Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

replacing sills

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1replacing sills Empty replacing sills 29th September 2017, 9:38 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

How hard are the sills to replace for someone in their garage at home with the basic equipment?

2replacing sills Empty Re: replacing sills 29th September 2017, 5:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It's not that difficult it's more the time than anything .... are you looking at doing the full sill into the door shut or finding good metal up the sill ???

3replacing sills Empty Re: replacing sills 29th September 2017, 9:55 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I was thinking the full sill mate, better to replace the whole thing.

4replacing sills Empty Re: replacing sills 29th September 2017, 10:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Depends really most of the time they seem to go mushy or holey on the bottom up to where the skirt poppers in the sill goes ... no point cutting good metal out and if it's cut under the skirt it's certainly a lot easier to tidy up welds ... I do a fair bit of welding on various cars so it all depends on how much you want to spray or respray if your having all the quarters sprayed in then it isn't a real issue if you see what I mean ....

5replacing sills Empty Re: replacing sills 29th September 2017, 10:48 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ah yeah I see what you mean that's a good point. Ill have abit of a look and it might not be as bad as I think.

6replacing sills Empty Re: replacing sills 29th September 2017, 11:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Main thing dictates how hard it will be is what you see once cut it out . can get bigger job quickly.
Have a look in Burrows project thread, will see all welding he done know can view photobucket pics, think he done sills but was while ago he started that project .

7replacing sills Empty Re: replacing sills 29th September 2017, 11:48 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah I was looking at his thread last night, its such a good read, that's what made me think Ill do them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum