, I think it's a mount for the gearbox or transfer box as I do have a judder when releasing the clutch and I think that may be the cause and I just have a few little wiring jobs to tidy up. Oh and oil and filter change wouldn't go a miss lol.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do yet, I do have a few audio hifi things I could sell to raise money but I donlike anti start selling things lol

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yes it was rammed! And taking it off the road for over a year seems a little over kill if it's only small jobs to be done, but if it all boils down to funds then it's understandable, how ever not being able to drive it would be a killer!!!

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

don't leave it sitting for a long time don't care what others say I think it will add to problems

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

The thing is I have to tax and insure and mot it and I currently have £6 in my bank account lol and a few debts to pay off, I think I'm going to have to hold off before I renew my insurance for a couple of months because I have zero money. Unless I rob a bank she's going to have to spend a few months off the road. I will still take it round the block every couple of weeks to make sure things dont start to seize up etc

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

totally understand mate nowt worse than cash I know that as well as the next. All I was saying is try and save/spend in little bits don't just think its off the road might as well leave it there a year as in my experience cars don't like it starting with battery then tyres standing brakes are just a few. a short run is better than nothing but don't really let stuff get fully up to temp etc . fuel starts to go off faster than people think the list goes on

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah you are right there mate, I know things do not like being stood, I will try and cook up some quick cash making scheme if I can so I can keep her on the road lol

I have been using the car pretty much every day for the past few weeks and to be honest it's been faultless and it would be a shame to leave it sitting and then find a whole host of new problems when I try to get it back on the road.

Hopefully if I can get a good classic insurance quote I will be able to scrape by and keep her on the road.

It's crazy how financial situations can turn on you just like that, l was fine about a month ago and now I'm on my arse lol think I will have to sell some of my vintage hifi gear because to be honest I've got tons of it and I don't use it all all of the time anyway

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

You could always try and auction off the spoon .. It is a one of a kind.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

bill if your brassic and you need some bits for the car il let you have them for nothing fella if it helps ya keep the car on the road, obviously cant do anything regarding your other financial probs but every little helps

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Bob your a top bloke mate, really appreciate the offer.
I think I may need some little bits and pieces so I will let you know.

I need the clip for the drivers side rear window because my window nearly fell out yesterday Laughing I'll try and get a picture of the bit I mean.

Thanks again for the offer mate

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Sounds sensible plan, at least you not selling it like most do :-/
While off road & saving money should enable you sort out some niggles & as long as dry stored it shouldn't have to many probs.
I got a 1988 N13 1.6 GS 5dr sunny hatch that been sat outside for almost 4yrs now as no room to dry store it, still starts with little effort but needs new discs up front sill ends need small patching but most else is fine besides easy things like service, wipers & so forth. Haven't got the heart to sell/scrap it as too good really & never been any bother & drives a dream for a 26yr old car, plus not a lot of old stuff on the road so will be nice 30yr classic run around by time I get round to it :-S

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I took my r off the road 3 years ago now to sort a few niggly bits .... it kind of escalated from there ...lol ... any needs must bill just one of those things and it always sorts itself out in the end  Wink 

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

The bottom line is I'm not selling the car, I'm broke but don't need to sell the car that's for sure lol, I would rather keep onto it and put her away in the garage until things are looking up.

I will get by, I always do. Even if it means selling a kidney I'm not selling the R haha

grim_d

grim_d

Bill, 1 piece of advice I can offer is that if you do have to take it off the road for a while then don't get carried away with trying to improve things that don't need improving. Before you know it you end up with a bare shell doing a restoration...

Focus on the need and not the want.

Good luck with the cash flow situation, it's tough for us all right now.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats some good advice grim ..... exactly what i have done .... got carried away with it ...still a long way finnishing ...still got to strip it for spraying ....but after the re spray ivd got a few mechanical pieces then thats it ...

grim_d

grim_d

It is very easy to do so. I'm swapping bits over to my new shell and having to force myself only to do what's necessary otherwise before I know it will be Xmas and I'll still have 3 pulsars off the road in the unit.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It really is that easy to get carried away my initial taking the car off the road was to sort all the brakes new discs and pads braided lines then i thought while im there il just do this and change that lol ...

grim_d

grim_d

Be warned Bill....haha

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I had the idea that when I take mine off the road i'll have it done in a few months but after hearing Leightons story and thinking about it, I reckon mine will be out of action for a while Rolling Eyes
Mine does need a lot of work which makes me think of going full restoration, so good luck either way Bill.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Drop me a pm bill with any bits you need, just cover the postage and il let you have them

What size wheels you on bill

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

He's got 17s

Has he now I have 3 sets of 17 at mine with good rubber on them.

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Sir Dangerous Dave wrote:Has he now I have 3 sets of 17 at mine with good rubber on them.

Hmmm interesting, perhaps I could steel some of your tyres then Dave Very Happy don't lend me the wheels unless you want them kurbing into dust because I have ruined my wheels  Embarassed 

Wheels and tyres are the least of my worries at the moment, clutch has just gone on me, I've put a post up about it in the help and advice section

Thanks for offering up your tyres to keep me going mate, your a top bloke Dave  Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum