Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Replacing original Fuel Lines

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 2:43 pm

typeritr

typeritr

Has anyone ever replaced all their fuel lines? I would like to replace all the lines that run along the bottom of the car, I am just checking if there are any braided line kits around? Or where one would go to get replacement lines? They may have to be custom made? They look a right curse to get off from the engine side of the car.

2Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 4:39 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

The original Nissan lines are long gone. You could always just make them from steel tubing, but you'd need a tool to flare the ends where the rubber hose attaches, it's a kind of rather expensive hydraulic flaring tool, or, you can just run braided steel line and convert both ends to take AN fittings. Something like a -8 feed and -6 return.

3Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 4:43 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I have in the past used Nylon fuel lines, they're easy to work with and you can buy a whole kit with the tools, fittings and everything from a company called S.U.R.& R.

This kit is fantastic and will have the proper fittings to convert your fuel lines to quick disconnect. Very easy to work with, not hard to bend like steel and impervious to rust.

https://www.amazon.com/S-U-R-R-Auto-Parts-KP1200-Replacement/dp/B0021UQZVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1525106552&sr=1-1&keywords=Sur%26r+fuel+line+kit

4Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 4:56 pm

typeritr

typeritr

Thanks for the link. That kit looks very good. Might be exactly what I am looking for actually. Shipping and customs will be a pain though

5Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 5:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I like the look of them. I was going to do mine with ( is it Vauxhall’s) that use steel with the ( in this case was blue plastic looking) coating round them

That nylon looks way better than braided. Guess they would pass a uk mot ?

6Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 6:50 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Last edited by Ryaneg6freak on 30th April 2018, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 6:51 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

johnny gtir wrote:I like the look of them. I was going to do mine with ( is it Vauxhall’s) that use steel with the ( in this case was blue plastic looking)  coating round them

That nylon looks way better than braided. Guess they would pass a uk mot ?

I don't see why not, they're approved by the US DOT.

The plus side as opposed to braided lines, is that they'll fit in the factory fuel line clips.

8Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 7:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

That’s what I nearly mentioned when I seen braided mentioned would probably req new clips

9Replacing original Fuel Lines Empty Re: Replacing original Fuel Lines 30th April 2018, 7:53 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Burrows done his lines and made a home made bead forming tool .
check his thread out for details .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum