Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quarter mile times

+15
shroom
Cosmic73
GTI-R US
Ricks1983
GTIRSI
Whytie
mightydquinn
mreguest
typeritr
Welling_AL
hagger
Andy Sunny Gti
Stu
johnny gtir
PartyPete
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Quarter mile times  Empty Quarter mile times 15th April 2017, 7:43 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm interested to know people's quarter mile times in there pulsars
Is there a record for the fasted quarter mile time for an r in THE UK.
And what are the supporting mods carried out? I'd just like to get an idea out of interest especially compared to other cars

2Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 15th April 2017, 8:19 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

0-60 mph as it was timed speed day4.2 and quarter in 12.6 that was 320bhp on a 2860rs launch and small turbo so it tailed off top end

Last edited by johnny gtir on 18th April 2017, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 15th April 2017, 8:37 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

That seems a pretty impressive time? I'd like to take mine down some time but not sure I'd want to risk it

4Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 15th April 2017, 8:42 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I remember jobi.  Mo jamal and 00sid had the quickest 1/4 mile time at one point in time for the UK.
Cant remember their times tho.
I'm sure Andy would remember tho?
Not sure if their times have been beaten or not tho.
Cant remember their spec but sure they were over 400hp

5Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 16th April 2017, 10:38 am

Ricks1983

Ricks1983

Quarter mile times  Img_0711[/url]

Here's what mine done when she was standard bar exhaust and front mount. Then the lad blew it up and got her forged

6Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 16th April 2017, 2:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

PartyPete wrote:That seems a pretty impressive time? I'd like to take mine down some time but not sure I'd want to risk it
small turbo super responsive hard launch only place it tailed off was top end of revs in forth.

Fast guy has some great times ( sure there on not a big power car)

Chris on here was doing well at Santa pod that day up against bob can not remember his times 11.2 rings a bell

7Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 16th April 2017, 5:14 pm

hagger

i live just up the road from the pod and i have seen many pulsars on the strip over the years.I think the fastest i have seen is 10.6. I remember it was a white car but dont know if it was anybody on this site.

8Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 16th April 2017, 5:32 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Fast guy 12.063 with 280-300 tops standard tubby (stripped I think) good result

9Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 16th April 2017, 5:37 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

A few 10 sec gtirs.
Think ranging from 10.6-10.9 from memory.
AWD non road legal White Gtir
Jason Gant ivory Gtir
RC developments ivory gtir.

Also a few others it high 10's or low 11,s.
Lou Rob, Simon00Sid, Mo Jamal, Raffa.

Don't quote me on these though as its all from memory.

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 19th April 2017, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

10Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 16th April 2017, 5:40 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Ricks1983 wrote:Quarter mile times  Img_0711[/url]

Here's what mine done when she was standard bar exhaust and front mount. Then the lad blew it up and got her forged

My Sunny Gti Sr20ve fwd got 14.125, 6 years ago. Will aim to get into the 13's at our Nissan Day, at the Pod 14th May.

11Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 16th April 2017, 6:51 pm

hagger

i found some mini dv footage i took of a car at the japshow finals 2009 that ran 10.653 at 133 mph so that would be a good target to aim for.

12Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 18th April 2017, 12:21 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

i haven't been to pod in years but from memory my last trip there i did 5 runs - best time was 13.1 seconds with a 1.89 60 foot - was very happy with the launch but disappointed i didn't get into the 12's that day - will need to pull my finger out this year and get the R back out and on the road for the summer

13Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 18th April 2017, 7:55 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Im definitley gonna do a 1/4 mile at this years Podfest,

14Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 18th April 2017, 8:18 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

11.4, ........ almost completely standard, ish, I'm just a good driver!!!!

And it's quickest quarter mile time, not fastest/fasted you big kid!!!

Oh, and one last thing, I've had a word with Neil and he said your box has a warranty on it for many many drag runs, so get it taken down!!!!! affraid

15Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 19th April 2017, 7:48 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

mightydquinn wrote:11.4, ........ almost completely standard, ish, I'm just a good driver!!!!

Oh, and one last thing, I've had a word with Neil and he said your box has a warranty on it for many many drag runs, so get it taken down!!!!! affraid

Shut up you tart you know what I'm on about Razz
And yes Neil made it very clear to me he's happy to carry out full rebuilds including parts for free......I wish

16Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 19th April 2017, 8:12 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

PartyPete wrote:
mightydquinn wrote:11.4, ........ almost completely standard, ish, I'm just a good driver!!!!

Shut up you tart you know what I'm on about Razz
And yes Neil made it very clear to me he's happy to carry out full rebuilds including parts for free......I wish

Warranty is only provided upon proof the R was thrashed to within an inch of its life during the 1/4 mile. Very Happy

17Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 20th April 2017, 7:53 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Haha, so we all agree....... quarter mile drag race it is!!! Obviously after you get it on a rolling road first though to get a power print out!!

18Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 20th April 2017, 9:53 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It will be same as last time 412 ha ha

19Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 20th April 2017, 2:35 pm

typeritr

typeritr

What RPM do people be launching at for the drag racing?

20Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 20th April 2017, 4:28 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Id assume you'd just red line it?

21Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 20th April 2017, 5:47 pm

mreguest

mreguest

i've done quite a few 1/4 miles down the pod, probably 15 times... my car has never passed 220bhp on rolling road. front mount/exhaust/boost controller, but still standardish power 0.7 bar... best i've ever done was 14.02 @98mph. but mostly consistant around 14.1-14.2 @~96mph.

my best 60ft was 1.9sec. frikin happy with that, aparently breaking 2sec is quite good. litterally 5500rpm launch, let go of clutch pedal and hold tight every time Smile

did some bad runs once with a really bad syncro trying to smash it in to 3rd gear half way down the track, did it 3 runs at USC to get my money's worth and manged 15's each time, stupid really looking back as i might of had to go home on an AA truck Sad

all the above with interior and probably some camping crap in the boot... properly standard good running top mount cars can do 13.5 - 14 with no luggage and a lightweight driver.

lou rob's best was 11.1 @130mph if i remember correctly. many dp motorsport cars were doing 11's back in the day. fully stripped and 400bhp drops in the 11's in theory, 500bhp low 11's high 10's. i've only ever witnessed 12's at the pod and i think people around 350bhp.

nissan day only difference is i'll have lightweight flywheel, be interesting to see if i can get 13 something.

i've heard people say with big power slip the clutch rather than let go of the pedal, just get moving and get out of 1st gear asap long before red line, then get your bigger power in on the 2nd/3rd/4th gears. funt times! Smile

22Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 20th April 2017, 6:24 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

johnny gtir wrote:It will be same as last time 412 ha ha

Don't say that ffs, think I'd commit Harry carry!

23Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 20th April 2017, 6:26 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

mreguest wrote:i've done quite a few 1/4 miles down the pod, probably 15 times... my car has never passed 220bhp on rolling road. front mount/exhaust/boost controller, but still standardish power 0.7 bar... best i've ever done was 14.02 @98mph. but mostly consistant around 14.1-14.2 @~96mph.

my best 60ft was 1.9sec. frikin happy with that, aparently breaking 2sec is quite good. litterally 5500rpm launch, let go of clutch pedal and hold tight every time Smile

did some bad runs once with a really bad syncro trying to smash it in to 3rd gear half way down the track, did it 3 runs at USC to get my money's worth and manged 15's each time, stupid really looking back as i might of had to go home on an AA truck Sad

all the above with interior and probably some camping crap in the boot... properly standard good running top mount cars can do 13.5 - 14 with no luggage and a lightweight driver.

lou rob's best was 11.1 @130mph if i remember correctly. many dp motorsport cars were doing 11's back in the day. fully stripped and 400bhp drops in the 11's in theory, 500bhp low 11's high 10's. i've only ever witnessed 12's at the pod and i think people around 350bhp.

nissan day only difference is i'll have lightweight flywheel, be interesting to see if i can get 13 something.

i've heard people say with big power slip the clutch rather than let go of the pedal, just get moving and get out of 1st gear asap long before red line, then get your bigger power in on the 2nd/3rd/4th gears. funt times! Smile

That's a good write up and gives me a good idea of times I'd be looking at achieving (if I take my car down) the only thing I've taken down the strip is my s2000 and my best time was 14.8 at I think 94/96 mph....

24Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 21st April 2017, 8:44 am

mreguest

mreguest

I knew i'd seen a list somewhere!

http://strikeengine.com/sunny-pulsar-gtir-times-4433

gtir-2 & gtir-10 are DP cars. Chances are they belonged to lou rob, daniel fennel or jason gant.

One of them would probably be Daniel's first monster car - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZub_bD_WQ

This calculator is remarkably close - it gives you a good feel for going on a diet and caring less about power Smile

http://www.torquestats.com/modified/index.php?pid=calculator&action=calculate_times&drive=4WD&bhp=220&weight=1250&submit=Calculate

the key to DPs success was losing weight. their cars that were in the 11's were fully stripped, lightweight doors, boot, bonnet, plastic windows, no cage. theory is 375bhp at 1100kg = 11.5sec.

two of my runs from 10 years ago - fully standard car, 14.03s & 14.2s both@96mph Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRmHd3w3M_o
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGs3LQg-s-A

25Quarter mile times  Empty Re: Quarter mile times 21st April 2017, 9:02 am

typeritr

typeritr

Standard car is 1220kg so need to lose 120kg plus the weight of the driver. I reckon it would be quite hard to lose that weight though as the car does not have much in the back of it as is. Lexan windows would make a big difference though i would assume.

A nice rusty shell could cut a few Kgs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum